Pages:
Author

Topic: do you day trade or prefer a long term hold? - page 10. (Read 4234 times)

Activity: 192
Merit: 10
So I'm slowly going into crypto and I want to know if any of you trade altcoins daily, or you prefer to hold it for long term? What do you think it's better and why?

Thanks
It's a good experience doing both, trading is quite risky and time consuming, but profit is good if you know what you're doing but also you can lose some too. Holding is the best option if your have the patience to wait for the right time on when to sell it.
Activity: 322
The rise in prices in the cryptocurrency market occurs suddenly and very quickly. If you sell coins and do not have time to buy again, you can lose 10-15% in one day. Therefore, I choose long-term hold and in the coming years I'm not going to sell my coins.
Activity: 79
Merit: 0
If I hold altcoins, then only for half a year.  I see no reason to keep them longer.
Activity: 391
Merit: 100
Actually, it depends on the anount you want to trade or deposit. If you need the money right away, then do short term. But preferably, long term is better. You’ll get to have higher profit and less hassle. Usually people who does long term are people who do long term investment, believing that the longer you wait, the bigger awaits.
Activity: 172
Merit: 2
So,
1. Decide what amount of money you want to deposit.
2. Separate for long term and daily trading 70/30 (how do you want depends on you)
3. Manage sometimes your long term holding like selling high and buying lower.
4. profit
Activity: 15
Both. The coin I like and see the potential I'll hold the rest of the rest I'll trade on everyday!
Activity: 161
I prefer long term hold less hassle, for me more profitable investment and hold than day trading. You can sit and relax and check the price whenever you want unlike short term more stressful
Activity: 20
I keep the coins. To trade, I need a lot of knowledge and time
Activity: 204
Personally, I adhere to two strategies: I trade support and resistance on the chart for 2-4 hours. And I invest in new altcoins when they are on the bottom for 2-5 months with orders placed x3-5 profit.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
I prefer long term hodl because it is stress free and given the right coin to hold you can maximize  the profits. But my advice is if you hodl make sure you add position or buy some more when you coin dips. It is very important that you can maximize the price action of a coin. 😊

Same here because I also do long term holding ever since I lost on trading. I also agree when you say stress free because long term investing won't need or necessarily requires you to check the market too oftenly when compared to short term holding and trading. however I think day trading or trading itself is still the best and most profitable way to earn an income because you are free to trade every single day with different types of cryptos not unlike to investing that you only need to do is passively holding the coin.
Activity: 266
Merit: 113
Depends the market condition, sometimes i makebday trading if the market still have a great possibility to going down, or just split assets for long-term and day trading is good.
Activity: 526
markaccy.io
So I'm slowly going into crypto and I want to know if any of you trade altcoins daily, or you prefer to hold it for long term? What do you think it's better and why?

Thanks
I only have experience in the long run, and I've been doing it since last year. And now I try daily trading, by trying some new altcoin to get started.
After that I will compare the results of both, which are more effective in generating profit.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
It all depends on the coins and the situation of the markets. If it suits to long term hold then hold it for sure, but when the coins are good for day trade then go for it.
Activity: 574
Merit: 255
My strategy varies depending on the coin. For BTC, I look at at least 20% before selling it off. As you can see today's price is almost 30% higher compared to the price a week ago. So, I ended up selling most of my BTC.
In case of Alts, I follow the price on hourly basis and ensure that I sell it on at least 10-20% profits. Most of my alts have given me good returns and I invest a lot in them.
There is only one coin that I am keeping long term and that is Litecoin. Until the recent news, it was hardly taking a major hit. I am hoping for its price to go beyond 200$ before selling it again.
Activity: 126
Merit: 4
I prefer long term hodl because it is stress free and given the right coin to hold you can maximize  the profits. But my advice is if you hodl make sure you add position or buy some more when you coin dips. It is very important that you can maximize the price action of a coin. 😊
Activity: 350
prefer to keep for the long-term, not so much time it takes but also brings in at the same time a good profit
Activity: 187
Merit: 2
Trading bitcoin? it depends on the situation, if in a day the value of increase and get the profit from the purchase price then I could just day trading. But if today there has been no significant change / price increase then I will hold for a while with a period of time that I can not specify
Activity: 434
Long term holding is the one thing that people are mostly getting money from. According to experience of many people, short term trading does not lead to have good profit.
Activity: 280

Thanks
As the trader depends on the analysis I made from the information I got and depending on the crypto itself, there are some crypto that may not be suitable to hold for long-term. I prefer in both and for daily trade I avoid the risk by selling when there is a small increase.

In my mind better to long-term hold, if your altcoins have big potential to grow up in some time later, so let it grow up.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102
APOLLOX Protocol
I'm a hardcore-holding person; don't like to trade if there's no absolute need in that.
Pages:
Jump to: