Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc? - page 32. (Read 3336 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 10
I wouldn't sell my altcoins for BTC irrespective of what I read or hear, I am a strong believer in diversification. My portfolio is mainly altcoins, I buy and sell and buy again. In that cycle.
Activity: 910
Merit: 100
No, I don't like this strategy. I prefer to keep both altcoins and bitcoin. Some altcoins give a very good profit, that is, I can return my contribution plus earn extra money, and the rest invest in bitcoin. For me, this is the most convenient solution. I made a decision for me that in my portfolio there should be altcoins and bitcoins.
Activity: 280
It actually depends if you are meticulous and want to assure your money is on the right coin. I actually am planning to sell all of my altcoins and convert them all to bitcoin and just hold them until the time I finally can say this is the amount I was aiming for.
Activity: 116
Merit: 0
It is better to diversify its funds, so I would not recommend that all of its funds be transferred to one asset.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 126
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

I think it is not advisable knowing that hodling altcoins would also provide us a better profit. Why don't we just invest half for alts and half for bitcoin. Through it, we would be able to maximize our gain. It is important that we know how value alts just like bitcoin because it could also provide us a good earning.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 534
I am a great fan of diversification method so don't really support the idea of liquidating the other forms of investments to take benefits of any single investment opportunity. It doesn't make any sense to me to sell alt-coins as we must have some research behind our decisions of alt-coin investments and any manipulation might affect the results and hence one should raise capital from his savings or other sources (non-investments) if he desperately wants to invest in Bitcoin.
copper member
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
It varies based on individual investment preferences, with the current situation of things, alts have been dragged down almost to their lowest points and we may begin to see some fight back soon.
Activity: 420
bitcoin prices are currently down and this is an opportunity to buy bitcoin at a cheap price, so if you already get a profit on altcoin then you can sell it and take the opportunity to buy bitcoin
Activity: 540
BountyMarketCap
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

I think we don't really have to sell our altcoins just to purchase more bitcoin because they are more profitable. I find altcoins easier to purchase because it is cheaper and more affordable than bitcoin but I could get the same profit through a long term hodling. They are both profitable after all.
Activity: 546
I don't recommend that because some of altcoins now are getting valuable and able to compete of bitcoin so I would rather recommend that buy altcoins and bitcoin in the same way.
Yes, as for me that is a good idea and that is how I work here in crypto. Being a bounty hunter I always have sell my reward altcoins if it is already a good time to sell into bitcoin and maybe others do the same things too, as a simple cryptonian and not a big time investor it is already a fulfillment for me if I can earn bitcoin from my bounty reward.
Activity: 518
Merit: 11
it seems I do not really agree if you have to sell altcoin and replace bitcoin to buy because bitcoin the price is too expensive while altcoin the price is still cheap which obviously can provide benefits for you.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
Some alt coins for btc is understandable since you just diversifying your portfolio this way but down go for bitcoin bitcoin all the way since you can manage your losses this way
I don't recommend that because some of altcoins now are getting valuable and able to compete of bitcoin so I would rather recommend that buy altcoins and bitcoin in the same way.
Activity: 24
it depends which alts are you holding , I think this is not applicable for all the altcoins, so it is dependable

I agree with you , it all depends on the altcoins that you're holding, also the price on the market.
Activity: 28
I do not think that bitcoin has more potential than other coins, because some altoins have a good idea and a promising future, they can get profit faster than from the growth of bitcoins.
Activity: 980
Merit: 506

I do not think so. Base from the recent trend of bitcoin, I would rather invest on some promising altcoins than to wait for billion of years just to see bitcoin rise again. I think it is not the time for bitcoin, I have seen many new altcoins there that are successful and gaining a huge growth but some others are not. I still believe in bitcoin but for me, if I want short term investment then I'll go for altcoins and for long term, then I'll choose bitcoin.
Yes, this is relevant but you have to make sure that your buying and selling times are according to the market conditions or not? If you buying and selling times are taking place in favorable situations then you can surely upgrade to Bitcoin and if not then you will not upgrade. Now sell Altcoin in a high market on a high rate so that you may be able to invest in Bitcoin in a low market.
Activity: 84
it depends which alts are you holding , I think this is not applicable for all the altcoins, so it is dependable
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
approve, but it should be taken into account that there are good altcoyins that are still worth leaving
Merit: 102
Bitcoin is till most favorite coin in market because have biggest liquidity in market.  But i think, nothing wrong if we hold our altcoin. There is many altcoin have real product and undervalued market cap. Its potential to give us big profits.
Bitcoin is no doubt one of the best crypto coin amongst all other crypto coins but it is only profitable for you when you decide to go for long term holding of the bitcoin and that it won’t help you in having any significant profit at time when you will choose bitcoin for day trading. You need to look at the number of the altcoins which you are having and that other than this, your own planning.
Activity: 728
Merit: 252
I disagree with that. It is good to buy bitcoin and sell altcoin. But you must choose the best altcoin like ethereum, xlm, waves. Because is more advantages to trade altcoin than bitcoin except you have big capital.
Pages:
Jump to: