Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 26. (Read 4513 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 1
July 06, 2018, 02:44:37 AM
In mostly new exchanges offers, we need to give KYC in most cases, and I think there should be no issues joined that ICOs, but in ICO projects other exchanges, we must be careful to give KYC before signing them as it involves our important profile information and share with them.
Activity: 98
Merit: 0
July 06, 2018, 02:39:12 AM
I will never join an ICO that require my personal information on top of my money with them. Never! If kyc is ever needed, it should be other way round not the retail investor like me. Most of the beneficiary of many ICO are unknown. Not only are they unknown they are also not accountable to anyone. Hope we can find solution to that or regulations will come.
Activity: 134
July 05, 2018, 11:00:36 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?
At present, there are some bounty tasks and ICO and even airdrops request KYC. I think I can consider providing KYC for ICO, but the rewards and airdrops need to provide KYC. It seems to me to be a scam. They only steal information.
Activity: 316
Merit: 10
English-Filipino Translator
July 05, 2018, 10:57:23 AM
Yes i joined in any Ico's that requires kyc because this is part of the project that the government requires them to do such thing so we can know that this project is legal and have permit to the government,  but of course before i joining in any ico's i make sure to read all the Website,whitepaper, etc about their project this to make sure that the project is legit and our identity will not be in the bad hands.
Activity: 399
Merit: 16
July 05, 2018, 10:49:53 AM
I join ICO's that requires KYC (Know Your Customer). One of the factor that contribute to the success of ICO is KYC. This is a US SEC requirement  in order that the token be listed in an exchange. However, I am joining ICO's with KYC if the team is transparent in sharing their identity and the result of their token sale also. It is nice to know that the project has a base and the team are real workers in the ICO they are promoting. They want to know me then I want to know them too.
Activity: 434
Merit: 100
July 05, 2018, 09:47:25 AM
Most ICOs in which I took part required KYC verification, and I don't see anything wrong with it, I just choose my projects carefully. KYC is just a way for them to protect themselves against violations.
Activity: 412
Merit: 250
July 05, 2018, 06:24:16 AM
you can provide documents that are not important. for example, a driver's license. and you can put a watermark on it. but KYC for the payment of airdrop in$ 2, also does not seem logical. This labor costs and for them, and for participants unnecessary movement
Activity: 44
July 05, 2018, 04:33:45 AM
Yes, I have participated in some ICOs that need KYC, but not every one makes me happy, I was deceived. Therefore, the view on KYC is somewhat paranoid. Many ICOs are deceiving. There are no substantive projects in progress, just to defraud people's information and attention. In my opinion, every ICO appearance should be cautious and reject those deceptive behaviors, so that KYC can really play its role!
Activity: 71
July 05, 2018, 04:30:39 AM
Some of the best projects that are currently underway require the verification of the identity of the depositor. And this is often very good if you look at hundreds of projects that are similar to each other, only where there is a good team, and where they want to know their investors are good investments.
Activity: 101
July 04, 2018, 04:50:11 PM
Such projects cause me discomfort because our data can be leaked to DARKNET, but I participate despite this and send this form
Activity: 123
July 04, 2018, 04:30:48 PM
I try to invest only in decent projects with good teams and solid partners. I don't want to send my passport photo to different suspicious projects.
Activity: 120
July 04, 2018, 12:30:48 PM
I treat KYC with extreme caution, because lately there have been many reports that many projects are selling our documents. However, I pass the KYC in standing projects, but very rarely
Activity: 55
July 04, 2018, 12:18:55 PM
I think all of ICO's that i encounter was requiring to do a KYC ,but be kind of every moves that you take because i read some article and its says that some of company that using kyc to be with.
Activity: 337
July 04, 2018, 09:44:00 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

As long as the project is reliable, for me, in joining bounties, KYC is good to prevent (cheating) using multi-accounts in one bounty task.
But KYC in airdrops, I think it's a big NO for me.
Activity: 349
Merit: 10
July 04, 2018, 09:15:41 AM
I don't have any problem about kYC checking. I totally support it. To prevent from the whales or the American, they have to check KYC. If they have asked KYC, they also have a responsibility to keep it safe, but I haven't seen anyone mention it.
Activity: 430
July 04, 2018, 09:07:59 AM
Yep, I have partcipated in ICOs that requires KYC, I can't say that I like it, but we can't do anything about it, we can't cancel the requirements. We have to play by their rules.
More and more project bounty activities were not notified at the beginning that they needed to pass KYC certification, but at the end of the day they were required to pass certification. It's hard to accept.
Activity: 560
July 04, 2018, 09:02:11 AM
People have no choice, now many projects do just that. Therefore, people simply did not have any other choice. Pass KYC will need to all participants of the crypto-currency market, the most important thing is to whom to report.
Activity: 702
Merit: 251
July 04, 2018, 08:59:06 AM
As far as I know, most of the ICO if you are the investor requires KEC approval, but not for the Bounty Hunters, just when you want to invest during the Token Sale. Need to check every particular one.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
Infleum
July 04, 2018, 05:36:42 AM
Yep, I have partcipated in ICOs that requires KYC, I can't say that I like it, but we can't do anything about it, we can't cancel the requirements. We have to play by their rules.
Activity: 84
July 04, 2018, 05:30:07 AM
I consider participating in ICOs that require KYC is not safe at all. There is not guarantee that your data will not be leaked and wouldn't go to the wrong hands, so i will certainly avoid these ICOs.
Pages:
Jump to: