Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you sell 100% of your holdings when in profit or hodl? - page 7. (Read 2148 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 0
I think it is better not to hold on to the coins once you can sell for profit. At least, for the newbies who don't want to get frustrated with the market it is better to sell all the coins. However, I only reinvest again if my personal research says the price will rise in the future, otherwise, I stay put.
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

What are your opinions / tactics?

I would sell just enough to get my initial investment back and keep the rest for future use. I would buy again when the price drops.
Activity: 315
Merit: 1
Base on my own trading strategy, whenever i make profit , i sell 60% of my holdings and hodl the rest for long term hodl. That is the strategy i use and i have been able to stick to it so as to avoid greed.
Activity: 120
if the price of bitcoin goes down of course I will buy full of the money I have, and sell 60% to get a profit and save 40% for my investment
Activity: 751
Merit: 251
It depends about my needs because if i would need a lot of money i would sell 100% but in my opinion the best option would be sell only half especially in bitcoin situaction because this coin will achieve bigger price for sure
Activity: 336
Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

I personally mostly take 100% and look for another good entry price to buy. I used to hodl more than selling but the market is so bad so I'm trying to win back my loses with this. I think the best is to create your own strategy based on other people's strategy especially the pro ones.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
Once iam in profit I sell off all my coins and change them to fiat and hold them. I will then watch the market and see when next dip will show up and i will exchange my fiat back to coins to buy at a lower price and turn over again. I make more profit that way. But it is not all the time that worked that way.
Activity: 396
Everyone has a different way of trading. Not everyone will sell their 100% token when they rise. I may keep half of them.Waiting for the market to continue to rise, when the market rises again, I will sell half of it again.
Activity: 97

Yes, almost everytime that I get profits I just try to turn them into fiat, so I can use it in my daily life, I think it would be better to invest a part of the profit again, but I may do that in the near future, once I accomplish some goals I have.
Activity: 476
Merit: 13
If I believe in the development of the project then I do not sell these tokens. It's a bad time for sale. Now it's better to buy as much as possible. The situation on the market can change quickly.
Activity: 728
Merit: 12
Generally, I will not sell all my coins 100% at once even the price is higher. I will hold some percent of the coins to leave in my portfolio. I hope that some day, the price that I still hold can rise again. Some sold coins will be used for cash or some for converting to other altcoins.
Activity: 168
I will sell one hundred percent of my holdings when there is a profit because not all the time the market value of your investment will incurs gain because there are times they incur also losses.
good strategy that you are exposed to, in my opinion what you say is right, we better sell part of the investment if it has gone up,
and leaving assets of at least 30-40% is ideal
Activity: 350
I will sell one hundred percent of my holdings when there is a profit because not all the time the market value of your investment will incurs gain because there are times they incur also losses.
Activity: 56
I prefer to sell all of it once the price is high and later reinvest the profit or a percentage of it to buy new coins once the price comes down again or buy other coins which are promising and likely to do good in the future.
Activity: 546
i will never sell 100% my coins even when in profit. because we will never know how this coin in the future. i usually sell about 20% - 50% when the price is high. hold always be the best tactic.
Activity: 318
Personally, what I do with my holding when in profit is to sell like 80% of it and then leave the rest to appreciate more or I can even buy more when the price is down and hold for as long as I can make reasonable profit on it.
Activity: 140

My strategy is 50 percent only. I will leave the other half to keep my investment rolling. If it pump more again then I still have growing profit. Then I will set another target when it reach to that point sell another half again that's my strategy.
Activity: 714
Acewins.io
I did that at first. Last year when the market was bullish, I held more than 50% of my earnings which I am not going to do again. I have learned a lot from it that we are in this crypto business for a reason which is "profit" so no need to hodl when you get the profit. I was so naïve and now very experienced. I won't do that again.
Activity: 151
I will choose to sell all, because it is a good return on investment. Only money in your pocket can be a real gain. You never know how the market will change.
Activity: 406
I ussually sell 50% to book some profits and keep the rest of the 50% for the long-term. But it depends also on how much i trust that coin. If i trust it a lot, i will sell only a small portion( like 20%) and hold the rest.
Pages:
Jump to: