Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc? - page 6. (Read 3336 times)

Activity: 526
Merit: 10
Lifestyle & Wellness Platform
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
I used Bitcoin to buy altcoins like Euthereum and Litecoin. Then sell the altcoins when it raises and use that portion of the proceeds to buy more Bitcoin when it drops. And I see your strategy seems to be similar to mine. I do not intend to leave the crypto market and will seek to shift this investment from Bitcoin to altcoins as well as vice versa.
Activity: 924
Merit: 100
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
Now implementing this strategy is the most ok, because the current BTC prices are very low and can fall deep, so buy them now do not miss the opportunity.

buying btc is good but selling alts this time is not that good because the price is also low you can sell it but with a low value so it is better to hold it and buy bitcoin form your fiat but if you got nothing you can sell your alts because the chance you can earn with a good value is on the side of bitcoin.

Indeed, current situation is not good for selling our altcoin because most altcoin in market drop the price more than 70% from highest price. I think i am better waiting price increasing and selling my altcoin to bitcoin. But sometimes investing on altcoin and hold it as long term investment is profitable because movement on altcoin more attractive than bitcoin
Activity: 120
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
I suggest you not to sell all coins, because if you sell everything to buy bitcoin then you will be hard to trade ...
because if you only rely on bitcoin trading it will be difficult to get profits, whereas if we trade a lot of coins then we will be easier to get a profit ...
Activity: 406
I think this is not the best option. All the same it is better to diversify your investments.
Activity: 425
This is one option: sell all altcoins and buy btc. But, the problem is altcoin price is also low at the moment. When you sell all altcoins, one thing is sure, you lose profit now. All you've got to do is taking the risk that bitcoin will increase in the long run.
Activity: 207
Merit: 0
Now implementing this strategy is the most ok, because the current BTC prices are very low and can fall deep, so buy them now do not miss the opportunity.
I always believe that bitcoin still promises greater profits than altcoins. When the altcoin owner sells it to play to bitcoin, I agree. But having altcoins is also okay, because besides the price is cheaper so it doesn't drain capital, the benefits of altcoin trading are also good. For better investment, it remains bitcoin, because based on statistics, the longer the price of bitcoin is more expensive, meaning that the profit is greater.

bitcoin is downtrend, it's better to play quantity in the altcoin first, at least keep buying bitcoin but not for scalping, these two coins are good, but traders also have to have a strategy, I only sell the altcoin profits that are converted to btc, but the fixed capital that I use for buy altcoins that have better potential now.
Activity: 924
Merit: 220

yes of course bitcoin must be prioritize instead of having alts though some altcoins could go relatively strong but it does not guarantee that all altcoins will go strong because some of the altcoins in the market will just be dump forever because of the team bringing that project that does not made a good actions and plans to prevent those event to happen.
Activity: 30
I always believe that bitcoin still promises greater profits than altcoins. When the altcoin owner sells it to play to bitcoin, I agree. But having altcoins is also okay, because besides the price is cheaper so it doesn't drain capital, the benefits of altcoin trading are also good. For better investment, it remains bitcoin, because based on statistics, the longer the price of bitcoin is more expensive, meaning that the profit is greater.
Activity: 826
Merit: 256
I'd rather diversify instead of selling all my altcoins for bitcoin only. I've been holding my bitcoin and some selected altcoins that has the potential to go up in the coming months. There are some altcoins that can give you sure profits later although most of them are going down because of the bear market and uncertainties.
Activity: 6
Yes, I am approved this strategy sell alts and buy btc. Because btc is most famous compare the other currency and it has a good price compare the other currency.
Activity: 854
Merit: 501
I am doing this strategy if ever a bounty campaign already sends me my tokens or my coins then I sell it and buy Bitcoin because I am a believer of Bitcoin and it's power to give us more profit if we just believe and trust the never-ending change of market price in Bitcoin but hopefully it will pay off with much more profit for us Bitcoin investors. Lips sealed Lips sealed
That is a nice way to handle risk when you have a diversified portfolio. I rather look at the prospect of profit I am able to earn give a coin. If the ration of profit that I can earn at a point in future is more than that in Bitcoin, I would go for altcoin because the only quest is to maximize your profit.

However if the case is opposite, I would keep on holding my Bitcoin and would add an additional number of good altcoins to my portfolio to for future benefits.
Activity: 378
I cannot be differ those two strategies. I  have g some alts and btc. Everyday I trade may alts or doing shor-term investment. I hold my btc for my long term investment because It is as the strongest coin which even not trade it I will get advantages. Everyone may approve one of them or apply those strategy, as long as they can earn and can take advantages is better than doing nothing. 
Activity: 369
Merit: 106
No. I have some Alts coins that I think have quality and a good future. I don't want to sell it to get bitcoin. but for some coins that I don't think has a bright future, I sell them to get Ethereum and Bitcoin
Activity: 144
No, I don't. It is a decent strategy though but BTC can't offer you such possibilities to play with trades and holding as alts do in my opinion.

Yeah some altscoins have potentials and can be able to give us huge profit in the near future so for me it's better to have both and wait for it to give us good profit soon.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 529
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

buying btc is good but selling alts this time is not that good because the price is also low you can sell it but with a low value so it is better to hold it and buy bitcoin form your fiat but if you got nothing you can sell your alts because the chance you can earn with a good value is on the side of bitcoin.

Yeah at a time like this, it's not really a good idea. Unless bitcoin starts to make another december 2017 run then i'd gladly sell most of my alts even at a loss. But ifnit's like this, there's a chance you'll even get more from your alt holdings than btc
Activity: 319
No, I don't. It is a decent strategy though but BTC can't offer you such possibilities to play with trades and holding as alts do in my opinion.
Activity: 980
Merit: 261

Activity: 224
Activity: 349
I'm still using this strategy. I believe it is safer and better to transfer all my profits to Bitcoins or Ethereum. Of course, I still move to USDT as a backup plan. Although Bitcoin price is not good, I still believe in its future as well as my decision.

Activity: 28
Yeah buy btc now it has a low price then hold it and wait until btc rise then sell it
Pages:
Jump to: