Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you sell 100% of your holdings when in profit or hodl? - page 11. (Read 2148 times)

Activity: 263
Merit: 100
I am a supporter of the second tactics, when the part is still held. I always leave a chance that bitcoin can jump up a little more after the main jump.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
MYCRYPTOBANK.IO
In aspect of trading it's reasonable to sell your bitcoin when got 100% profits, as you could reinvest afterwards in other altcoins.
Unless you are believer or holder that's still waitting until bitcoin back to above $12k.
Activity: 308
Merit: 2
Look ARROUND!
I would sell most of my holding at a decent profit but I won't sell 100%, wait and see if the market goes further up I'd sell remaining as well and then wait for it to go down to buy again. In my opinion, buying/selling in parts is a lot better than doing it all once. that way you can create multiple entry/exit points and not all your holding could stuck in loss anytime.
Activity: 47
Merit: 0
Actually the tactics will depend on the holders of the coin. Such tactics will vary from person to person. I will sell 80% of the coins and then buy again when the price is low. Other can have different than me.
Activity: 602
Merit: 102
I choose to sell all 100% , don't lose the opportunity , collect the profit even not much , then you buy again when the price down.
Activity: 28
I think I will sell the whole it and buy when the price fall because I believe it will gain again. From my observing I saw lot of investor make huge profit because they buy when the price down. So I think it’s the best decision.
Selling 100% while having a negative balance is not good.
Activity: 224
I think I will sell the whole it and buy when the price fall because I believe it will gain again. From my observing I saw lot of investor make huge profit because they buy when the price down. So I think it’s the best decision.
Activity: 308
Merit: 10
Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

What are your opinions / tactics?
I think I will sell around 50%. If the price still go up, I will continue to sell around 25% more and hold the rest. If the price falls down less than 6K, I will buy it again by the money that I have from selling 50% BTC before that
Activity: 361
Merit: 101
Lets take the following example. You buy BTC at 6k and it goes up to 8K. Do you sell 100% of it or do you sell 75% and keep 25% in BTC.

It depends on a situation I am in. If I need a fast money I could sell all of my earnings at once. But, most of the times, Im keep some amount for the better days.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250

Generally I would sell such a quantity to cover my investment. And the rest of the coins will hold and I will wait for more profit. According to the market, I can sell some of them and invest them in another coin.
Activity: 182
Merit: 20
Diceroll.xyz
I always give the first priority to my capital. In your case mostly I sell 6K$ worth coin and hold remain 2k$. Just if I feel will give me more profit then sell 4k$ and take a risk with 4k$. But in the second case, it reaches 4k$ to 6k$. Surely I will again sell 2k$ and safe my initial capital. I used to sell part coins to just cover my initial capital and take the risk.  Cool
Activity: 2254
Merit: 658
Revolutionized copy gaming platform

For me, I think it really depends on the situation and how much tokens I am holding. Let’s say if that specific token is going all the way down, I would cash out all of them since I am in profit. However, if the tokens are mooning a lot, I would just sell half of it and hold the remaining ones for the long term. Just my two sats.
Activity: 336
Merit: 55
It actually depends on the flow and volume of trading. You also have to turn on your instinct if there are a big fish around who is actively trading. Most of the time, I am only selling 50% and using one of the 50% for either buy back or a sell for a higher profit. Well, the most effective trade i am doing is only trading my 20% funds in the market.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Sell a half and keep holding the other half when I am already got good profit. Therefore if the price keep moving up we still have a chance to collect the other profit. But if the price goes down, at least we already sell the half of it.
Activity: 350
I usually keep until the moment when the prices will suit me and sell some of my savings and the rest I save
Activity: 602
Merit: 106
sometimes, i always sell everything if it's hit the profit like 160% or more, and sometime i hold the first investment and sell the profit, so i can calculate how many profit that i got from those assets. it's depend on my mood though  Grin
Activity: 252
Merit: 12
I do sell 100% when i know its going down but to be safer i keep the 75% and rebuy at the bottom the 25% of my holding so when it will pump again i will do that again And i will hold my profit with another coin.
Activity: 154
it depends on the coins and my strategy for the coin, if it is a coin i plan to hold for a very long time, I won't sell it, I will leave it, but if it is a coin, i am holding for a gain, then I will sell it off and invest in another coin.
Activity: 158
ONe Social Network
Unfortunately, I have not yet achieved this, but I think that I would sell everything and not think more about long-term investments in this coin!
Activity: 140
I am a crypto trader and when i make such gain, I won't waste time but to sell it immediately because that is a massive gain comparing the bear market condition, I will sell and invest in another coin.
Pages:
Jump to: