Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you follow trading advice from crypto influencers? - page 13. (Read 1248 times)

Activity: 588
Merit: 257
I think that the cryptocurrency market us unique, because many investors don't understand blockchain technology.  So they rely upon experts on YouTube, Twitter, and Telegram for information, analysis, and advice.  As a result, we have the phenomenon of crypto influencers.  Some are reputable, like Carter Thomas of Coin Mastery, but others are not.  What's your opinion on Crypto influencers?  Are they good for this market and the cryptocurrency movement?  Do you take advice from them?  And who's good to follow?
Ive been following some of those in the recent months but nothing comes true, I guess its not my luck on the passed month, but i really believe that someday it will recover's. As of now, I don't believe to anybody. I'm focusing more on bounty campaigns to relieve my losses.

What! Do you really think that bounties will recover your losses anytime? They will get you in trouble with the time. Believe me I am trying them a lot but most of them give me crap all the time.

Also whatever you discussing here is little off the track from what OP wants to ask. The question is simple that whetehr we take help from any source or is there any source which is influencing us. But I couldn't resist myself on responding your bounty thing thats why I forced myself to mention my first line  Tongue

You said you follow some of them and then you came on your luck and then you started talking about the bounties, thats weird.

@OP, I am on my own and trying to make my path with whatever I learn from my mistake. That makes me my own influencer I guess.  Cheesy
Activity: 225
Merit: 10
quarkchain.io
I try to be very careful with any influencer or signals site claiming to do so

most of the time I got burn, so for me is better to do my research and not blindly follow

I prefer traders that are not too main stream and so on but have very good technicals
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
Yes and no. I definitely know about them and analyze and hear closely what they are saying, but definitely do not follow all of the advice that they give. One thing I can tell is that Tai Lopez is just a sales man, and just a crypto enthusiast. He is just interested and tries to sell it because its popping at the moment. I recommend not to follow everything that hes saying about crypto, but its a good thing to follow him, he knows some stuff.
Activity: 266
Merit: 17
For me i love learning new things and there's nothing wrong about admiring those people but the truth about in trading you can only trust your self because we are the one who will decide what were going to do so better to follow our own instinct and by doing that we can eliminate our bad decision making because we can learn it through experience.
Activity: 266
I'm just tuning in to others feeling to comprehend what is buildup and what isn't, buildups make greater instability and again every unpredictability is dealers potential pick up. I as a rule put buildups coins on the watchlist and makes my own particular T.A. on the off chance that you got impacted by a few merchants guidance your simply taking an interest in a pump and dumps without seeing it.
Activity: 2590
Merit: 322
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
Usually I used to read, watched and analyzed all sorts of information from crypto influencers but I realized most of the times that there are conflicting views  from these sources which in most cases brought confusions to my trading strategy hence lately I relied solely on my trading strategy coupled with fundamentals and technical analysis to plan my trade without any interference from any influencers.
Activity: 616
Merit: 262
Some crypto influencers are paid and you should always be cautious when following advice from them. Take for example John McAfee. He is reputable because he owns a company and a proud supporter of cryptocurrency but he always tweet about a coin and some people follow his advice and turns out to be pump and dump. There are rumors that he is paid but recently, he revealed that he is indeed paid and its not cheap! Check this article https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/3kjpyn/john-mcafee-100k-twitter-promote-cryptocurrency-paid

If you decide to follow a crypto influencer, it would be better if there is a supporting analysis to what he is claiming so that you can do your own research as well may it be a big news or a technical analysis.
legendary
Activity: 3808
Merit: 1723
Up to 300% + 200 FS deposit bonuses
I take advice from some of them, you're right cryptocurrency is unique compare to other investment it requires a lot of time to understand cryptocurrency and the blockchain technology, I admired those guys although i come up with my own analysis most of the time but they have a great impact in my decision making.

The issue is that during the crazy boom of the Q4 2017, you could of bought into any coin or any ICO and made money.

Hence there was many "Crypto trading gurus" who appeared on YouTube and became very popular because from time to time they made good calls.

But now most people are underwater and after the huge Bitconnect scandal many got burnt and the subscriber count and views went down and many no longer are making these videos.
Activity: 88
Merit: 11
I take advice from some of them, you're right cryptocurrency is unique compare to other investment it requires a lot of time to understand cryptocurrency and the blockchain technology, I admired those guys although i come up with my own analysis most of the time but they have a great impact in my decision making.
Activity: 392
Nope,  i didnt follow no more analysis from anyone specially from the same exchanger im traded in..  in troll box i mean.. Sometimes they are the ones cause you losing more on trading than profit,  just a lesson learned.. So i just do my own strategy from now on..  And it works fine for me believing on my own skills.
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
I have always followed my own analyse and was quite successful by doing it and as soon as my partner offered me to take trading advice and I listened others I failed and decided to not take advice anymore.
Activity: 2730
Merit: 632
I think that the cryptocurrency market us unique, because many investors don't understand blockchain technology.  So they rely upon experts on YouTube, Twitter, and Telegram for information, analysis, and advice.  As a result, we have the phenomenon of crypto influencers.  Some are reputable, like Carter Thomas of Coin Mastery, but others are not.  What's your opinion on Crypto influencers?  Are they good for this market and the cryptocurrency movement?  Do you take advice from them?  And who's good to follow?
Ive been following some of those in the recent months but nothing comes true, I guess its not my luck on the passed month, but i really believe that someday it will recover's. As of now, I don't believe to anybody. I'm focusing more on bounty campaigns to relieve my losses.
This means those predictions or words came from to those influencers are not accurate most of the time.They are just like the same on typical trader which do still speculate into possible price movements of a coin but doesnt mean they do have the power to say such price prediction which would result into profits anytime.They might give some exposure but not all the times that coin would react into such activity.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 505
The basic thing you need to understand is never to follow anyone blindly when it comes to investment, you need to take everyone's advice but you need to study the coin as well as the market to become successful and you need to understand what is going around the globe in regards to digital currency.
Activity: 350
Activity: 798
Merit: 255
Ofcourse yes, we are all start there no traders go with his own but he needs somebody's advice. Forum is one of the great advisors but having a mentor is the greatest. We know that without them we can't be like this, we can't achieve what we have now.
Activity: 108
Merit: 0
I won't follow trading advice 100%. I will rely on my own research and studies and most of all on my experience when time for me to trade.
Activity: 54
It's pretty obvious everybody who wants to trade has to keep an eye on the latest news connected to market... doesnt matter from where he will get informations. what matters is being well informed and to stay current just
Activity: 70
Cryptocurrency analysts say different things about altcoins because it's their job. They don't put their money on their predictions. So don't listen to them.
Activity: 602
Merit: 129
Yeah though it take some time to study each and every one of them first you've got to pick the consistency of that person and how good he is when predicting with their guts in trading second don't go learning telegram group known as signal tradings that's definitely a no no for me.
Activity: 253
I always lessen to those advices from crypto influencers, because i loved to hear some suggestion, and i know i can learn something from them. It is not bad to lessen to those advices, the important here is your learnings acquired and how you will going to apply it to make your crypto life more successful.
Pages:
Jump to: