Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 41. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 20
June 17, 2018, 12:01:10 PM
No. I do not provide anyone with my documents, because I do not know who they will end up with. This is a big risk.
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
June 17, 2018, 11:58:23 AM
I almost joined in one signature bounty campaign, I'm glad I came back to check the rules again when I saw that they are doing KYC, after that I immediately take out my signature and avatar, I will not join any KYC backed ICO even if the project is good or profitable.
Activity: 176
Merit: 10
“Blockchain Just Entered The Real World"
June 17, 2018, 04:53:12 AM
Almost all ICO's requires KYC nowadays. It's because of the regulatory issues which will become more worse in the coming months. It's just the starting of Regulations. Ethereum was recently announced as not a security. But also a statement was made regarding ICO's. They probably would be announced as securities.
About giving your documents to icos, it is really not safe indeed. They can do whatever they want with our documents. I usually prefer to join ico pools as they don't need our documents. But make sure the pools are trusted.
Activity: 602
Merit: 101
http://scientificcoin.com/
June 17, 2018, 04:42:04 AM
I do participate: what's the problem? I have a single account with my name... the issue if for the guys participating with multiple accounts: of course, they violate the campaign rules
Activity: 38
June 17, 2018, 04:35:52 AM
To me i do join ico's that requires kyc as long asthey will pay,  I do not mind to do the verification as long as I'm sure ico project is really safe.
Activity: 93
June 16, 2018, 11:31:35 PM
I don't because what's the purpose of anonymity if you are just going to present your identity right? I prefer those ICO that just respect the privacy of an investor because it's cryptocurrency where anonymity is crucial. But a lot of ICO are doing KYC which is bad in my opinion.
Activity: 1123
Merit: 253
June 16, 2018, 11:23:43 PM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

First of all, I don't even join airdrops today. I don't like the way the quality of airdrop has gone down too low. If the airdrop is asking too much personal information, avoid it. As regards KYC, it does not matter that much to me especially if the particular ICO I am interested to invest in looks really promising. I don't mind undergoing the necessary KYC requirements for as long as the project I am participating is very good.
Activity: 168
Merit: 1
June 16, 2018, 11:20:31 PM
I have joined an ICO before and I'm not familiar with KYC before. At the end of the campaign this ICO suddenly required members of the KYC. This is not a problem to me because I'm not hiding anything. I hope that with KYC my privacy is still secured.
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
June 16, 2018, 11:17:56 PM
Honestly, I do not take part in many ICO. But the ones I have taken part required KYC. I think it's a sort of a standard now. And good startups have KYC
Activity: 75
June 16, 2018, 11:02:02 PM
Yes, there is nothing to be done about it. Many good ICOs require a KYC pass. And this is a big problem, I believe. Because often the ICO team can not safely store the received documents.
Activity: 45
Merit: 1
June 16, 2018, 10:49:47 PM
Now, most of the companies are asking for KYC documents because every company is doing the audit after crowdsale. Companies are asking KYC because their concerned lawyers are making a statement we can show to the government whenever they ask the ICO companies.
Activity: 574
Merit: 12
June 16, 2018, 12:34:23 PM
The KYC procedure does not play a special role. This does not mean that the projects that have a KYC are good projects. It does not matter.
Activity: 13
June 16, 2018, 08:35:44 AM
For many customers of new coins think Know Your Client is unnecesary for an small investment and a  inordinate liability with undesirable risks.
Activity: 69
June 16, 2018, 05:07:43 AM
Do any of you participate in ICOs that requires KYC (Know your Customer). We actually experienced this one on exchanges but how about in partipating in ICOs or just even in airdrop that requires KYC.

I think it depends as for me as they are many scams as well just getting your information. In some instances, we can be blind sometimes, mkay? I really do not join airdrops if it requires too needy to get your personal information.

I believe some people are not cautious as long as they can join airdrops. How about you? What are your thoughts about KYC in ICOS?

This is actually good because Know Your Customer's or KYC are proofs that it is actually you that is joining and have taken interest on that ICO. The platform will know where their customers might come from or how will their platform be expanded around the world by knowing which Country is taking interest on their platform. We also need to keep in mind that it is not safe to give information and we need to be cautious in doing this.
Activity: 658
Merit: 102
June 16, 2018, 04:52:46 AM
The Know Your Customer (KYC) identification procedure has become an important component for initiating a successful ICO crypto currency project, so of course, I only participate in such ICO.
I'm just amazed at such statements. What does the conduct of the KYC check have to do with the success of the ICO project? The only difference is that if such a check is carried out by a fraudulent team, then in addition to the collected money, they will still be able to sell your confidential data. And you in general asked them on what basis they require to pass the KYC check in the campaign signatories ICO, who are not investors?
Activity: 450
Merit: 251
June 16, 2018, 04:40:47 AM
You should not be afraid of the KYC procedure. This is the standard procedure for all crypto currency projects. Conversely, you should be suspicious if there is no KYC procedure. Recent projects such as Pchain, Phantasma, USECHAIN, all use KYC and all projects are good. Of the named projects only in USECHAIN there is an opportunity to invest, manage.
Activity: 84
June 16, 2018, 03:26:33 AM
 I have to be very careful in following the airdrop in need of kyc, in fact I often avoid kyc. because I do not want they know my personal information.
Activity: 114
June 15, 2018, 05:10:39 PM
I join the ICO which require KYC registration. because without KYC, companies won't pay you a reward.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
June 15, 2018, 05:08:23 PM
Almost any normal project now requires the passage of the KYC procedure and I believe that this is correct! If you invest money then you must prove your identity - provide all the necessary documents both in the bank!
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain
June 15, 2018, 05:03:38 PM
I willingly participate in projects which demand KYC passing. In my opinion it is a good indicator!
Pages:
Jump to: