Pages:
Author

Topic: do you day trade or prefer a long term hold? - page 53. (Read 4267 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 0
I do both. For certain coins such as bitcoin and ethereum I prefer to hold it in the long term. and for certain coins I also trade them depending on the market price. because I'm sure all members here first sought is a profit so anything that makes a profit yes I do.
legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1128
In my opinion day trade is better because we always analysis the market, so when any bad news and the market drop we can cut loss as soon as possible to reduce any more risk. But offcource day trade will be more consuming time and need more skilled.
If you hold only one asset then you can go for monitoring it all the time so that you can manage losses effectively. But in current scenario there are thousands of good potential crypto currencies are available, so we cannot monitor all of them all the times.

So holding them for some longer period will be the right option in front of any crypto investor so that they can be assured about making some good profits by end of the day.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Personally, I adhere to two strategies: I trade support and resistance on the chart for 2-4 hours. Transactions usually last 2-7 days. And I invest in new altcoins when they are on the bottom for 2-5 months with orders placed x5-10 profit.
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
So I'm slowly going into crypto and I want to know if any of you trade altcoins daily, or you prefer to hold it for long term? What do you think it's better and why?

Thanks

I do prefer long term trading since it is less hassle and time consuming, you wouldn't need to manage your investments from time to time and look for the slightest opportunity to sell and earn each day. Long term goal may seem slow but I guess it is much more easier and safe compared to day trading.
Activity: 84
I prefer a long-term holding rather than trading it because looking back at the value of bitcoin for the past year it almost triple's its value. Buy and hope strategy works very well for the past year, considering the total number of people who owns a bitcoin, there is a large number who bought for the first time above $500 and because of that, price of bitcoin goes up. Human nature, people tend to buy into something when its hype or very popular. The good side I see on this bitcoin is after the recovery on its bubble price, after every bubble it will always made a new higher value of it. Hold and wait until you have a great return or profit.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
I've never been a trader for a day, because it's very difficult for me to succeed. That's why I really admire people who make money. This requires very sharp instincts, experience and vision. Since I do not have this qualification, I stick to my coins for a long time. Hodl.

Knowledge is number 1 before those three things that you mention above.
I know experience is also very important but without knowledge, experience can not get their rival become togheter build our success
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
In my opinion day trade is better because we always analysis the market, so when any bad news and the market drop we can cut loss as soon as possible to reduce any more risk. But offcource day trade will be more consuming time and need more skilled.
Activity: 154
Merit: 2
I personally hold. I have such a strategy.
Activity: 585
Merit: 251
It is better hold for long term. Day trading requires a lot of knowledge and time. It's more a job for professionals. For me, the long term is more practical.
Activity: 504
Merit: 107
If you have your wallet full of cash, a day trader will do the work in my opinion. Because you won't be stressed out too much if you lose a bit of the initial invest (the mindset if you still have a backup money).
But for the safety reason, a long-term hold will do the work. We don't get stressed out too much, and we can do other things rather than stand by in front of PC for a long time.
Activity: 10
I have been day trading since I got started in Crypto and honestly I’m not sure it’s worth it. It’s very stressful and although I’ve made Good money day trading, I’ve also lost a lot. Always checking your phone or pc is not good for your health. I started with $10000 and so far have lost $2200 overall day trading. I make $900 then lose $1000, the lll make $600 and lose $500 and so on. I’m going to keep on day trading until I recover my initial $10,000 and then I’ll add more money and switch to either holding or buying when the market crashes and selling once it recovers.

EVen professionals traders that I know get stressed out big time day trading. I think if you plan on holding, the best strategy is to buy after the market crashes and then you can get the most value for the money. Although the market seems to be recovering now, crashes happen frequently. Heck, if I fart now, it’ll probably cause a crash!.
Activity: 171
Merit: 37
That depends. If you need money for daily living then day trading is good for you. But if you have plenty of money then go for long term hold.
For me, doing long term hold wolud be a great choice especially for the beginners; thus,  do long term hold if you don't have a lot of money to do day trading.
Activity: 336
Merit: 260
It all depends on what the trader's aims. It is better to use the strategy of separation. You need to quickly sell part of the investment when the prices will rise but at the same time you should have long-term investments in your portfolio.
In my opinion it's better to have long term and short term investment in trading, because if you have long and short term investment you can sure that you will earn or gain profit. Other than that you can assure that when price of coin you choose is raising up and over to your short term investment, maybe the long term amount you choose will be reach too.
Activity: 244
Merit: 100
So I'm slowly going into crypto and I want to know if any of you trade altcoins daily, or you prefer to hold it for long term? What do you think it's better and why?

Thanks
Hi , if you have knowledge in trading you need trade because you can make about 20-30% of your deposit in a day. But if not you must be holder to make about 100 - 300% in a year and i think it is great Wink
Activity: 168
In this market, anyone can make money if he trades in a long time. Intraday trade only professionals. But the main thing is not to panic.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
You just gotta pick coins that in your opinion will have great future and will go to the moon one day because of their practical use and hold it for the long term. And you can daily trade other coins especially if they have big hype and make profits from it.
Activity: 574
Merit: 501
It all depends on what the trader's aims. It is better to use the strategy of separation. You need to quickly sell part of the investment when the prices will rise but at the same time you should have long-term investments in your portfolio.
Activity: 448
Merit: 102

Thanks

I like holding for long term due to most altcoins I have still will need a year or 2 before their real value will be shown. Their has been a couple of times when I have traded early as the coins have grown to a point were I thought it was at its peak and a good time to take profits.
Day trading is very time consuming but can be very rewarding if you know how to do it properly. I would do a lot of research if you are going to day trade.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
I prefer long term holding because I don't know anything about trading so it's only one way for me to earn money on crypto.
Activity: 401
Merit: 250
Presale is live!
Day trading is very hard thing to do, I may even call it as hard as full time jobs. So no.
I prefer to hodl for very long time until coin reaches satisfying value. If it never happens I exit at personal choice.
Pages:
Jump to: