Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you sell 100% of your holdings when in profit or hodl? - page 6. (Read 2148 times)

Activity: 826
Merit: 250
Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

What are your opinions / tactics?
Need to see on market conditions, on uptrend I will wait 12k and then sell 25%. On downtrend - 25% on 8k is a very good profit.
Activity: 184
Merit: 0
Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

The percentage I sell of my holdings when in profit depend on the amount of profit I'm getting, if it's huge like my target or more I can sell all and strategize to buy the coin again if the price drop but I won't sell all 100% of my holdings if the profit is not up to my target,  I'll sell part to get the capital I invested and to earn some profits
Activity: 244
Merit: 20
As for me, I sell 80% of the investments for a particular cryptocurrency with a final profit of 25-30%.
If the growth is 10-15% and there is no response for future market, I bring everything out.

Usually, especially during the day trading, 2-3% is enough to sell 50% of ivestment.
Activity: 812
Merit: 256
Selling and Redirecting Your Investments When You Earn Profits, All Investments Need to be Considered Due to Great Digital Money!
Activity: 96
You should try 50/50  so that if the price goes up again then you can get a bigger profit. Diversity should be taken in mind with investments.
Activity: 434
It depends on the market situation. If I can forecast market will go down then I will sell my 100%. no way to hold the coin in this time.
Activity: 362
Merit: 101

It all depends on the situation.I am not a professional and I do not know how to use technical analysis, but as a beginner I would sell 70%, and the rest would be left in anticipation of further growth
Activity: 392
Merit: 1
when I get a profit, but there are prospects for a price increase, then I sell somewhere 50-60 percent, and start to check  the course all the time ). Cascading method is good for investing.
Activity: 108
Depend I usually sell to recover my investments plus a 10 percent and then I hold it has worlk until last bull run that I’ve lost a lot on the current bear market . Now I’m just holding and buying the coins I consider worth it untill I see some green
Activity: 36
People keep a coin for the long term, not for some pathetic 100%. People want to see X5-10, at least, and you start talking about x2 here

I agree, Invest and hold helps a coin grow more so then more profit can be made and makes it stable to buy again if its good project its worth doing,
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
People keep a coin for the long term, not for some pathetic 100%. People want to see X5-10, at least, and you start talking about x2 here
Activity: 36
I will select the reasonable price range to make profit. Because the price cycle of the coin always fluctuate, the sale and choose the price point is very important. If hold for too long the value gradually decreases, so much coin has to value 0
Activity: 154
I didn't sell anything. I'm holding all my tokens. I have currenty over 50 different projects, many of them are in ICO stage yet. But I don't wanna sell anything until I see REAL bullrun. Not fakeouts or "alt season" for 2 weeks. I wanna see the same thing that happened last December. Then I consider selling everything and waiting for buying opportunities.
Activity: 238
Usually, I would sell some one  of the token in total i bought ,the interest I would hold. This will not take capital to invest. Just as my can be safe
Activity: 94
I would sell what I hold if it increases 5-10% since I hold it. I did not expect a big profit so that I could become a holder.  I will sell them all to find a lower price to buy back.Do not keep them if you do not feel okay
Activity: 753
Merit: 15
mulierum.com
Well, I don't think to sell the coins out 100%. Why? this is one of my strategies where I will hold some of the coins to keep until there is other increasing price. Of course, I will hold them until it is increasing again. I think it will be more profitable.
Activity: 546
Merit: 251
if I hold it for the short term, then I will sell it. but if I plan to hold it for the long term, then I will not sell it and sell it until the profit target is reached.
Activity: 210
Merit: 10
I think now many people have sold BTC and ETH, because their price has fallen very sharply, personally I hope that their price will be higher by the end of the year.
Activity: 557
Merit: 101
The hodl tactic does not work. I have already lost 80% of my portfolio since January and it continues to melt before our eyes. Record profits at the earliest opportunity.
Activity: 588
Merit: 256

all people who do trading activities in bitcoin certainly expect profits, even though the way they do varies. in my opinion, with a price increase to reach a profit of 20% of the purchase price, there is nothing wrong if we make all sales because we have benefited from it. Take advantage of the best possible market situation because bitcoin price movements are very easy to change so quickly
Pages:
Jump to: