Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc? - page 49. (Read 3336 times)

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1035
Not your Keys, Not your Bitcoins
We all know that Bitcoin is THE HONEYBADGER and gets the most of media attention, BUT there are other solid cryptocurrencies with real use-cases and models that have a lot of potential, maybe even bigger then bitcoin's one. So as always DYOR before investing your money. Wink
Activity: 602
Merit: 111
i personally don't have any investment in any altcoin to want to sell it now and have bitcoin. i only have my investment in bitcoin because that is the only thing that i understand and i also trust. any altcoin out there that i check out and analyze technically disappoints me greatly which means i don't have any faith in their long term survival and good futures. so i don't invest in any of them. what i do is short term trading altcoins to increase my bitcoin holdings.
Yes most of the people invest on altcoins to make quick money which can be used to buy or increase our bitcoin holding.So I don't want to sell any bitcoins to buy altcoins.Investing on altcoins in the long term also risky because most altcoins will ha e no value in few years from it was launched.
Activity: 238
Merit: 3
ImmVRse | Disrupting the VR industry
sometimes altcoin are very good and benifit to invest in it but i guess some strategy like that can improve the bitcoin price too, if we sell all what we have
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

In my opinion, since the price is still low, I think you don't need to sell any altcoins or Bitcoin because you will suffer a loss. Just hold all of them for a period of time and wait for the Bull run and hopefully it will happen soon. Maybe you can do is to just buy additional Bitcoin and then hold until you are getting earning from it.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
Personally I prefer to form portfolio from Bitcoin and strong altcoins like Ethereum, IOTA, Bitcooin cash, Cardano, Tron, Stratis, OmiseGO, Sia coin, ICON and Zcash. 35 percent of money are invested in bitcoin and another 20 precent in ethereum. 80 precent of my portfolio are long-term investments. I trade on shitcoins only with 15-20 percents of my deposit.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1016
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
In my own opinion I dont sell all of my altcoin just to buy bitcoin. Cause I know that alt coins are have potential too I think we can make it just believe on ourselves we are people and our potential and learning nevers stops. We can make it at last just read more about altcoins and ready to be trader

What altcoin has brought us at least one useful thing over the last few years?
I don't know one. This is open source. And if anything really useful would have been developed, it would have been implemented into Bitcoin.
And in the future we can use sidechains for that. The truth is that most altcoins just took from Bitcoin, whenever they could, changed a few things and marketed the sh** out of it, to suck up all the dumb money and get rich quick.
Even Ethereum build from scratch, has extremely serious issues and delivered nothing useful except many questionable ERC20 tokens and laughable crypto kiddies which halted the whole network.
So this is not about believing in alts! It's about understanding the technology and recognize as quick as possible what is shady and very likely a scam or just can not work.
Activity: 966
Merit: 501
No, I wont recommend selling all your alts for bitcoin. Alts, though still rising slowly, have a lot of potential and can lead to earning good profits in a short period of time.
Ethereum is the second most popular crypto and is a great alt. Not only as an investment asset, it can be used as a platform for posting new ICOs. Also it is used as a token for smart, decentralised applications.
Monero is the best privacy coin out there. Due to its ring signature, it makes transactions untraceable. It also provides complete anonymity in its transactions which makes the information of the sender and receiver private.
Hence, these are great coins and will provide you with good profits in the future.
Activity: 166
Merit: 15
I believe that both bitcoin and promising altcoins must be  in the investment portfolio. Here one complements the other.
For example, bitcoin and Ethereum in my portfolio allocated 40%.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0
on the off chance that we investigate the market in the ongoing days, I dont figure this would be a smart thought, however the bitcoin costs are going down now, alternate alts are even goes further, in regards to the costs, it is imprudent to offer our alts and purchase BTC, as the hole was too huge I think.on't feel that to offer altcoin will give us much bitcoin particularly if the altcoin cost is down like today on the grounds that the measure of bitcoin that we can get is decreased. possibly it's smarter to hold the altcoin that we have until the altcoin cost has returned to increment again so on the off chance that we offer the altcoin, we can get much bitcoin and we can sit tight for bitcoin cost has returned to increment to offer the bitcoin.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 167
actually this should not be done if altcoin you have a high price or still include a row of 10 altcoin high priced saad this
Activity: 238
Merit: 6

In the article nothing new is described, Huh in one sentence: All investments must be kept in the top 5 crypto currency.
Regarding Bitcoin, I think that he will not be above 12K.
Bitcoin Cash will increase its capitalization and accordingly increase in price.  Wink
Activity: 350
Merit: 100

In my own opinion I dont sell all of my altcoin just to buy bitcoin. Cause I know that alt coins are have potential too I think we can make it just believe on ourselves we are people and our potential and learning nevers stops. We can make it at last just read more about altcoins and ready to be trader
legendary
Activity: 2534
Merit: 1338

Most altcoins are used by members of this forum to increase their bitcoin holdings and for people like that I do not see anything wrong with selling their alts and get bitcoin as long as they are getting profits out of that transaction because if they are not then what was the point of risking your bitcoin at all, you just wasted your money and your time in something that did not produce a thing.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1293
There is trouble abrewing
i personally don't have any investment in any altcoin to want to sell it now and have bitcoin. i only have my investment in bitcoin because that is the only thing that i understand and i also trust. any altcoin out there that i check out and analyze technically disappoints me greatly which means i don't have any faith in their long term survival and good futures. so i don't invest in any of them. what i do is short term trading altcoins to increase my bitcoin holdings.
Activity: 224
Merit: 10
One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

I can say it depends. If you f you find a good ALTCOIN, I do not think it's necessary to sell it.
I also suggest you diversify your Crypto assets, not only fill your bag with Bitcoin.
Activity: 29

You should act according to current market condition. If you see that alt coins are moving slow, sell them and convert in bitcoins.
Activity: 938
Merit: 101
No i do not agree cause for me sell btc and buy alts including ico. Sometimes buying tokens from ico projects can give you profit in a short period of time.
Activity: 490
Merit: 258

You will only do that if you are a fan of fiat. Honestly, that is my opinion. In the first place, you trade bitcoins over altcoins only because you are seeing the value in dollars are increasing... but if you are a hardcore bitcoin enthusiast, you will buy bitcoins during pumps, and buy bags of it during dumps.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100

That is my original plan since I enter crypto world but it always depends on where I can get earnings because all I want is to get benefit on both but for now I want to explore more I want to learn any different cryptos.
Activity: 61

I prefer buy bitcoin than other. I dont want to sell my bitcoin to buy other. Because bitcoin is more profitable.
Pages:
Jump to: