Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you join ICOs that requires KYC? - page 43. (Read 4552 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 250
June 14, 2018, 12:46:31 AM
Yes i do. KYC keep ICOs away from illegal activities. If ICOs have KYC, i'll trust them more than no KYC ICOs.

I just wonder about what you said about "KYC keep ICOs away from illegal activities". Maybe you can give more explanation to that or elaborate on that much further. Having a KYC is not equal to "Trustworthy company", it only tells you that the company needs to get your personal information for their purpose. You are only telling me that as long as the company asks you to submit your personal information you already trust the said company and for that I am quite surprised by your easy trust.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
June 13, 2018, 09:13:17 PM
Yes i do. KYC keep ICOs away from illegal activities. If ICOs have KYC, i'll trust them more than no KYC ICOs.
Activity: 170
June 13, 2018, 09:13:07 PM
I have not been asked to KYC in the bounty campaign that I am accepting to work for. But if they ask, I will complete that rule. KYC is also a way of identifying a valid project and setting rules and quality in earnest.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
June 13, 2018, 09:06:15 PM
Yes but i do sure its legit because giving information to a random stranger in the internet is a dead game but this risk could lessen if i research on the ICO
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
June 13, 2018, 08:53:23 PM
For me, i dont want to particpate in that KYC because all your information must to give you. What if the participating is not legit, In that way, this might be the reason why your btc wallet and other social media accounts might lose by hackers because he knows your information and has the documents that indicate is you. That's why giving personal information to others is not safe.
Activity: 247
June 13, 2018, 08:48:57 PM
For me I only join ico which I believe has potential and can give me great profit wether they implement kyc or not. Kyc is not that bad I think. It gives credibility to the ico and makes things a little secured compared to an all anonymous ico's. Yes the best quality about cryptocurrency is anonymity but sometimes it is necessary to give a couple of information as well.
Activity: 16
June 13, 2018, 08:44:18 PM
It's not a good idea to give personal information to strangers. But as a matter of fact. where to go if they announce it at the end of the ICO. And you have nowhere to go, you have to go through KYC not to be left without money.
Activity: 240
June 13, 2018, 10:12:16 AM
Yes, I still join some bounty that needs KYC but before that , I will first inspect and research about that bounty and about the ICO so that I can assure the safeness of my information and also my identity. It is better to be careful than regretting what you did just to earn money. It is easy to earn money but losing and giving your identity with the wrong person is very hard to get over with.
Activity: 112
June 13, 2018, 10:06:46 AM
Know your customer (KYC) have good and bad side. If I am an investor I would really appreciate if there is KYC implemented so that i will know the ICO have security on my end but if it is only airdrop and some not legitimate bounties that requires KYC i would not definitely join that campaign.
Activity: 28
June 13, 2018, 10:03:57 AM
 I saw Selfkey project is building a decentralized KYC platform and I even noticed a few ICOs that used their services already.
copper member
Activity: 266
June 12, 2018, 10:27:20 AM
I see no problem in kyc. If i'm firmly convinced that i want to invest in an ico, i would do kyc too.
Only if i was unsure of the ico, i would make no kyc, but then probably not invest.
Of course i am afraid that the ico is an scam and the fraudsters have my data, but no risk no fun.
Activity: 103
June 12, 2018, 10:19:26 AM
Doing KYC is not bad but so many ICO now used it to an extent, of not paying hunters at the end of the bounty. At least my country is not restricted from cryptocurrency so there's no need for me to hide my identity besides its for the interest of investors and the promoters . Smiley Smiley
Activity: 140
June 12, 2018, 04:37:51 AM
 Yes actually most of the ICO i've joined requires KYC as long as the project is legit for the airdrop a big NO i don't particapte especially if they require KYC it's just a waste of time.
Activity: 70
June 12, 2018, 01:59:24 AM
Yes I have came across one and its really different. You might be interested in this ICO going on for an Australian company called BlockGrain.io  They’re aiming to automate the supply chain with Grain and later on Fruit/Vegetables/Wool. The sale has started.
BlockGrain.io bounty thread worth a look https://blockgrain.typeform.com/to/CLUlBw
Check out this aswell:
https://bitcoinexchangeguide.com/blockgrain-mountain-state-trialing-blockchain-beer-tracking-system/
Activity: 387
Merit: 11
June 11, 2018, 11:50:50 PM
I haven't participated in any ICO that requires KYC (know your customer) over the past few months. I think we have to protect our personal data, we shouldn't rely on others.
Activity: 616
Merit: 250
June 11, 2018, 11:33:56 PM
I came across to one airdrop campaign and saw that many people are joining in but was puzzled me is that in its google doc link I saw something that said ETH Private Key. I am thinking of creating an ETH address solely for that project but it got me thinking. Poor guys who actually gave their private keys on that airdrop. Sorry I forgot the name but I am pretty sure some of you encountered these.
Activity: 782
Merit: 500
June 11, 2018, 11:31:49 PM
I join ICO's that require KYC because now a days that is the only thing which is keeping the ICO under tighter regulations. Why this one is important anyway? Well, this ensures that they are legit and if they someday run away with your money then you can actually legally take them down as they will also have registered themselves with regulatory bodies with their own KYS forms. Thus making you and the company completely open to trade and publicly available all the time. The previous ICO had chance to get away leaving behind just the company name and nothing else. So I believe I like the concept of sending my KYC to the KYS verified ICO.
Totally agree! It is a good thought. I also know that some ICOs have requested KYC for Bounty campaigns and the reason explained by ICO is to prevent users from having their participation with multiple accounts.
the actual implementetion of the KYC system for bounty hunters is a strange thing, because if the project we follow is a scamm. then the dangers of data we enter can be sold them

I don't exactly remember which ico it was (maybe multiple) but there were already some personal docs gotten through ico's floating around on the darkwebs. It's probably not a bad pay check selling legit docs.  
Activity: 210
Merit: 3
June 11, 2018, 11:29:10 PM
If ICO is promising, it is reasonable to believe and know that they will succeed and need KYC.

But airdrop, I don't believe them. They just want my personal information.
Activity: 406
Merit: 14
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
June 11, 2018, 11:27:40 PM
I join ICO's that require KYC because now a days that is the only thing which is keeping the ICO under tighter regulations. Why this one is important anyway? Well, this ensures that they are legit and if they someday run away with your money then you can actually legally take them down as they will also have registered themselves with regulatory bodies with their own KYS forms. Thus making you and the company completely open to trade and publicly available all the time. The previous ICO had chance to get away leaving behind just the company name and nothing else. So I believe I like the concept of sending my KYC to the KYS verified ICO.
Totally agree! It is a good thought. I also know that some ICOs have requested KYC for Bounty campaigns and the reason explained by ICO is to prevent users from having their participation with multiple accounts.
the actual implementetion of the KYC system for bounty hunters is a strange thing, because if the project we follow is a scamm. then the dangers of data we enter can be sold them
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
June 11, 2018, 11:25:11 PM
KYC(Know Your Customer) on some ICO's is quiet good because other inital coin offering follows the rules and regulations in their country. So I'm quiet agree in KYC because that's also for the sake of the ICO as a company but on airdrops that requires KYC don't join because it is quiet malicious act.
Pages:
Jump to: