Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc? - page 51. (Read 3336 times)

Activity: 1050
Merit: 250
I will not sell my coins if I do not have to, if I sell them I might wait for the time at the appropriate price because I have to see the profit from the price of the capital I bought. If the price is good then I will sell it, but I see and analyze first whether the price will go up more or not, and I will usually keep it as my investment. Since the sessions come at the end, if we are in a hurry then you will regret if the price you sell is 5 minutes later the price is high.
Activity: 987
Merit: 254
Unfortunately, investing in the Altcoins does not seem to make much sense. Because when the bitcoin fluctuates, neither the altcoin nor anything else.
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
We'll find that bitcoin is very valuable in a bear market because it's very resilient.

So I don't think you should invest any altcoins by selling bitcoin. The market is so weak that you can keep buying if you have extra money.
Activity: 714
Merit: 11
BountyMarketCap
quite interesting too, sell all alts and buy btc to be on hold again in the long run. strategy is pretty good, but there's nothing wrong if you want to keep hold in alts.
legendary
Activity: 2548
Merit: 2259
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

No, I don't approve the strategy described in this article. Figuratively saying, it is not wise to place all eggs to one basket. The investment portfolio should be diversified. The authors mention the turbulence on the crypto exchange markets, but I guess they just try to encourage people to make the current support level of Bitcoin more strong at the expense of other crypto currencies. Probably, they didn't invest in altcoins.
Activity: 196
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

The only necessary strategy for us is to observe and monitored always the Blockchain Price Market, why we sell our all Alts if the price of the said coins are better than Bitcoin. as of now buying of BTC is better because of a low price but this is for long term investment. 
Activity: 378
Merit: 100

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

yes i agree to that, if you are holding a huge amount of ethereum then the best thing to do right now is just to sell all your coins and reinvest it on bitcoins in order to earn more profit in the market when the prices are pumping again.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 106
I do not agree with that, if all users sell altcoin to buy bitcoin then it makes the price of altcoin drop and bitcoin too strong so there is no balance.
Activity: 924
Merit: 265

it depends on the alts you have an alts that had a low value then you can buy a low amount of bitcoin but if it has a good value already it is nice to sell it and buy bitcoin.
Activity: 197
Merit: 1

In some cases, I have to sell Altcoin to BTC. Because Bitcoin prices are rising at times. So sell Altcoin and buy Bitcoin to make a profit. After profit, we continue to sell BTC and buy altcoin. We will have more coins
Activity: 574
Merit: 252
It is a good statement and most of the time when my investment is in profit i usually tend to convert my altcoin to bitcoin but that does not mean that i am going to sell my coins at a loss because someone said so, i would rather invest in bitcoin if i find a rally will be up soon rather than selling alts to get bitcoin. If you alts are in profit then it is the best strategy.
Activity: 812

Maybe is alternative way to buy bitcoin why not?We all know bitcoin is more profitable than to altcoin so I think nothing is wrong if we sell our altcoin to buy bitcoin. Bitcoin is proven the value than altcoin so if you feel your satisfy to that altcoin to sell you can sell so you can buy btc.
Activity: 154
a big NO! personally i wouldn't take a risk to have btc only. the more coin the greater the posibility of profit.. if you have many alts the chance of lossing is slim because not all coins will drop on the same time... unlike holding one coin only if it falls all your capital will be losing also.
Activity: 166
It depends on how you handle your investments. In my own opinion, I will not invest on btc alone, i have also to buy alts or any coins with good potential to grow and constantly having value. Depending on what marketing strategy you are confident to use. There are many ways on how to have good profits and it all up to you to decide whatever it would be. Selling of alts just to buy btc is also a good strategy for longterm investments.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11

I would not recommend investing in just one crypto currency. Undoubtedly, bitcoin now leads the market, but this does not mean that you can ignore the rest of the crypto currency. To date, we can see a large number of promising coins, in which it is worth investing. Therefore, I share the investment and choose several worthy projects.

Investment on one ALT coin is not a good idea, you have to consider the possible out come on the market trading at any given time, market is Volatile, no one can predict that once you invested what ever amount for such project it is automatic that you will just wait for you profits, base on the market preview, we've seen some investor losses a huge amount for one investment, it is not practical to use this kind of strategy as you say so, it is therefore advisable to spread your investment, if in any case something happened, you still have something in the market to count on.
Activity: 3
no i dont approve of it
Activity: 344
I agree with your strategy. Because I think investing in bitcoin tends to be less risky than investing in altcoins. That's just my opinion. But if selling altcoins whose prices are still falling certainly will not benefit us. So it's better to wait and sell when the price is high. Then buy bitcoin when low.
Activity: 728
Merit: 502
Well it depends ,Sometimes I sell my Bitcoin to buy some alts to gain some profit,
I would sell my Bitcoin once it starts dumping then buy some alt-coin to gain some BTC from it.
You can modify or change your business decisions by keeping the market condition in the mind. You can sell Alts and buy Bitcoin if the margin of profit in Bitcoin is more than that in altcoin. Besides, the decision can also be made on the basis of the additional benefits the technologies provide. This is called comparative analysis. The future return and the profitability are the other factors that affect the investment decisions.
Activity: 826
Merit: 502

I invested my bitcoin in altcoins and now the price of them is reduced so now if I will buy back the bitcoin then I will get a lesser amount of bitcoin which is against the rules of trade. In trade you always have to care that you buy any coin at lower price and sell them at a higher price and I have invested in good coins and I know that they will increase much higher in value that is why I am waiting for a good time and then I will buy bitcoin with that.
Activity: 882
Merit: 403

Quite logical but too much of a risk for me so I think I'll pass. And besides, we all know that bitcoins cannot be able to bring us x100 and up gains if we can only do small investments right? So yeah, I really won't do it. I already am holding enough bitcoins in my opinion and will not over do it since I might end up losing capital that gaining profits.
Pages:
Jump to: