Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you sell 100% of your holdings when in profit or hodl? - page 3. (Read 2148 times)

Activity: 2240
Merit: 175
Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

What are your opinions / tactics?

I sell 70% of my holdings in case there is another pump coming and it's a good strategy it's hard to predict if the market will go up or down, for the last 8 months, market is very unstable you never know tomorrow or the next three days if the price will go up or down.
Activity: 352
Merit: 100
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
If you saw that you've gained more than what you've invested, take the money you've invested it from, then leave the profit for you to invest again in other tokens. In that way you'll gain more profits without the fear of losing.
Activity: 126
Merit: 10
Global loyalty & rewards
If I see prespektiva for a token, then at advance in price I can sell only a half. I leave other half on the future. If to me кaжтecя that any further there is no perspektva, then I usually sell all 100%
Activity: 588
Merit: 107
Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

I normally follow the 80/20 rule. I would sell 80% then retain the 20% as no one would know how long the bull or pump on a certain crypto will last.
Activity: 1666
Merit: 502

I will look at market conditions first and not how much I get profit, for example in market conditions now that you could say the market is still in a bad condition, so if I get a profit from the coin that I hold/buy I will immediately sell it and wait for the market to drop again. The point is the decision I made regarding sell for profits or HODL depends on the market conditions and some information that I got
Activity: 531

Well I'm depending on the situation of the market price whether I'll sell it 100% of it or 75%. If the prices are going alternatively up and down, then I'll sell 75% of it and keep the 25% like you're saying. But if it continuously rising up, I think it's better to sell it 100% for huge profits.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
I will sell only profit from my trade, that is the target of my trade in ryptocurrency.
For example:

I trade Bitcoin with Altcoins with a capital of 1 Bitcoin, then profit to 1.2 Bitcoin
What I will withdraw is 0.2 Bitcoin.
Activity: 72
I sell half and keep on holding the other half or I can sell 75% of my holdings it just depends on how I feel of my holdings. Selling half and keeping half is not a bad tactic at all just make sure you are holding the right one with a lot of future.
Activity: 336
The tactic that I applied will not sell all of my crypto currency coins when in the profit zone. I will sell about 50% -75% and save the rest. I anticipate when prices continue to skyrocket, I can still feel the benefits of the rest of my bitcoin. What is clear, I will take my capital first at 6k $. When my capital is secure, I just need to make a profit while walking with a new strategy. I will apply this strategy to seek greater profits from the results of the remaining bitcoin that I have sold. I'm sure this crypto currency gives us false hope. it's just that we have to be patient in seeking profits. Likewise with market conditions, the market is very predictable so that the decision not to sell all bitcoin is the right decision.
Activity: 180
I choose to hold and wait for high prices and then sell. See the market situation 20% profit is sold. You can sell and then buy coin top store it. That is a reasonable way
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
My policy is I sell bit by bit while keeping an eye on the coin, I sell 40% 30% etc the only time i sell at once is if it is obvious that coin or token is been manipulated or pumped .
This is something that can work but it is only a strategy that someone with a lot of experience can follow because a person that has no experience cannot tell when the market is being manipulated and when the market is just moving in a natural way and it's just displaying its natural volatility.
No. I think it's a pretty stupid decision. After all, I did not hold the coins for some 5% profit. The goals were much more.
Activity: 308
Merit: 40
I did that at first. Last year when the market was bullish, I held more than 50% of my earnings which I am not going to do again. I have learned a lot from it that we are in this crypto business for a reason which is "profit" so no need to hodl when you get the profit. I was so naïve and now very experienced. I won't do that again. But maybe hold till 1000 Mrd MC...........
Activity: 142
Merit: 12
I sell if i get from it a good fortune but if the profits are low i prefer hodl coins because you do not know what future holds.
Activity: 662
If you have reached the target I want, then I will sell all. Then I bought back some of the advantages I have. It could be that I bought another coin, or return on investment on the same coin, but wait for the price to fall.
i have a question. How are you set the target price? It's very complicated for me to understand are the current price good for me or not.
Activity: 162
If you have reached the target I want, then I will sell all. Then I bought back some of the advantages I have. It could be that I bought another coin, or return on investment on the same coin, but wait for the price to fall.
Activity: 546
Merit: 1
personally if im already got profit i would sell 75% of my token and hold the rest of them, as long im has take the profit i dont really care with the rest token.
Activity: 291
Merit: 100
I usually sell it all and go onto my next target.  I don't like to have a bunch of coins to keep track of so in the end I'm either in or I'm out.  I will hold for long periods but when I move I always go 100%. 
Merit: 107
I keep 10-20% as you don't really know what the coin/token will do in the future. Just the take initial capital, some profit and roll over to another project or trade.
Activity: 504
It depends on your thoughts. If you want to earn more, I think you should keep your coins. If you want to minimize the investment risk, I think you can sell or keep 50%.
correct. everyone certainly has a strategy and also the method of each in trading or profit. when they want to be in a safe zone, of course they will sell it a few percent
Pages:
Jump to: