Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 28. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 812
Merit: 257
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
July 02, 2018, 06:28:55 PM
KYC (Know Your Customer) in ICO I think is very good to prevent from various forms of criminal. as we know that KYC aims to prevent various forms of crime, including money laundering.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
July 02, 2018, 06:24:48 PM
Yes, I join such projects. Now practically all good projects of it demand. It is a normal situation when projects demand KYC. Without KYC now you won't go anywhere. If you want to earn from crypto it should be done.
Activity: 199
Merit: 0
July 02, 2018, 06:20:13 PM
I try to avoid ICO, which requires the passage of KYC. because my data can be used by scammers.
Activity: 121
July 02, 2018, 06:17:49 PM
The main reason why some of us join the crypto community was for the anonymous nature of it. We dont even want our next neighbor to recognize us. So doing a KYC for an ICO somehow discourages some of us from joining them. But sometimes the devs have to follow some rules from the country in which they are found.
Activity: 490
Merit: 123
July 02, 2018, 06:14:58 PM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

it depends.
If you are an investor and ICO does not ask for KYC it could suggets that the ICO is unpreofessional and possibly scam because every intelegent mangment knows that they have to do KYC for unvestors otherwise they will get in big trouble with authorities.

But if someone asks for KYC before airdoping, this is very suspucoius, i wont do it,
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
July 02, 2018, 06:13:38 PM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

No I never joined ICOs that required KYC and airdrops?? No I do not participate in airdrops eversince I joined here not even once or even trying it . I already heard so many bad feed backs about airdrops ,how much more if it requires the KYC they might use it for scamming.
Activity: 238
Merit: 1
July 02, 2018, 06:12:15 PM
Yes, I have done it but be very careful. We always do research before investing in ICO and KYC is always a prerequisite every time we join the ICO crowdsale. Now more and more projects require KYC approval, If you believe that ICO is not a scam, then give KYC to get your airdrops.
Activity: 380
Merit: 100
July 02, 2018, 06:07:35 PM
I don't mind doing KYC as long as I know that the project is not a scam. KYC is just something to confirm that the company is dealing with a legitimate person. Many people don't want to disclose there identity that is why they are not joining bounty with KYC requirement. For me, it's ok. I don't mind.
Activity: 350
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
July 02, 2018, 05:53:53 PM
Yeah and i don't even mind whether there is or KyC or AML feature in the sales of ICO. I think all these are put in place to prevent people from cheating in the sales of ICO or better still to make sure that whoever is purchasing the coin is legally accepted. Some ICOs for instance would state that US citizens are not to take part in the sales of ICO and so to adhere to this rule then every investor must pay KyC processes.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
July 02, 2018, 05:47:20 PM
If you participate in the ICO with an interesting and significant product and a proven team and are confident that the coins you received can bring you a real big profit then you have to go through this KYC procedure. In other cases, in questionable projects, this should not be done.

Doesn't matter what is the project and the team and so on. I am not giving my personal information to no one. You can never know what is going to happen and where is going to end up.
Activity: 322
Merit: 103
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
July 02, 2018, 05:46:17 PM
Why not? I join ICOs I trust, 0% scam projects so... I'm confident that my docs in safe.
Lol, you shouldn't join ALL ICOs, check all info.
1) Project should be trusted
2) Project should be useful
3) Project should be profitable
Activity: 434
Merit: 2
July 02, 2018, 05:43:43 PM
For me i really hard to get pass the kyc. I dont know why i always reject on them. They didnt give a reason why they failed my kyc. Thats why now im avoiding ico's that have kyc. Especially on the bounty
Activity: 224
July 02, 2018, 05:40:09 PM
Do you join, ICO that requires KYC? "
According to my own thinking  there’s nothing wrong with a little security feature
added to ICO’s it simply makes things appropriate and accounted for. KYC can
help out filter those type of individuals that tend to corrupt
Activity: 490
Merit: 250
July 02, 2018, 05:38:45 PM
It really depends on the person but for me as long i already knew the project that i am going to invest and it really a legit and potential why not provide only personal identification card and nothing more.  In the other side, i see how KYC very important especially after the ICO has  done successfully.  This is also one way of protecting the project and company itself from scammers.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
July 02, 2018, 05:33:07 PM
If you participate in the ICO with an interesting and significant product and a proven team and are confident that the coins you received can bring you a real big profit then you have to go through this KYC procedure. In other cases, in questionable projects, this should not be done.
Activity: 65
July 02, 2018, 05:24:35 PM
Is there a choice? if you want to participate, you have to pass the KYC.
you can use as a protection label with the name of the project. At least it will be clear from the leaked documents. Now the situation with FANTOM is unclear. I received an e-mail with the ERC20 address, but after the end of sale

Unfortunately we have no choice at all. Projects are making whatever they want - they want promotion, they want community, they ask a shitload of personal documents and can even garuantee their safety. Im sure my documents and my personal data already leaked and not even once or twice. Its happening so often nowadays - and sadly we cant do nothing with this situation.
Activity: 476
Merit: 13
July 02, 2018, 05:24:13 PM
I participated in one of the campaigns and one of the requirements was to pass KYC. I did this procedure required documents,photos, and special hand marks at a certain time. I think the passage of KYC is necessary to combat fraud and this procedure helps to get rid of illegal activities.And in order not to fall into the hands of scammers need to first comply with the basic rules ,never believe those who promise a lot and there is nothing free in this world!
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
July 02, 2018, 05:18:42 PM
I have not participated in this ICO yet. But I think that if the project is pleasant and you want to invest money, you can pass KYC. As for the airdrop, KYC does not justify the result.
Activity: 322
July 02, 2018, 05:13:38 PM
To my regret, hype and popular ICOs require KYC forms and for me it is obligated to pass KYC in order to participate in this ICO.
So this is a requirement, nothing more, and if you want to join, you have to pass KYC
Activity: 196
Merit: 2
Kerja Cerdas
July 02, 2018, 05:12:06 PM
During this time I participated in projects that require KYC has not encountered a problem, I always put confidence in the projects are able to maintain my personal identity and privacy.

Since I have previously reviewed the project, and judged it, when I think the project has good credibility then I will participate in the project.
Pages:
Jump to: