Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins? - page 26. (Read 51050 times)

Activity: 590
Merit: 258
No, altcoins are created as substiture for bitcoin but not replacement. Because of the excellent performance of the company and management of the bitcoin they become successful in field of electronic banking; through this they cannot be beaten by other altcoin in this industry.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 673
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
I dont think alts can be a rival in value to bitcoin. They may have the potential rising in value but i dont think it can defeat bitcoin’s value. Bitcoin has gone too far already to be reached by other altcoins.

Yeah i agree.
But it depends on what you look at. Value per coin might not be surpassed.
But in terms of stability, transactiosn speed, anonymity there are other players at hand Smiley
Ethereum has a good chance to compete with bitcoin but it will not replace it because simply it cannot replace it.
Bitcoin supporters are very big, it was recognize as the father of all coins so when a certain altcoins will be popular, bitcoin popularity will also increase.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?
I dont think alts can be a rival in value to bitcoin. They may have the potential rising in value but i dont think it can defeat bitcoin’s value. Bitcoin has gone too far already to be reached by other altcoins.

Yeah i agree.
But it depends on what you look at. Value per coin might not be surpassed.
But in terms of stability, transactiosn speed, anonymity there are other players at hand Smiley
Activity: 392
Merit: 123
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I definitely see some altcoins overcoming Bitcoin in the future. Bitcoin blockchain is too slow and is too costly for mainstream adoption. There are some alts that provide better solutions for mass adoption, but these have to prove themselves effectively and this will take time.
Activity: 574
Bitcoin will always be the top cryptocurrency, alternatives are just copies of it or scamcoins. No altcoin will ever get past Bitcoin, even if it has some problems right now, but the problems will be fixed soon enough. No large company that accepts Bitcoin will ever accept some altcoin.

I think so too, it is not just about bitcoin's value that makes it on top but also its system that provides quality and assurance to its users and investors alike. Bitcoin would remain on top among other alt coins as long as its features remain as a model for an online currency.
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087
Really interesting to see what alts do if bitcoin ascends to the next level.

People expecting alts to automatically do the same are delusional.

They can't continue moving in step swinging back and forth for eternity.

At some point they diverge for good.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
There are plenty of alts that have great potential and are great for what they were designed for but it will be a long time before something revolutionizes as Bitcoin did. There's not that spark of origin with alt coins

It takes a long time if alt can beat Bitcoin even though they have great potential to be a good coin. Wink
Activity: 200
Thrive
Alts on separate block chains don't stand a chance. However hard forks could be a bit troublesome for bitcoin and might compete with bitcoin like if segwit2x passed would have been a problem without the replay protection.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
There are plenty of alts that have great potential and are great for what they were designed for but it will be a long time before something revolutionizes as Bitcoin did. There's not that spark of origin with alt coins
Activity: 226
Merit: 103
I think so. I see that the only reason why people prefer bitcoin more than  altcoins is the fact that bitcoin has been here for years, since 2009 if I’m not mistaken, other than the fact that it is one of the most highest value. Therefore, people feel much safer with bitcoin. So, once they established a sense of secureness towards the other altcoins, only then will it be possible.
Activity: 12
within my country bitcoin nevertheless very little to know, sinc most people in my nation do not want to comprehend first play bitcoin end the advantages can be in bitcoin. they think bitcoin doesn't have the price and it is tough to understanda
copper member
Activity: 69
Altcoins that have real utility have an opportunity to provide value outside of BTC's use case. But I would be less confident in coins taking on BTC directly; the network effect is significant.
Activity: 38
they have especially if they have a good dedicated development team on them, and the features that they improve and invent within the blockchain system,(more faster and faster transaction time for example)
Activity: 32
not all have chance only BCH , ETH may be have power to be against  bitcoin or at least  best alt for bitcoin
Activity: 594
Merit: 253

Of course they have. Bitcoin won't be king for too long unless there are heavy upgrades on its network. Maybe Lightning Network can solidify its place for a long time but I still believe that the competition in crypto is still young. Even at this present stage some people just believe that Bitcoin continues to lead because it is the father and founder of decentralized crypto currencies.
New's about China edition site I am understand what you would like China investors? Their government authorities was forbidden invest in ICO. You'll need The far east experts.

Experts lol^
Activity: 182
Competition is very health thing also comparison a very healthy thing so we can correct our mistakes and grow much better. The altcoins behind bitcoin is healthier to Bitcoin performance once altcoin come very close to bitcoin that time bitcoin will react accordingly to ahead. Regarding the charges I am also expecting in future it will be revised otherwise user will look for alternative end of the day more benefit is target for us.
Activity: 23
Yes in my biew bitcoins dignity is going down because of this
I'm not confident bitcoin will fix their network issues to get their transaction fees down below $1 - where they need to be. It'll probably improve eventually, but not enough.

Isnt there something like "Lightning" coming up to fix that?
Pages:
Jump to: