Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you believe in stablecoins?? - page 2. (Read 3241 times)

Activity: 1708
Merit: 651
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
November 28, 2018, 06:22:03 AM
Why believe in them? They either give the market the necessary functionality or not. Stablecoins give the market what it lacked, stable assets. Thanks to them, you can wait out the recession without worrying about your assets.
Activity: 154
Merit: 10
November 28, 2018, 06:10:51 AM
I use them, but I would not say that I really trust. They are essentially crypto coins and price depends on many factors.
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
November 28, 2018, 05:55:13 AM
There is no stable currency in my world, and many crypto claim that they rely on fiat money to price, but the truth is that when people sell it, its price may collapse!
Activity: 252
Merit: 1
November 28, 2018, 05:53:26 AM
Dear community, our abstract Evolution of money - Stablecoins is up for voting on FINTECH BOOK website!

Please support our idea and #stablecoins and help us get published in the next @PayTECHBook !
Login to their website and vote for us! Thank you! http://app.thefintechbook.com/thepaytechbook

This is a huge opportunity, not only for CP Processor, but for stablecoins in general. We have a chance to promote this idea in one of the most influential books in the financial ecosystem. Help us raise awareness on stablecoins - the future of  blockchain payments!
Activity: 644
Merit: 113
November 23, 2018, 09:29:32 AM
I actually prefer stable coins than newly introduced ones. Stable coins has actually potential for growth since it already has its good market and people whose taking interest on that coin. Stable coins can now also be stored all in one application making it more easier to keep and invest in. Just be sure that after you bought coin from exchanges transfer it in a open source wallet. Never store coin in an exchange, you never know what will happen with it. You can consider to choose the only opensource multi wallet called HODLER, this makes your investment more secure and safe.
Activity: 311
November 19, 2018, 01:56:18 PM
I think stable coins represent a great alternative to the fiat currencies. If the market is going down, stable coins are a good method to keep your money safe till the downtrend is going to end. But I cannot see any perspective of growth for these coins.
Activity: 2296
Merit: 953
Temporary forum vacation
November 19, 2018, 01:53:53 PM
Whether you believe in it or not, stablecoins are here already,,, Tether is king of them all in so many exchanges, and you speculators should be thankful for it. No Tether/USDT, no selling Bitcoin easily and buying it back later when it dips, right? I guess at the end of the day, someone needed to make something easy for people to use to short crypto, and USDT is the answer. Others are coming into the picture and will find their use. Will other things come up some day? Of course.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
November 19, 2018, 01:45:31 PM
Stable coins are very good for the space, but what is very disturbing is that they are pegged to $1 but you see them trading more than this value. This is not a good sign, a stable coin must be stable. A lot of new entrance into the space are quilty of this because presently most of them are trading about $1
copper member
Activity: 40
Merit: 2
November 19, 2018, 01:30:23 PM
I truly believe in stablecoins, but it only depends on which ones. I don't trust Tether because of their shady practice and Tether is being controlled by ONE company. Do you really trust this company randomly prints out $300 million tethers because they had extra $300 million cash in their hands? Bleh. https://twitter.com/tetherprinter/status/976190406823063552

If you want to cash out your cryptos into stablecoins, I recommend TrueUSD, USD Coin and Gemini USD. They are regulated with US government and they require consumers, not only corporation or bank, to redeem their actual USD into those stablecoins and they hold those USD in various banks. Not a bank in Bahamas or somewhere in Caribbean.
Activity: 812
Merit: 500
November 19, 2018, 01:29:45 PM
I do not believe in stable coins, especially in Tether, because nobody know are these coins have a real dollars equalent. So it is not a good idea to use stablecoins.

So you can explain to me why, if you do not believe in Tether but there are many other stablecoins to appear. Are they more reliable than Tether?
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
November 19, 2018, 01:25:52 PM
I do not believe in stable coins, especially in Tether, because nobody know are these coins have a real dollars equalent. So it is not a good idea to use stablecoins.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
November 19, 2018, 01:18:15 PM
Obviously, i do believe in stable coins only. Because if you invest in stable coins you will get stable and profitable returns in long term. Stable coins are not for short term trading which i personally feel. Btc and eth are most stable coins in cryptos. Though prices of both coins are going down. This is happening because of bear market. Things will be fine once bullrun will start.
Activity: 294
Merit: 6
November 19, 2018, 01:11:48 PM
I'm really curious to see if everyone believes in stablecoins. To name some, there is Tether, Havven, Basis, and Makerdao. Which one is your favorite? Mine is personally Havven.

Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one rooting for stablecoins. I think they're truly the way to mass adoption.

Not at all, there is no way that a cryptocurrency is going to be stable unless the price of the coin is zero and there is no one buying and selling the coins. When the hype of the stable coins like tether started I just knew that there was no way that we were making any kind of money with it and then the price of the coins fell which means that it was no longer stable
Activity: 504
Merit: 105
November 13, 2018, 07:49:01 AM
Yes, i think that stable coins now is the most trended kind of coins and tokens and people interested in them, it means - they are ready to invest. I am waiting for results from ICO Neluns (stable coin) which raised sume more than their hard cap.
Stablecoin is only suitable for large exchanges as it will bring high liquidity when investing. Most of the new exchanges are tending to use this more, but that would have a huge impact on other stablecoins. Personally, I just choose stablecoin to be in good liquidity as it will help me make more profit
Activity: 714
Merit: 11
November 13, 2018, 07:46:12 AM
Yes, i think that stable coins now is the most trended kind of coins and tokens and people interested in them, it means - they are ready to invest. I am waiting for results from ICO Neluns (stable coin) which raised sume more than their hard cap.
Activity: 182
November 13, 2018, 07:30:37 AM
I'm really curious to see if everyone believes in stablecoins. To name some, there is Tether, Havven, Basis, and Makerdao. Which one is your favorite? Mine is personally Havven.

Sometimes it feels like I'm the only one rooting for stablecoins. I think they're truly the way to mass adoption.

Right now there are no completely stable cryptocurrencies on the cryptocurrency market, you have to put up with this circumstance. It is possible that the emergence of stable coins in the future can be quite useful for the digital society. But the situation is unlikely to change drastically in the future - prices will periodically become more expensive or cheaper.
Activity: 287
Merit: 102
November 13, 2018, 03:46:06 AM

I think all this stable coins is just another machine for printing free crypto and tool for price manipulations on market, like Tether. That's all.

It's not thoughts it's a fact. We were witnesses of such manipulation just 1 month ago. It's pure speculative active just another derivative financial instrument for making trading volumes
Activity: 826
Merit: 250
November 13, 2018, 01:11:23 AM

I think all this stable coins is just another machine for printing free crypto and tool for price manipulations on market, like Tether. That's all.
Activity: 1960
Merit: 273
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 13, 2018, 12:34:32 AM

I can't fully trust it, I still have to analyze it first to be able to confirm it.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 13, 2018, 12:28:05 AM
I think coins are not able to stable in crypto because the price is always volatile in market it may increase or decrease so stable coins are very rare.
Pages:
Jump to: