Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you sell 100% of your holdings when in profit or hodl? - page 4. (Read 2148 times)

Activity: 77
Merit: 0
i guess it depends on the coin or altcoin you are holding, but for me i always prefer to sell almost 75 of my holdings at the gain profit and hold 25 percent just in case i missed the train in trading. well its depends on how you will decide and profit is still a profit
Activity: 87
It depends on your thoughts. If you want to earn more, I think you should keep your coins. If you want to minimize the investment risk, I think you can sell or keep 50%.
Activity: 120
Merit: 23
Be cool
BTC and other crypo investments are not for short term for me..But if can withdraw your initial investment it is safe..there are lots of interesting projects out there and they can grow 5000% in near future so don't take your cash back with small profits
Activity: 13
I won't sell all my cryptocurrencies. When I get a certain benefit, I will choose to keep 50%.
Activity: 173
Merit: 10
I have sold all my coins a few times and regret doing that.  Always keep a moon bag.  You never know if your holding a top 10 coin before it's time.  Always hold at least 10% of your original investment. 
Activity: 54
My policy is I sell bit by bit while keeping an eye on the coin, I sell 40% 30% etc the only time i sell at once is if it is obvious that coin or token is been manipulated or pumped .
Activity: 728
Merit: 250
Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

What are your opinions / tactics?
In the particular example that you are giving I will not sell my bitcoin at that price, I do not know about you but I'm not here in this market to obtain small profits, I'm here to obtain life changing profits and if that means that I need to hold my coins for years or even decades I'm willing to do it.
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
Actually I always sold 90% of my btc or altvoins when it comes in profit and again buy it when it comes below it is my strategy. I always hold 10% of my btc and because of this I got many profits sometimes I never sold everything in case of profit also.
Activity: 770
When the increment occurs will certainly be a good thing to sell. but for the sake of keeping still get big enough then the fortunes of many that do some strategies in the trade. many have sold some when it happened and holding a large rise in part to still be going on. but many also directly sell everything for the sake of profit in once selling.
Activity: 588
I will sell all my profits, because capital is capital.

For example, from buying Bitcoin at 6.000 USD and increasing the price to 8.000 USD, then I would sell it around 20%, because 20% was profit from the trade.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
ive never sold 100% when in holding il take some profits but the cions i beleive in i continue to hold maybe take profits from time to time than buy back on dip.
Activity: 45
Depending on how high, if it was in December it is clear that the best option was to sell, since such a huge bubble could not be maintained forever, but now I try to hodl more and if the price goes up I sell a little bit to get my investment back and continue in hodl until I see what happens.
Activity: 58
No way.... I can't sell 100% I'll sell some and hold some for I might not know what the next phase will be. Selling all might turn out to be a foolish idea and I am not ready to take it.
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
FABA-BREAK THROUGH IN VENTURE CAPITAL MARKET
I do not sell all 100%, only half, and the rest I invest in another promising coin!
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
I will not sell 100%...if I found 50% profit than I will sell 50% & hold remaining 50% for next pump.
If market goes red again then I will prefer to buy more coins instead of selling reaming 50% coins.
Activity: 462
Such times will be very loss if you hold, the best step I can do when profit is to sell everything then buy again later when their prices start low, or look for other opportunities in cheap but promising coins in the future.
Activity: 43
it's relies on the circumstance, in the event that I see my coins picked up a 100% benefit and im severely requiring fiat I will naturally offer all and change over in fiat. be that as it may, if the time that coin will achieve 100% benefit and I dont require fiat right now I will propose that you can pitch its half and change over to other stable altcoin. or on the other hand either offer abd buyback after it dumps in light of the fact that im almost certain that prefacing ventures has it second wave before it will stable the cost.
Activity: 476
Usually I sell 98% of them and keep 2%. Than I wait for price retrenchment to buy the coins. I usually don't sell all my coins whether the current price is low or not.
Activity: 448
The Protocol for the Audience Economy
When the market turns out to be a good profit, it's just necessary to fix the part in money. But definitely not 100%.
Activity: 602
Merit: 10
In that case, it seems that the profit is clear especially if it is big enough why should i hold but sell and work again to get another one. But it is always depend on you because it can be that you sell half and continue hold the other half.
Pages:
Jump to: