Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you see alts have chances against Bitcoins? - page 12. (Read 51050 times)

Activity: 294
Merit: 11
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?

We cannot say that Altcoins will surpass Bitcoin because Bitcoin is still the highest as compared to other cryptocurrencies when it comes to volumes and demands by the people around the world.
Some people want to invest in Altcoins, I guess, for day trading but they need to be quick if prices will spike up.
But when it comes to stability and long term investment, Bitcoin is still suitable. There are speculations that Bitcoin will rise up soon so we better to invest now and hold.
Activity: 350
Merit: 110
some have projected altcoin ever surpass bitcoin prices finally fall. they only last some time. while bitcoin survive with very high until recently.Maybe transaction fees are increasing yet I cant see people transferring their funds there, that is not enough reason to do this move.
But if the scaling issues continue and it is not resolved, Bitcoin might be threatened by other cryptocurrencies to take over its position at the top. Although we can see that there is not a single crypto that could come close to the price of Bitcoin right now, it should not ignore the fact that these type of concerns about the transaction fees could give a huge impact on its dominance. We will just hope that miners could find a way to resolve the scaling issues.
Activity: 83
Merit: 0
some have projected altcoin ever surpass bitcoin prices finally fall. they only last some time. while bitcoin survive with very high until recently.Maybe transaction fees are increasing yet I cant see people transferring their funds there, that is not enough reason to do this move.
Activity: 546
Merit: 255
Hard to speculate about future. We all can see that bitcoin right now is not exactly the best payment option or a currency.
BTC is better suited to be an safe haven asset, capital investment and long term option for hoarders.
Bitcoin is not doomed yet (Japan adoption!), there is still time to fix scaling problem and reach total dominance over altcoins.
But if the scaling war will continue for extended period of time, it is possible that ETH, LTC or DASH will take over BTC dominance.

Amidst the issues that Bitcoin is facing right now like high transaction fees, many altcoins that has a huge potential will for sure pose a threat to the dominance of bitcoin if it will not resolve the issue on fees. It true that it is the best cryptocurrency to trust your investment with but the fact that it is not feasible on using it a mode of payment is something to be worried on thinking that there are coins that don't have this issue and are very suitable to do so.
Activity: 938
Merit: 137
Altkoins do not compete with bitcoin. Most altcoins have their own immediate tasks and functions, which they perform, and therefore they function separately from each other, at the same time influencing and interacting with everyone as a kind of crypto currency.
         I think that from the point of view of popularity, altcoyins have huge chances to beat beatcoin ever. Given the constant problems of bitcoin with transactions, and if this and other problems such as relative anonymity and weak confidentiality are not solved in the future, bitcoin, which is already slowly losing its popularity, can give way to a leader of one of the successful altcoyins, possibly even ethereum.
Activity: 56
yes. High transaction fees may be decreased popularity of bitcoin.

Do you have any proof for what you said? It is otherwise, when bitcoin had little users there were minimal fees.
Activity: 39
The problem is Bitcoin is popular in the digital world, but still many people don't know what is Bitcoin, in this situation if we started to teach any other altcoin to people they will not listen.Yes bitcoin has trouble about transaction time and fee right now, but i believe there will be a way to solve that.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
All businesses have their own ups and downs. Even if the bitcoin is the pioneer in this industry, it doesn't mean that they will stay in the front seat forever. This already is happening to several businesses where newcomers beat the old ones. But as long as we are still earning through bitcoin I think this won't be a problem.
Activity: 285
Merit: 100
It's the first coin and would be very difficult to unseat it if even the alt is very good.
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
2 cents for fees? that is impossible. The minimum GWEI for a transaction actually costs aprox 0.001 ETH ($1)

I don't care much about any altcoins but recently I tried Ethereum to make few micro transactions of 2$ with just around 2 cent worth Ethereum on fees. And I find this to be really helpful so i think i will do the same for other micro transactions in the future.

You are literally lying in there, i am using ethereum for normal payments all day long.

You are wrong mate.
Activity: 378
I have been seeing Bitcoins' price rising with a stability in its growth, but due to the higher mining fee that is being levied on transactions these days, big businesses are now moving their funds towards alts and taking advantage with their least fees as well as shaping a completely new economy in the trends of altcoin markets. Do you think this may harm Bitcoin's dignity and open up a chance in real for alts to rise?

Any altcoin can stand a chance against bitcoins if there's a lot of people who are demanding on it. The growth of any coin in the market is always depending on the consumers choice on where they are going to invest their capital and it will trigger its price to increase when the supply is decreasing. supply and demand is always the reason why coins value are decreasing or increasing in the market.
Activity: 49
Only one chance and a possibility that alts can take over bitcoin is that the fees of bitcoins are too much nowadays as well as slow transactions are the biggest reason that bitcoin is now irritating most of the people but the it is also a fact that no one or no any coin has gained that much fame as bitcoin has so it will be a tough deal for any alt to compete with bitcoin which is the king crypto right now
Activity: 280
I don't care much about any altcoins but recently I tried Ethereum to make few micro transactions of 2$ with just around 2 cent worth Ethereum on fees. And I find this to be really helpful so i think i will do the same for other micro transactions in the future.
Activity: 246
Merit: 13
Well, lets just all believed in the potential of bitcoin. I am sure that bitcoin will never be giving a change to the altcoins. The original is better than the imitation. They can imitate the bitcoin but they cannot duplicate the bitcoin.
Activity: 462
Merit: 104
quarkchain.io
If you compare current prices, the bitcoin is beginning to yield their positions. Price ETH is 0.1 BTC. But 3 months ago the price of Eth were 20 times less than bitcoin. Other altcoins have increased in price even more. I think bitcoin has prospects only in the long term. And in 2018 will lead altcoins.
Activity: 336
I've been keeping less and less money in bitcoin lately and holding it more in alts (that being said, I still have an amount of BTC that I won't touch). I think it's the safest thing to do the way things are at the moment. Who knows what's next for BTC?
Activity: 221
it might just happen, but it does not seem to be for now. because I think the world is currently focusing on bitcoin. I noticed there are many new altcoins popping up with new features and possibly exceeding the features that bitcoin has. maybe they will grow, but it will take a long time, because they also need the community to support it. altcoin which I think has potential is Ethereum, because the smart contract feature in its possession.
Activity: 85
yes. High transaction fees may be decreased popularity of bitcoin. I think ETH will be more popular in next 3-4 years. But bitcoin never die. Its a strongest currency I ever seen. In my portfolio 20% for bitcoin and other 80% for Alts.
Activity: 462
everything has a chance in anything.and about altcoin i cant see any problem how or when will alts can fight over bitcoin..today many users losing their trust in bitcoin.and i can see much many will give up support on btc and change direction towards altcoins
Activity: 88
Investing in bitcoin is the safer option, but the growth in the altcoin market has been rapid.During any war, everyone loses. In a world of so many people. Must be able to find their followers and react to their needs.
Pages:
Jump to: