Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc? - page 29. (Read 3336 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 184
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

Selling alt would be fine in exchange with bitcoin specially if we are cashing out our investments because it is easier to encash it into fiat if we will exchange it with bitcoin.
Activity: 297
Merit: 100
 I would never sell my alternatives that I have, because bitcoin is one, and there are many, and holding them is a great support to ideas in this world!
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010
Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics
Don't really agree with this article. It's just not my way of thinking. I prefer having my money in various coins rather than just one.
But for the true believers in bitcoin, why not, some think that the bitcoin health impact all the other altcoins.
Activity: 994
Merit: 138
I do not approve of it. alts with great prospects and potential for the future, better hold it. for bitcoin, I have the different way to get it
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
I thought about it too. If I had sold my ETH and bought BTC in February, I would have more money today.
Activity: 392
Merit: 10
For me its okay to sell alts for btc but on the other hand it is also good to hold alts for they can be profitable also as btc.. Once btc pump alts will follow most of the times..  Much better to have both if possible.
Activity: 753
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
Undoubtedly, bitcoin is the most popular, reliable coin, which has a high price, and there are all prerequisites for its further growth, but there are promising altcoins that should be paid attention. I believe that you need to protect your risks, and keep bitcoin and some altcoins.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1060
Welp, considering how many altcoins have turned out to be shit coin in a month or so, I would honestly consider this strategy. Altcoins are for fast money. They are created (at least almost all of them) for the purpose of pumping and dumping the coin. Some are able to buy an altcoin in a price lower than the pre-sale and it's one of the strategies of ICOs in order to assure that they will have sales at all or at least be able to reach their soft cap. Of course those "early investors" do not really care about the coin so they are going to dump the coin as soon as they enter the exchange. Funny because I didn't know this before and so I held my altcoins that came from signature campaigns. I thought I would try put my heart to it for a month or so. So instead of having the amount of money that I was supposed to earn from it, I earned just a couple of bucks.

I don't trust altcoins in the long run anymore except those that are in the top 100. On the other hand, there are still some coins whose devs are actually trying and are actually doing what their coin was supposed to do. Sadly, you have no way of determining if an ICO is going to do that or not. It's all just a matter of luck but in order to be safe, sell your coin as soon as it pumps for the first time or as soon as it reached the ICO price.
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
For me, Its not recommend to sell altcoins to buy bitcoin because altcoins is more profitable to bitcoin because the price of altcoin now are easy to pump than bitcoin. Altcoins are easy to FOMO that can easily pump the price and double your investment in medium of time
Activity: 58
If you have read many strategies about selling alts and buy you could make analysis if what strategy is fit for you, well we have our own strategies and I Believe that experienced in crypto is one of the best.
Activity: 125
Merit: 1
if you have altcoin with medium value or just shitcoins then it would be great to sell it and buy Bitcoin because BTC is always valuable and needed. But I do not agree with this strategy especially if altcoin is valuable and has a good price
Activity: 112
Non of these coins are really stable to sell one for the other. but for the sake of market cap, and value, selling an altcoin for bitcoin will be the very best. I personally do not sell my altcoins to bitcoins. Ethereum is my coin of choice from altcoin to altcoin. Grin
Activity: 231
Merit: 10

For me I would not agree with this strategy because what if that alts I am selling will have a good potential in the future so I may lose what I am supposed to earn. I would be patient to wait for the time when to sell my hold coins anyway when it hits in the market it will turn to bitcoin. Any coins when sold is already bitcoins so it is not good to sell altcoins for bitcoins saving because all we can sell here gonna be turn to bitcoins.
Activity: 714
no i dont really approve that strategy because i think that is not right to sell alts just because you want to buy btc. Alts are more valueable and more profitable therfore i wouldnt try to sell them just to get a btc though id rather sell my btc in order to buy alts.

I will only sell my alts if i already achieved my targeted price but as of now i dont think i can achieved it because the market is still down.
Activity: 444
Merit: 101
I think this might have been an ideal strategy sometime back purely in terms of increasing the value of your portfolio.  I think that since Ethereum in particular and the idea of smart contract tokens, there has been great opportunities in trading alts regularly instead of constantly converting to bitcoin.  In terms of staying true to the intended use case, i'd argue that other's still maintain some of the original ideas whereas bitcoin for alot of people now is mainly a sort of store of value. 
I feel that the days of percentage increase in the hundreds for bitcoin are either long gone or at least number whereas percentage increase in value for alts haven't even peaked yet.   While this might be a strategy that works for some, personally, i wouldn't go this way at all.  I would rather stick with alts, if there was a massive dip in bitcoin, i'd probably buy into but not at the expense of my alts.
Activity: 363
Merit: 101
No, altcoin is the best in terms of getting a high profit. The price is very cheaper unlike btc which is so hard to holf even 1 btc. In altcoin we can hold even a thousand if coins. I just perfer btc if you are a big investor can buy hundreds of btc so if the price goes up you can earn more than x2. But if you unable to hold even 1 btc i must say to go with altcoins

You couldn't assume that altcoins are more profitable than bitcoin because in the 1st place it is cheaper than  bit coin.
However we also have to consider  the risk of investing in altcoin because we are not sure about its profit.
Many strategies work in different time intervals and you have to monitor the market so that to know about the real time of applying a strategy which is relevant according to the present conditions. Now sell Altcoin in a high market so that you may get profit from it and then invest in the Bitcoin in a low market which should be your first decision in the Bitcoin market.
Activity: 26
In my opinion, one should have both BTC and alt coins. However, one should be investing more in safer coins like BTC.
Activity: 854
Merit: 104

Previously, this strategy worked flawlessly. However, the situation is changing. On the one hand, bitcoin continues to obsolete morally and technologically, and on the other hand, more and more promising coins and tokens are coming out to the market. The only thing that keeps us in bitcoin for now is that almost all altcoyins have a price link to bitcoin. Bitcoin is even now too expensive compared to other crypto currency. This does not give him any advantages. On the contrary, it increases the risk when investing in it, because at any moment because of various negative news there may be panic among its investors. Therefore, I do not think that now it is necessary to keep only bitcoins. Bitcoin still remains attractive for investment, but already more than half of the funds I would have invested in altcoyins, and especially in ethereum.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
Better than "sell bitcoins, buy alts". Sometimes it is so hard to.trust alts (im not saying most, some of it) due to some negative issue like the pump and dump alts and in the end you have nothing. Or just simply sone of the are fakes, giving tou a nice project with their very interesting roadmap and in the end they will have your money. Maybe this idea is not that bad afterall, but peole.still have their own strategy regarding this matter.

I agree, bitcoin is so popular than altcoin and other people think thar having bitcoin is greater than having altcoin, but for me I'd rather to buy altcoin while having bitcoin than put all my money in bitcoin.
Agree I also prefer to divide the funds into some investments because it will add profits. I will not sell all my altcoin and then just
invest in bitcoin only, i will split my funds dan not on bitcoin alone but other investment including altcoin, so the profit i will get is bigger
Activity: 392
platform for everyday business

in my own opinion as if now  its not advisable  to sell all your altcoins and buy it with bitcoin,because when you look up into the market,bitcoins itself also is  in dump situation,and even you see the pareto graph spikes in the coin market caps bitcoin is still in the red flags situation,while in the other hand some altcoins now in pump position in the market,therefore i totally disagree this kind of idea,even we know that bitcoin is the majority of coins that have  most high price value in the crypto market.
Pages:
Jump to: