Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc? - page 11. (Read 3336 times)

Activity: 1344
Merit: 103
For me thats a nice strategy to collect more bitcoins , but for me i want to buy alts and bitcoin to make profit . We have own strategy about the alts and bitcoin holding . Like other said there are more chance of profit if you have both coins but remember its our holding so make your own decision about the coins that you think potentially grow up and hold it to earn a lot money.
Activity: 35
Merit: 0
In 2017, this strategy was very relevant, but now it is not working in a declining market. Do not sell your altcoins now, wait until they grow again.

Now, the market is not declining. Naturally, no one can be sure that the good green signs that we have seen will last for long but I will not sell my tokens.

I will not sell. I might use some of them as a kind of currency.
Activity: 71
Not a  good idea to me. I prefer you diversify the investment. Have both altcoins and Bitcoin.
Activity: 154
Merit: 17
I don't support this strategy. I would recommend you leave the alts you already have in their respective wallets and see how far the prices go, and then use another fiat to buy Bitcoin. We need new investment in the entire crypto market.
Activity: 314
Everyone has their own strategy to gain profit in trading and Bitcoin investments, And if indeed by selling Bitcoin and buy Altcoin can give bigger profit then it is good to do. but I think Bitcoin's long-term investment is a very potential investment, so if I personally it's better to keep hold of Bitcoin than to sell it to buy altcoin.
Activity: 322
Merit: 2
My response is a big No. Why should you sell all your alts to buy BTC? That is like dumping other coins. If you really want to have BTC, I suggest you bring in fresh money investment into buying the BTC. That way will increase the money into the market. Also, those alts can also rise in price which means more profit.
Activity: 226
Merit: 10
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
Few weeks ago I was contradicting this topic, but for now I can say that this is not the worst strategy because bitcoin is growing and alternatives are falling in the price so it seems to be wise to exchange alternative into Bitcoin.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
You can sell unpromising altcoyins and then buy bitcoin. However, if coins or tokens are promising and can later be profitable, and sometimes greater than bitcoin can give it, then there is no point in doing this. Especially now, when bitcoin has lost a bit in its popularity and is not yet in better shape.
Activity: 2170
Merit: 528
I do since prices of altcoins depend on Bitcoin and not the other way round. It's a fact that you can make more money by investing in altcoins but in a bear market you can also lose much more because altcoins tend to go down much faster and end up much lower.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
Yes you can sell your altcoins and buy BTC if the price of Bitcoin is low then hold it and wait for the time it's price will go high then sell it to gain a big profit.
Activity: 158

strongly agree, because almost all investors do that.
participate with ICO, altcoin is just a complement, but it is useful to double your bitcoin. altcoin provides great benefits with less capital.
Activity: 490
If for now I tend to invest in bitcoin because to the recent decline in altcoin values ​​makes traders tend to experience panic and to avoid increasingly difficult losses so they become afraid when investing in the future.
Activity: 282
Merit: 4
dApps Development Automation Platform
It is necessary to diversify your income .Keep everything in btt not an option. You need to have alts too, you need to keep the cryptocurrency.
Activity: 134
Merit: 18

More and more people are into bitcoin so it is really a wise decision to prioritize bitcoin since it has the most or biggest potentian among the rest.
Activity: 173
Merit: 19
Personally speaking, I do not recommend this strategy to sell your alts to buy Bitcoins, as much as possible, we have to diversify our portfolio, that is the smart and safer strategy, If you really believe in Bitcoin and wants most of your investments to be in it, you can do 75 to 25; like three forths of your investment is on it, the the other quarter is on altcoins.
Activity: 490
In 2017, this strategy was very relevant, but now it is not working in a declining market. Do not sell your altcoins now, wait until they grow again.

Now, the market is not declining. Naturally, no one can be sure that the good green signs that we have seen will last for long but I will not sell my tokens.
Activity: 742
Merit: 42

Of course not, there are some alts have a potential  and there are some good for scalping trading. My suggestion is, if you think that alts is good enough to hold then why sell?  If you really want to buy bitcoin, use other resources. You can use your profit from scalping to buy Btc and if you think that the alts  your holding has no improvement then sell in btc pair.
Activity: 108
Merit: 1
Yes, always do that when i realize that coin that i hold is probably shitcoin, ill wait for him to pump and sell it to btc ...because lot of times you go into some project naive thinking that it will be great like some other coins but when you realize that clearly its shitcoin or even worst shittoken its best to get rid off and only and best way its to sell it to btc than after you can cash out or wait for another opportunity
Activity: 112

Probably not, it is better to buy altkoins additionally, and leave the bitcoins.
Activity: 434
Merit: 168

That was my strategy for a while and it became that when BTC fell, no other investments picked up the slack. Then again, when BTC fell every thing feel right after. But then I invested on strong alt coins and strong up and coming ones. This is called portfolio diversity. The suprising thing about it is, alt coins gain more than BTC.
Pages:
Jump to: