Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc? - page 9. (Read 3336 times)

Activity: 110
Merit: 0
You must have a sense of proportion in everything. Now you can sell altcoins, which in your opinion do not have a future and buy Bitcoin on this money. But I would not advise, you now sell altcoins who have at least some prospects.
Activity: 60
bitcoin is gaining much preference now by investors,not a bad idea
Activity: 532
Merit: 10
BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE
It is always wise to spread your investment portfolio into altcoin and Bitcoin, Most importantly I ensure I research before investing into altcoin in terms of what they are out to offer in order to avoid scam project and also secure my investment.
Activity: 24
no, instead I bought some altcoin which I think has a good potential for later. fortunately, I have a bit of bitcoin, and can be used to buy altcoin.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
APOLLOX Protocol
Alts are very difficult to handle in this year, I'd probably run away from them to BTC/ETH in my portfolio, or maybe go just 100% BTC because lately alts are loosing price in relation to BTC.
Activity: 224
Merit: 5
Many people actually do that because of the idea that Bitcoin still is  the best coin around that could give a person the best profit possible come the time it gains back what it lost after several dumps. However, I will not totally dispose all of my altcoins to buy Bitcoin because there are still some altcoins, like Ethereum, that is worth holding. And also, in this market, diversity is key, so it's better to have a couple of coins rather than just one. Everyone has their objective to buy bitcoin or altcoin, there is different reason each other, thats why every coin have a fans, some of them fanatik.
Activity: 2660
Merit: 651
Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me
This is a good choice if the market conditions are stable and good for buying bitcoin. sell all altcoin and buy more bitcoin. Investing or trading bitcoin, you will have a great chance to get more profit in the right time. bitcoin is proven and believed, which is why many believers are really helped, through by doing bitcoin activity .
Buying bitcoin it good but all altcoin doesn't go well because it good to be diversions in investment and it not good either to put all eggs only in one basket.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

Not all the time it's based upon the market price and my own predictions. Everyone know that Bitcoin is very good potential coin for investment. So this is the good strategy to gain profit.
Activity: 364
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
I do not think that now it's better to sell all your altkoins and buy bitcoins for this money. Altcoins now have various useful functions, many of which are much superior to bitcoin. Therefore, I do not see any reason to specifically sell altcoyins and buy a technically obsolete bitcoin.
Activity: 322
This strategy worked very well until two months ago. In fact, if there is a good place to do it is absolutely. But now it seems necessary to do the opposite. All the people in the bottom are almost harmed. There is no other way to wait, unfortunately.
Activity: 353
Merit: 12

That will be a tough decision if you try to invest to other alts because I believe that BItcoin has much bigger potential compared to others. Maybe it was safer to just stick to Bitcoin specially when you are not earning so big here in crypto, maybe your funds will be gone easily because of the deflation rates of other alts. Go for bitcoin!
Activity: 490
I do not think that this is a suitable strategy. More than once already it was said that it is better to split assets. It's simple - minimizing risks. Bitcoin certainly has a leading position in most investors portfolios, but altcoins, should be too.
Activity: 129
In case we explore the market in the progressing days, I don't figure this would be a savvy thought, anyway the bitcoin costs are going down now, substitute alts are even goes further, concerning the costs, it is indiscreet to offer our alts and buy bitoin, as the opening was excessively enormous I think.I think that, making it impossible to offer altcoin will give us much bitcoin especially if the altcoin cost is down like today in light of the fact that the measure of bitcoin that we can get is diminished. perhaps it's more brilliant to hold the altcoin that we have until the altcoin fetched has come back to increase again so in case we offer the altcoin, we can get much bitcoin and we can sit tight for bitcoin cost has come back to addition to offer the bitcoin.
Activity: 84
As i see the price of bitcoin now is started to up again i think its good to sell some alt coins and buy bitcoin, having a popular and strong coins like bitcoin gives us a possibility to gain a good profit, but also there is some alt coins that has a good value. Hopefully before this end of year bitcoin will totally explode and kick to the highest level of price.
Activity: 86
I do not approve that. Some alts can make you gain a lot of money if you select them rightly.
You should trust in some good coins out there and just hold them for a while Wink
Activity: 20
Merit: 1
I do not fully agree but I believe that the investment in your hand should be 70 percent bitcoin as 30 percent altcoin. If you make your whole investment as altcoin or bitcoin, you will miss many opportunities.

That's what I would say too. And considering this is posted back in May, it looks like it could have been a pretty reasonable strategy. I don't know the total value of all alts vs. bitcoin (is there an index somewhere that we can see that?) but I think that overall alts have been losing pretty badly against it lately.

Now that bitcoin is gaining and alts aren't, I'm looking to get into a few alts a bit now. It's better to buy them while they're still low, because once they start moving, they really go fast.
Activity: 2072
Merit: 503
This is a good choice if the market conditions are stable and good for buying bitcoin. sell all altcoin and buy more bitcoin. Investing or trading bitcoin, you will have a great chance to get more profit in the right time. bitcoin is proven and believed, which is why many believers are really helped, through by doing bitcoin activity .
and few days ago much altcoin sold in market.maybe investor switch their asset in bitcoin right now.and hope in december they will gain huge profit by holding bitcoin.many expectation in end of this year bitcoin will hit at least $20k.
in fact, for now, it is good to store bitcoin, because so far it shows only a significant increase in bitcoin. and I think when the price goes up, we can not guarantee altcoin prices go up, but it does not rule out the possibility of making altcoin prices go up.
Activity: 798
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
and few days ago much altcoin sold in market.maybe investor switch their asset in bitcoin right now.and hope in december they will gain huge profit by holding bitcoin.many expectation in end of this year bitcoin will hit at least $20k.
Activity: 161
Activity: 420
Merit: 14
It purely depends on you. I myself collect alt coins then when they mature enough i convert a part of it to Ethereum and Bitcoin. I suggest initially investing on alt coins since they have a huge potential to grow then convert then to Bitcoin. Just make sure that you read the trends of the altcoin before investing.
Pages:
Jump to: