Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you sell 100% of your holdings when in profit or hodl? - page 8. (Read 2148 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 0
For me, bitcoin is what I accumulate. That's why I sell altcoins and accumulate in bitkin, and I never sell bitcoin! Altcoins sell as soon as they grow in price!
Activity: 74
I will sell that much which bring my investment back and then I will stay in the market with my profit. We need to take risks. Who knows what is waiting for us in future.
Activity: 770
Merit: 258
The Standart Protocol - Solving Inflation
Im not selling all of it when i invest with my long term investment money. But when i want to do a short period trading i will sell it immadietly if it hit 10% of my buying price and waiting for it to goes down again. However everything is depend on market condition. If the market is in the bullish i will hold it untill i think it reach its peak. But when the market condition is like now which is in bearish. I will take only 5-10% profit then sell it all 100%
Activity: 714
Merit: 261
Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

What are your opinions / tactics?

I will actually take the opportunity to sell everything that I have got so that I can get all those 100% profits. I will take this so that I can again share my profits again with different portfolio and then try to gain more and more coins in it. These could be great deal because I can have more such chances to earn more profits. This is perfect reinvestment of my profits that I gotten in first place. So this is my tactics for now to gain more.
Activity: 868
Merit: 252
I use two strategies. One is selling all. Another one is keeping an amount on hold. It completely depends on my research and intuition.
it doesn't make sense and it's impossible for both strategies to be used at the same time, or do you mean that the strategy is used at different times? if I am like any condition if I have made a profit then I will sell half of it,
Activity: 76
I use two strategies. One is selling all. Another one is keeping an amount on hold. It completely depends on my research and intuition.
Activity: 112
"I rather HODL. So far it has been working for me. However, I do
like to have some staking coins that give small rewards for
holding.
"
Activity: 545
Merit: 250
0x3f17f1962B36e491b30A40b2405849e597Ba5FB5
Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

That's a good strategy; in fact I use it most of the time. Primary purpose for that was to minimize loss and maximize profit. You just have to execute a plan, learn the outcome, never let the same mistake happen over and over again.

Activity: 580
To be more precise i will cash out only 25% after every 10-20% increase unless i suddenly need some fiat i will cash out a big amount or even 100% of it.
Activity: 644
Merit: 101
📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR DAP

the real traders keep half of the portfolio in usdt 25% in btc and 25% in alts plus never invest more than 5% of your capital in any alt coin and after adding 10% of your purchased price just put the coin on the sale oder. just make low profits instead of heavy losses
Activity: 742
Merit: 12
I never sell all of my holdings, instead, I make it 50-50 split if I see a small profit, but I may sell up to 80% only if I see a massive profit in the trade. I always believe in long-term holding profits.
Activity: 46
"Sometimes Hodl better sometimes sell is better! This
time I think sell is better because this is really a good
profit to sell that's why I want to sell all this time.
"
Activity: 78
I always try to get my investments back first. Then i look for more opportunities. It helps me to get more profits sometimes. So i hold a small amount.
Activity: 308
Merit: 30
Actually HODL, is the better option because it provides a more income,
holding your investments in longer period of time gives a more earnings in your own pocket that can be get in future.
Activity: 224
Merit: 14
QuickX ICO

On ICOs last year I did sell half when the price doubled, so I never was at a loss with an investment. This way, I can always keep long term holdings without any panic or worry.
Activity: 168
I will sell 60-70% and wait for some time to see weather price goes more above or not if price goes 9k+ i will sell remaing amount of bitcoin. and if price gets back to 7k+ i will buy BTC again.
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
I never sell 100% of my holdings. I prefer to have at least 10-20% of each good coins to hold. Who knows, may be one day this 10-20% will give me more money than my entire portfolio gives me now.
Activity: 113
It depends if the price is high or if the price is suitable for me I will sell it and if not i will hold it until the price of my tokens is high for me or enough for me to sell than to hold.
Activity: 2352
Merit: 594

I sell some of it where I could gain enough profit and hodl some of it so that when the bull market comes, I would be able to gain more profit again. It is important that we'll know how to make money out of our investments and savings. We should be smart enough to handle our savings and learn how to earn more through crypto hodling.
Activity: 910
Merit: 100
for me when any coin I hold and shows profit, without thinking, I will sell it all, because if I only sell part of it, the profit will not be too much, and in my opinion it is not worth it. It is better to sell everything and buy again when the price is low.
Pages:
Jump to: