Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc? - page 54. (Read 3336 times)

Activity: 980
Merit: 276
well it depends. because now bearish trend is going on and when you keep altcoin you loose also bitcoinwise. so if you hold only bitcoin you may loose less comparing with altcoin holders. on the other hand if the trend changes altcoin holders may make more profit comparing with bitcoin holders.
Activity: 294
Merit: 12
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
I'm selling some of my alts to buy bitcoin, but not hundred percent just a percentage. I hodl alts which I think is worth hodling, and sell some which I think not good for long term. But it's still depend on you on how you will manage your investment.
Activity: 378
Merit: 25
I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

well it depends on the current market status of those altcoins. i think what they meant is invest more on btc rather than altcoins because we all know that alts are not as stable as bitcoin. he did not mentioned that sell your alt then buy btc. having altcoins also adds up on your investment portfolios, there are some alts that is stable and can be leveled with bitcoin.
Activity: 350
Merit: 12
It depends on you.If you think bitcoin will give you more benefits and you don't have extra money to buy bitcoin then sell your alts.One more suggestion,study the movement of alts specially ethereum because it shows good movement now.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10

I invest in never using such a strategy because it is a very high risk. If altcoin down could have Bitcoin also come down it all depends on the existing market
Activity: 403
Merit: 100

I realize that this strategy is terrible and the success rate to make a profit is very low. The recovery rate of Bitcoin after the end of the decline cycle is usually meager, but Altcoin is rapidly rising at very high rates.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 516
I won't do that, alt coin could be very profitable if you can invest in the correct coin, and it's a good idea to diversify your investment, so you don't lose all your money at once when bitcoin drop, but don't put too many percentage of your investment into alt, because alt got bigger risk than btc
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO
It depends, if bitcoin seems to have a much lower price and I think I can buy many bitcoins with my altcoin, why not? You see, bitcoin has more potential than alts since it's the original cryptocurrency recognized in the world, and the price of altcoins also depends on bitcoin so buying the original one is much better than keeping the newly made ones.
I don't think it is right that to sell your altcoins and buy bitcoin because altcoin and bitcoin are the same price movement when bitcoin down also altcoins down. But if altcoins are not having a potential to hold why not to sell at them, I am holding altcoins but it seems the price was down also like bitcoin i must prefer to hold than to sell. I personally suggested that if you want to invest bitcoin as of now just buy in USD for sure the profit was there.
it depends on bitcoin and altcoin performance.some altcoin have goo performance with good developing progress.so prefer hold it than bitcoin in worst performance.personally i split my balance in same amount between bitcoin and altcoin.
legendary
Activity: 2366
Merit: 1206
It depends, if bitcoin seems to have a much lower price and I think I can buy many bitcoins with my altcoin, why not? You see, bitcoin has more potential than alts since it's the original cryptocurrency recognized in the world, and the price of altcoins also depends on bitcoin so buying the original one is much better than keeping the newly made ones.
I don't think it is right that to sell your altcoins and buy bitcoin because altcoin and bitcoin are the same price movement when bitcoin down also altcoins down. But if altcoins are not having a potential to hold why not to sell at them, I am holding altcoins but it seems the price was down also like bitcoin i must prefer to hold than to sell. I personally suggested that if you want to invest bitcoin as of now just buy in USD for sure the profit was there.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 309
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
I do not fully agree but I believe that the investment in your hand should be 70 percent bitcoin as 30 percent altcoin. If you make your whole investment as altcoin or bitcoin, you will miss many opportunities.
Activity: 2436
Merit: 272
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
I never want to invest on any of altcoins by selling my bitcoins because I knows that bitcoin has more potential than any other coins so it will give more benefits in future if we hold until,if you invest on altcoins you can invest the amount from profits of your bitcoin.
Activity: 84
Merit: 0

Pages:
Jump to: