Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 40. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 93
Merit: 0
June 19, 2018, 07:50:04 AM
In my opinion, the KYC system has a positive and negative view. By using KYC system hence the element of fraud done by participant have slightly decreased, meaning the seriousness of participation have been seen by sending personal data. But the negative is he KYC system by requesting personal data has a great chance to be used as an element of violence.
Activity: 392
Merit: 28
June 19, 2018, 07:44:25 AM
Sometimes about the obligatory passage of the KYC, you learn at the end of the company ,respectively ,forced to pass to get coins.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
June 19, 2018, 07:32:31 AM
I have repeatedly participated in projects that required the passage of the KYC procedure, including participation in ICO and in bounty campaigns. Unfortunately, several projects turned out to be fraud and now I'm worried because my personal data now in the hands of scammers!  Embarrassed
Activity: 286
June 19, 2018, 12:46:59 AM
The KYC process has become almost mandatory in most of the ICOs and so it is no longer an option but a requirement to be met by investors who wish to participate in a token sale.
Activity: 224
Merit: 1
June 19, 2018, 12:44:41 AM
I think that KYC in the ICO is necessary. In addition, often in good quality projects ICO is inherent, so in a sense it is an indicator of quality.
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
June 19, 2018, 12:43:15 AM
It seems we can no longer run away from that. At first, you'll just put in your money and wait for the project to end, but currently the regulations are becoming numerous and tighter and so we just have to abide by that. I think the best thing is for all projects to link to common KYC authenticating source so that we don't spread our personal info anyhow on the internet.
Activity: 67
June 19, 2018, 12:39:39 AM
I don't know but when a project requires KYC it seems legit for me. The reasons why ICO ask for KYC for every investor is because it is requirement for them on their license. BTW, have anyone of you guys tried menlo.one? They plan to automatically enroll your any ICO you are following.
Activity: 534
Merit: 250
The Protocol for the Audience Economy
June 19, 2018, 12:34:29 AM
Yes, and for me this step is one of the signs that this project is serious about its investors and its product.
Activity: 238
June 19, 2018, 12:28:02 AM
Sad that ICOs are caving like this, but what choice do they have with big brother government hanging over their shoulders watching every step. But for me god no, that would be an abysmal thing to do and I simply refuse.
Activity: 1722
Merit: 252
June 19, 2018, 12:02:05 AM
Yes, I participated in such ICOs, although I think that this is not correct. But there's nothing to do if I liked the project.
For those who have a lot of time of course join ICOs that requires KYC is certainly a good and profitable thing, but to me this is not interesting because I'm worried all my data is used for things I do not know.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
homt.net
June 18, 2018, 11:29:39 PM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

As I always say and I would continue to say that KYC is a new invention in this forum because it was not what our crypto forefathers envisage. They wanted a decentralized community where all the huddles of government are totally eliminated. KYC to me is a way to re-introduce the control mechanism back to the ecosystem. Infact KYC in any form, whether ICO or airdrop should not be accepted.
Activity: 201
June 18, 2018, 11:03:06 PM
yes,i think most of ICOs right now are requiring KYC from their contributors.
i joined bounty campaign with requires KYC to received the rewards.
it won't be a problem if you just have a single account.
Activity: 196
June 18, 2018, 12:56:55 PM
Yes as long as it is really trusted because you're giving away your identity and you need to think about the risks before participating on a KYC, but it is a good way to avoid illegal activities on ICO's too.
Activity: 118
June 18, 2018, 12:49:12 PM
I specifically hate ICO, bounty, or Airdrop that requires KYC. Once I find out that KYC is required, I backed off from such projects because some of them might use our information for fraudulent activity.
Activity: 434
Merit: 10
June 18, 2018, 12:41:02 PM
It all depends on what kind of project it is. If I am confident in the project in which I want to invest, then most likely I will still send them my data, despite the fact that I do not like to pass KYC.
Activity: 392
Merit: 70
June 18, 2018, 12:30:39 PM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

Is there a choice? if you want to participate, you have to pass the KYC.
you can use as a protection label with the name of the project. At least it will be clear from the leaked documents. Now the situation with FANTOM is unclear. I received an e-mail with the ERC20 address, but after the end of sale  Grin.
Activity: 96
June 18, 2018, 12:25:00 PM
I had joined a bounty that requires KYC and thankfully I have passed the procedure they did it because the company is based in US and they are required to do KYC for bounties because of the law
Activity: 306
June 17, 2018, 05:41:32 PM
KYC is not ICO’s requirement, it is SEC’s requirement. If you don’t do that procedure, some difficulties may appear. So, I don’t mind at all doing KYC.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 105
June 17, 2018, 12:25:26 PM
I willingly participate in projects which demand KYC passing. In my opinion it is a good indicator!

aren't you afraid of that your personal data will be improperly used? some scam projects also may require KYC and who knows how they will manage user data.
Activity: 138
Merit: 12
The revolutionary trading ecosystem
June 17, 2018, 12:02:55 PM
Yes, I participated in such ICOs, although I think that this is not correct. But there's nothing to do if I liked the project.
Pages:
Jump to: