Pages:
Author

Topic: do you day trade or prefer a long term hold? - page 33. (Read 4267 times)

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I think holding long term is safer and more certain, although profits will accrue slower. Trading is more seductive but you are most likely to do more damage than good to your bottom line.

The best way is to look for good airdrops and hold them. You risk nothing because you got the coins free, and you don't have to analyse markets or guess or anything.

I'm currently following the marinecoin airdrop. Everybody that qualifies (up to the first 20,000) gets 450000 MTC ... each!. No need to invest your cash or worry about trading. Just qualify, apply, and hodl. It doesn't get any simpler than that.

There are many reasons why marinecoin is attractive, but I won't go into that here, as it would be out of topic. If you are interested, go to marineco.in for details on how you can qualify for the airdrop and contribute to the community and help it grow
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
Generally try more to them long-term,although some tokens to sell,along with tea here is the best strategy to share risks,part of them,castlw I,and those coins that are not particularly promising to merge them,ie to cover them promising altcoins
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
Glad to see you
So I'm slowly going into crypto and I want to know if any of you trade altcoins daily, or you prefer to hold it for long term? What do you think it's better and why?

Thanks

Mostly i am holding. If you hold is possible to make 10-20x and more. But my strategy depends on market. If market is bullish i try hold coins and make good profit. If market in consolidation phase or flat - i am trading. No daytrading , mostly swing-trading.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
In my experience, I can say that short-term work will not lead to a good result. This is too risky strategy. Yes, you can quickly make money, but the next operation can become unprofitable. It is impossible to predict the prices on the exchange for a short time.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
I usually go for long term holds but sometimes do exceptions if I believe the situation is right.
Day trading can be tricky if you don't have a lot of funds partly because of the trading fees.
Activity: 364
exchanging coins every day will not be profitable because the state of coins are now less good, we must lose. it's better if we have a lot of coins holding it longer will be better and we can keep increasing our coins
Activity: 168
I do prefer holding the coin as long as I see that there is a progress so you also need to be careful and knowledgeable. If you think that there is no longer a need for you to keep it then make a trade.
Activity: 103
I choose for the long term, some I will exchange if the price is high, depending on the price of the coins I have, for preparation, as necessary.
because the price is unstable and I also do not know what will happen in the future
Activity: 196
To a truthful answer it is depends on what coin do you have? This is the main question before deciding to hold or to trade. There are too many coins in the market imagine that you have 200 kinds of coins just an assumption in your wallet and you will hold it all. I think it is not advisable because in reality there are coins that can be burn if not successful or to end everything. What if you have that coin in your wallet, it is clear you lost one kind. So it depends on what coin do you own.
Activity: 546
Merit: 105
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
It really depends on the coins you have. Some coins are really worth holding for a long time and can have negligible effects in traded immediately, so with these coins I'd rather hold. But there are also a lot of coins that tends to be short lived, just pumping for a week, and very risky for long time investment. I've tried buying some and hours later sold and earned a good profit.   The only problem now is which coin you should trade frequently or hold.
Activity: 168
Merit: 5
I prefer long-term holding, because i've heard that day-trading is very risky, especially for thosr who don't have big experience with this.
My plan is to hold a coin untill it's value multiplies at least 5 times, and then sell half of it to take my investment back + some profit
Activity: 205
I once tried to engage in trading, but had no positive results and I lost quite a lot of money. So I prefer a simple and reliable way to invest.

That's a very sad news knowing that you've lost a lot because of trading. Trading is actually a case to case basis where not everyone has a good positive outcome after. So, prefer to have it on hold than trading.
Activity: 598

This will be determined by your investment plans and goals. if you are in for a short term stay then trading will work perfect for you. if your investment plan is long term the hold those cryptos as long as possible, you'll stand to gain more.
I prefer hold for a long term.Long term investment is pretty much good for a day trader you can earn a significant profit and a chance to grow 5x or your money but a little bit risky.Hold coins with a huge potential and have a good development in the market.
Activity: 191
Merit: 3

This will be determined by your investment plans and goals. if you are in for a short term stay then trading will work perfect for you. if your investment plan is long term the hold those cryptos as long as possible, you'll stand to gain more.
Activity: 742
Merit: 250
This depends on the goal in each phase, I will choose the day trade or a long term hold consistent with the goals set. Day trade will help me make a profit in a short time, this is a strategy that I often use, however, its profit is not big. Sometimes I also combine both, besides day trade, I also choose some potential altcoin and keep them long because its value will increase.
Activity: 81
Hold!
I prefer to hold my coins long term and wait for opportunities to trade.
There are certain opportunities that cannot be missed.
So what I do is holding then trade
Activity: 490
Bitfresh - iGaming with 90s UI
Here, many have already said that trading is a very dangerous occupation, so I have nothing to do but confirm it. If we are talking about the long term, then we need to be very patient, because it takes a lot of time for the tokens to rise in price
Activity: 144
I once tried to engage in trading, but had no positive results and I lost quite a lot of money. So I prefer a simple and reliable way to invest.
I choose to do the one as well as the other. It depends on the situation. If I see some good coin which value is getting high, then I would consider trading because it will mean an instant gain. However, I'll sometimes also choose to hold for a long term for the reason that I am familiar or accustomed to the fact that cryptos are volatile so that means that their values could go extremely high at some times.
Activity: 97
There are lots of advantages of longterm trading compare to a day trading.Coins are more of being identifiable of which will grow int htew next dsays or in the few days. Long term investments are less in its vurnerability and its risk compared to day trading which is more of like risky in its nature but in the other hand has great promises high returns. I have a money that is worth loosing you can go on a day trade but if not go for long terms.

Activity: 85
Merit: 1
Both. I have a few I hold because I believe in them. I trade with some. Until LTC has this major rally is made more from trading. LTC taking off like this means I’ve made more from holding. I’ve got burn marks from trading. But I also enjoy it even if I lost all the money  Grin

It's a good idea to trade in but it's better to hold. In trading you'll be challenged how far you'll go whether to prosper or lose some bounty but it will depend in your decision making. Whereas, in holding, the cost of btc as we all know changes from time to time if you keep on holding them and its value gets higher it's a great advantage for you. So i do agree that both trading and holding is good idea.
Pages:
Jump to: