Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you even read whitepaper bro? - page 80. (Read 9184 times)

Activity: 228
Merit: 100
April 18, 2018, 11:39:20 AM
Yes always when I interested with their project. I think this is the important thing that you must do before you made an decision to invest your money to them.
Activity: 139
Merit: 0
April 18, 2018, 11:38:09 AM
It really depends on the project. If the ANN is bad and unprofessional I just scroll through it and usually I find things that confirm my doubts
Activity: 168
Merit: 10
April 18, 2018, 11:33:32 AM
I try to read white paper but due to time consuming could not read completely. Moreover it is not easy to find fact about project.
Activity: 212
Merit: 10
April 18, 2018, 11:27:41 AM
I do not read Whitepapper when investing in ICO. I rely on ICODROPS / ICObench, there usually everyone studies for me experts and spread their opinion.
Activity: 320
April 18, 2018, 10:57:33 AM
Let be real. How many of you guys actually read the whitepaper? I read whitepaper sometimes, but reading multiple of them can be a burden and a headache. Do you guys got any tips on getting through whitepaper a little faster. It killing a lot of time. Thank.
If you choose a project for investment, you will definitely need to study the white paper without hate, if you do not pay due attention to the study, you risk losing money.
Activity: 182
Merit: 11
April 18, 2018, 10:56:46 AM
I always take a look (at least) of read it through if I'm about to invest. If I don't see anything except for empty promises I stay away from the project.
Activity: 62
April 18, 2018, 10:52:04 AM
Yeah I read it if I am interested in that project
Activity: 1918
Merit: 564
April 18, 2018, 10:50:03 AM
I do read whitepapers (no pulling your legs). It somehow embodies the whole idea of any token especially the nature of the economy it wishes to tap.

Though i must admit, most of them are generic in nature (defining disclaimers, allocation of budget/tokens, revenue designs, etc).

It would be lovely to see a more detailed and descriptive definition of the offering within the whitepaper to empower simple folks like us to make wise decisions before dwelling in their crowdfunding and the likes.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
April 18, 2018, 10:39:56 AM
Sure I read it. But I find only the important part not the whole pages. It can give us a bright overview before we invest in a project.
Activity: 183
April 18, 2018, 10:34:34 AM
of course I also have to read whitepaper because there I can also know a bit more from the project.
Activity: 84
April 18, 2018, 10:31:18 AM
Perusing whitepaper is fundamental to make any great venture. It gives a prespective about the objectives, the thought behind the task and guide thought of the venture. Just when I discover the task worth from the whitepaper, I make my venture. It is an essential angle which ought not be skipped.
Activity: 224
Merit: 104
DIW - Decentralized Security
April 18, 2018, 07:24:52 AM
Yes I read the whitepapers of projects before deciding if I will invest in them. I will be giving my money and time so I want to know what their plans are for the future and not to end up in a scam
Activity: 322
Merit: 102
April 18, 2018, 07:23:26 AM
I only read a whitepaper if I like the project. Ideas, goals, roadmap, etc. Otherwise, it's just a waste of time, because weak projects often make copypaste
Activity: 1036
Merit: 273
April 18, 2018, 07:20:05 AM
Here for me my own opinion that when reading there is no shortcuts to get good answers. When knowing a story there is no shortcut but there is a summary but for reals here if you are planning to stop reading you cant understand the whole ICO. The only summary you will get is the video of the ICO but for me there is still missing. Questions are still in you mind for you just to underrated ICO.
Here is the deal here if you do not want to read it is called gambling here for me 50% chances of winning and losing because if the short cut you are doing.
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
April 16, 2018, 05:46:14 PM
Let be real. How many of you guys actually read the whitepaper? I read whitepaper sometimes, but reading multiple of them can be a burden and a headache. Do you guys got any tips on getting through whitepaper a little faster. It killing a lot of time. Thank.

I am reading the whitepaper only for ico that I am really interested. For bounty especially for the simple one, I do not read of course
Activity: 140
April 16, 2018, 05:29:07 PM
Whitepaper can be lengthy most times and time consuming when it comes to reading but it is advisable to at least skim through the salient points, for instance if a project catches your attention and you feel like investing in such project, there is need for to what the project is all about, the strategies that have been put in place to execute the project, the capital infused in the project, the expected capital returns of investors with a range of time frame, and the team that are behind the setup of the project. By knowing these few points, you can finally decide if such project deserves your hard earned money in it. I hope this points help you in your search.
Activity: 490
Merit: 100
April 16, 2018, 05:10:47 PM
If we are honest, I sometimes do not read the white paper, I read only what interests me, because I prefer reading it with white paper, so I read it, although I heard that many people do not read it. But I advise everyone to read, although this is long.
Activity: 522
Merit: 101
April 16, 2018, 05:09:17 PM
I do several translations so in some ways, I am forced to read their ANN, Whitepaper, and other things like Roadmap. And honestly, some Whitepapers are really lacking any substance. Actually, some ICOs like their Whitepaper to be short intentionally so that the readers can actually read them. However, the problem is that they don’t have a detailed paper where people can read more about the project. In fact, most of them don’t even have roadmaps. They just want to raise money which is a big problem.
On the one hand, this is bad, on the other hand an attentive investor can see these shortcomings in the project and save their money. Much worse when the project has excellent documentation and a road map, but the goals are the same - to raise money and run away.
Activity: 112
April 16, 2018, 05:03:04 PM
I think there is no easy way for you to get to more about whitepaper because you need to throughly understand everything that is written their, remember it is your money you are investing so you need to learn more about them.
Activity: 315
Merit: 12
April 16, 2018, 04:56:34 PM

lol, nice question)

but it depends on the your trade strategy
if you are hodler you must read all of whitepaper if you are just a hourtrader- do you need that?))  i dont think so Wink
Pages:
Jump to: