Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you sell 100% of your holdings when in profit or hodl? - page 9. (Read 2148 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 1
I would wait until the price doubled, after which I sold 50%, and the remaining 50% would be invested in altcoins!
Activity: 89
Merit: 0
Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

What are your opinions / tactics?

For the shorter term trades I would usually do the 90 / 10 split. 90% sell 10% hold, but it really depends on the coin, this mainly applies to something I think will have long term prospects, rather than quick in and out.

Activity: 266
Last year I used to sell whole portion of my bitcoin and and recently I busy some. And I will sell again when I will be benefitted.
Activity: 700
Merit: 250
to anticipate the increase back then sell some hoops and some for the long term. It would be pretty useful for some years when the increase will happen again. but see conditions should also do what else happened is considerable increases. When selling at this point certainly give profit large enough and certainly the geared up to buy more when prices began to fall.
Activity: 36
Great read on what other people are doing, I try my hardest to watch the market an try to buy low every time, its all mind games don't believe what your blockfolio is showing you, just think that youve bought at the right time for you and if you've chose the right coins to invest in don't worry about dips just buy a few more if you can, don't sell at loss this is the only way you lose.
Activity: 243
Merit: 10
I usually sell 50% of my coins and the other 50% i hold it.
I think maybe the price in the next day will higher so i hold my other half.
But if the price is high for me, i will sell my coins
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

i can not think about selling yet. I'm still trying to make a bit of bitcoins. my strategy is to hold and sell sometime in the future. maybe in 10 years or so. this is the best strategy for me personally because i am not a good trader.
Activity: 168
Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.
Of course i sell it all, It's a profit why not take it all. Remember the golden rule buy low sell high. As long as you make profit even it's a little it's still a profit.
Activity: 170
I always sell 100% when i reach my target profit. The cryptocurrency market is not stable so i must make safe my investment funds.
Activity: 798
By looking at the condition of the market which is currently falling. And I get the profit of it, of course, I will sell everything. With the market falling I'm sure to profit is very difficult. And now we have to do is hold the coins until the market recovered.
Activity: 126
today holding is not profitable. the market speaks for itself. for half a year, everything is so subsided that it is doubtful that it will return to the original
Activity: 373
Merit: 13
because I play safely and I am not a daily trader, I prefer to hold in the long run every cheap price I buy and if possible I buy a bit of bitcoin every month, my strategy of saving bitcoin is consistently holding in 3-5 years.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10

I usually try to sell only the investment and then "play" with the profit. This gives a certain peace of mind and allows bigger risk when investing the gains (for example into altcoins).
This is good idea. When we play with th profit only without main capital, we can trade with very confident without fear to loss.
In this stage, we are in good condition so do this is suggested. For me i will sell all mine then buy again in low or buy other good asset which is in low price.
Activity: 49
When the price of the cryptocurrency I hold rises by more than 20%, I usually sell them. If their prices fall, then I will hold them forever! (Maybe because I am a stubborn person, LOL)
Activity: 252
I'll sell it all because cryptocurrencies are volatile and we still have more opportunities to buy. So don't dwell on this opportunity. Any gain from each transaction is a success.
Activity: 1002
I will sell a part if it reaches the price I have expected to recover the amount I invested then I will analyze the graph, it will help me get a good decision to sell or hold.
Activity: 24

seeing 2018 market buy 6k and sold 8k will good .
Activity: 447
It depends on my expectation. If my expectation is at 8k, I will sell 100%. If 10k. I will sell 50%. In this case I will sell 100%.
Activity: 126
Nobody knows the price will go up or down. But in crypto you have to have the skills to improve profits, so I won't sell everything but I do it partially. for me this is a good strategy and has been very helpful.
Activity: 644
Merit: 103
sometimes ive sold all my hodling, but almost all my profit is still left on the coin, i just take enough money to cover my living cost
Pages:
Jump to: