Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc? - page 31. (Read 3336 times)

Activity: 297
Merit: 100
 I have doing that tons of times, but I will always consider, maybe the cryptocurrency would be better, even than Bitcoin
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
indeed many of altcoin are not profitable enough to invest after all, and to be honest that have some altcoin that can be good but need of many research before doing that
Activity: 1022
Merit: 256
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

There are a lot of options right now. Of course Bitcoin is the best coin you can hodl. Among all the coins in the market, Bitcoin is the best option for long term. So even if its price plunges really low, you are somehow assured that it will definitely bounce back. But if I am not mistaken your altcoins are also suffering like Bitcoin so if you are selling you are already at a loss. It's your choice. But if the altcoins you are talking about is not a strong one, better shift to Bitcoin.
Activity: 248
Merit: 11
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

While bitcoin rises by 1%, alts can jump to x100 in one minute, which makes altcoin personally more profitable for me. To keep altcoins for a long time probably does not make sense, but I now decide for myself whether it is worth keeping bitcoin ... I have doubts.
Activity: 98
I think the best way is to keep the alts and invest in bitcoin, then the profit you bring will be higher.
Activity: 286
Merit: 3
maybe it depends on which coin now has a very good price and increases, if altcoin price now has good movement then why not, I will sell my bitcoin and move to altcoin and when bitcoin price will increase then I will go back again to bitcoin
This strategy is no doubt very good and that it can then help you in making of some good earning as well but the thing is you should only go for it once you are quite clear that you want to go for long term holding of the coins and that you are no more interested in day trading. If you want to go for short term investment of money, then it is better not to sell your altcoins.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
not completely because there are worthy coins in the altcoins that are worth keeping and not selling them
Activity: 854
Merit: 501
I invest on bitcoin and I also invest on altcoins, but I have never had the time to check out which one brings more profit than the other, though I think better profit will come from bitcoin, but I still don’t think that will be a very good reason for you to sell all your altcoins and buy bitcoin. It is always good to have alternative Cause you never know what may happen.

I don't recommend that because some of altcoins now are getting valuable and able to compete of bitcoin so I would rather recommend that buy altcoins and bitcoin in the same way.
That’s true man. Altcoins are becoming very valuable these days and shouldn’t be sold just like that. So it’s  always best to have your altcoins and also have bitcoins, that way you can be making profit from both ways and also not rely only on bitcoin. There are lots of good altcoins out there just like ETH, Ripple and the rest of them than I can count. So don’t sell your altcoins for bitcoin. Invest on all of them.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Lmao… I wouldn’t even think twice to do that. Altcoins to me are not even necessary, they are just as add-up. Bitcoin is far much better than most (if not all) of these altcoins in the market today. The price of Bitcoin fluctuates heavily and whenever the price goes up, every investors makes a good amount of profit from their investment. So you shouldn’t be comparing Bitcoin with other cryptocurrencies in the market.
Activity: 231
Nope. If I can have both, why should I sacrifice and lose one of them? if I want something else, then I will keep the existing one and buy another, it seems to be better.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
I don't think it is right that to sell your altcoins and buy bitcoin because altcoin and bitcoin are the same price movement when bitcoin down also altcoins down. But if altcoins are not having a potential to hold why not to sell at them.
Activity: 153
Merit: 3
bitcoin has more potential than any other coins I don't think it is right that to sell your altcoins and buy bitcoin because altcoin and bitcoin are the same price movement when bitcoin down also altcoins down. I believe that the investment in your hand should be 70 percent bitcoin as 30 percent altcoin.
Investment in bitcoin needs a lot of money while small coins do not need high investment. You can start with very low money and the prices of almost every crypto are increasing with the passage of time. There is no doubt that bitcoin has more potencail than any other crypto but it is all about the investment power. Bitcoin is the choice of every big investor.
Yeah you are right. If you have big investment then you can buy bitcoin and if you have small capital then low price coins are best option for investment. One other benefit of low price coins is that if the price down the deficit will be low and you will feel no panic. For instance if I buy Liza, I will never lose my investment because the price is so low that it cannot go more down. The down level is finishing dot.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 269
If you think your altcoin would survive this huge plunged then just hodl it and dont panic. But if that altcoin that you've invested in, is not popular and not even known i think you should cut your loses and move your money into much safer haven for investment like ETH, BTC and LTC. In the end it's up to you.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
Selling altcoins and buy bitcoin it's not good strategy because if we want to earn more profit better if we have more altcoins than bitcoin. Bitcoin is good to buy more this time because you can get more profit but it's not mean that you sell your altcoin to buy bitcoin they have better strategy that you do buy bitcoin with your extra money and hold your altcoins.
Activity: 882
Merit: 260

I dont also think that this is a good strategy to do because right now there are still a lot of altcoins that is worth it invest and to hold that's why we should both invet in a great altcoins like ethereum and also invest our money in bitcoin so we can able to have more profit.
Activity: 626
Merit: 10
Mostly some traders do that sell their altcoin to buy bitcoin if they know that altcoin is not worth it they sell it so they can buy bitcoin. Lots people are doing that because sometimes there's no other way so they sell their altcoin.
Activity: 130
I am more confident to sell my bitcoin and buy a good altcoin that is there or even invested in ICO that has a good future. Bitcoin is now too slow progress, while altcoin still has the possibility of increasing up to many times.
Activity: 238
i would partially  will the decision of selling all altcoin and buying bitcoin i prefer holding alt coins in spite  of market downtrend only in alt coins we can make profit
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

I think we don't really have to sell our altcoins just to purchase more bitcoin because they are more profitable. I find altcoins easier to purchase because it is cheaper and more affordable than bitcoin but I could get the same profit through a long term hodling. They are both profitable after all.
To me i think that bitcoin price is currently trading in a low price and if a person will sent his altcoins for bitcoin it will be a good decision, because it is expected that bitcoin price will once again start increasing its price very soon and very soon we can see a very goo d increasing in bitcoin price. I personally have sent some altcoin only for buying bitcoin.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
I would most likely agree with this strategy. Now they are gaining momentum on the platform based on the etherium and bitcoin will lose this battle sooner or later. in the long term, I would bet on altcoins.
Pages:
Jump to: