Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you trust ERC20 tokens? - page 36. (Read 4714 times)

Activity: 21
Merit: 0
May 31, 2018, 08:41:30 AM
ERC20 tokens are built on ethereum network and that makes it good and easy to use.  Since ethereum is a trusted coin it there means that erc20 token are trusted.
Activity: 882
Merit: 102
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
May 30, 2018, 02:34:24 PM
Last year in early december I bought eBitcoin token which turned out to be a scam. Luckily for me I sold them before the ePRX snapshot but alot others have made losses. I really believed this token would be a succes but I've realized that alot of these ERC20 tokens have the same things in common. The devs (or better said scammers) create alot of hype and pretend their token to be the real deal while they never intended to create a working product. I've thought about investing in tokens like Credits and Elixir but I'm afraid they are all the same kind of scam.

Do you trust them?
You can´t judge by one case.
ERC-20 standard is mainly used due to its simplicity.
It is easy to create a new token, it is also easy to use it, where do you see the problem?
Activity: 40
May 30, 2018, 12:19:32 PM
yes I believe the ICO after I read their whitepaper, there I found their plans, their team members, roadmap and so on, besides I also see reviews according to others, such as the size of their rating. it can all be observed from ICO BENCH and so forth.
Activity: 658
Merit: 500
May 30, 2018, 02:28:24 PM
I believe erc20 because many are already using that platform. ICO projects all use erc20 as a token platform that will be sold ico project. why you hesitate?

I hope you understand what these tokens are for, they are just like a gift card or coupons, it has no real value, I use to look at most of these ERC20 tokens and think that in coming months most of them would be 0 in value, unless the project have a real good use for them and a working platform I have no trust in them for now
Activity: 453
Merit: 250
May 30, 2018, 02:14:13 PM
Last year in early december I bought eBitcoin token which turned out to be a scam. Luckily for me I sold them before the ePRX snapshot but alot others have made losses. I really believed this token would be a succes but I've realized that alot of these ERC20 tokens have the same things in common. The devs (or better said scammers) create alot of hype and pretend their token to be the real deal while they never intended to create a working product. I've thought about investing in tokens like Credits and Elixir but I'm afraid they are all the same kind of scam.

Do you trust them?
Sure, there is no problem with ERC20 tokens. Only risk is that you get trapped into a scam project, but this will not happen with proper due dilligence. And ERC tokens highly depend on the ETH protocol. If it fails all ERC tokens will also fail
Activity: 87
May 30, 2018, 12:14:12 PM
Yes, I actually trust ERC20 tokens even if there were some tokens that didnot have any value. One thing also, these shit scammers using ERC20 is the one reason why the credibility of ERC20 is being questioned by some.
Activity: 50
May 30, 2018, 12:11:29 PM
The cost of the Erc20 token is very low, and of course there are some valuable projects, such as the very popular EOS, which is also used as a token, but it is soon to be replaced.
Activity: 535
Merit: 100
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
May 30, 2018, 12:09:22 PM
yes, I still trust erc20 tokens, not all of them are scam, but most of erc20 token is being built to scam people, they make a lot of erc20 token without value. but its doesnt mean that erc20 token are scam.
Activity: 532
Merit: 165
May 30, 2018, 12:01:30 PM
And how can you not trust the ERC22 tokens, if almost all bounties use this platform to create their assets. But the scammers are everywhere, you need to be careful
Activity: 210
Merit: 2
May 30, 2018, 11:57:03 AM
I believe erc20 because many are already using that platform. ICO projects all use erc20 as a token platform that will be sold ico project. why you hesitate?
Activity: 112
May 30, 2018, 11:55:16 AM

Do you trust them?

for me the ERC20 can be trusted because if the bounties you have to offer you is your address only because I know it's a different wallet so the ERC20 bitcoin wallet is saffe.
Activity: 475
Merit: 251
VTOS
May 30, 2018, 11:48:18 AM
I think erc20 tokens are one of the most important things what made eth, Ethereum.. (You get meaning)
Do erc20 tokens work? Yeah they work great, you can trade them, you can use them etc. They are pretty much safest innovation in scene.
Activity: 308
Merit: 12
May 30, 2018, 11:43:01 AM
And what is there besides the ERC 20 tokens? Nothing. If you see tokens on waves, the chance that this Scam is even greater. It's not about the platform,it's about the people, who use the platform for ico and the goals, they want to achieve.
Activity: 275
Merit: 1
May 30, 2018, 11:42:33 AM
Yes because if you don't no one will ever trust them. But the bottom line here is to choose the best among the thousandths if choices. ERC20 tokens are very risky to serve as an investment because there is no assurance that your money will ever be able to earn profit. But that's just one fact, we invest even though there is a risk that's what a true investment is.
Activity: 1134
Merit: 342
May 30, 2018, 11:40:23 AM
I think it's definitely a reliable infrastructure. Many projects use Ethereum's ERC protocol to address their own field. They do not have time to develop a new network on this.
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
May 30, 2018, 11:39:53 AM
Scam projects can be everywhere. ERC20 token is just now very popular, respectively, and there are more scammers. Tokens to which I have doubts I try very quickly sell. I advise you to do the same.
Activity: 350
Merit: 10
May 30, 2018, 11:39:16 AM
I think the Infrastructure itself is tested and functioning without fatal accident, And for individual tokens, yes, I agree because I believe the token erc20 but not most of them, because some of these thousands of projects will be useful in our community and the challenge is to take apples which is good from this bunch of baskets, but we do not have to invest in something we do not want. fully conscious so that we can prevent big losses with your investment because there are many ICO scams today.
Make sure the ERC20 card is getting great trust from the community and the services that are using ETH. ERC20 is also the largest platform and is being used a lot in new ICO projects, it has helped cryptocurrency to come closer to life and people.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
May 30, 2018, 11:38:54 AM

Do you trust them?

Even if many of the ERC20 tokens are legitimate, that doesn’t mean that they will be successful. So the bottom line is you have to research the project you are interested in before investing.

I’ve seen a few ERC20 tokens that don’t have very good websites and even have spelling errors on them. To me these are red flags that this token doesn’t have much of a development team behind it.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 121
May 30, 2018, 11:33:47 AM
I think ERC-20 tokens have perspective future, because have very big amount projects which work on Ethereum network
Activity: 284
Merit: 10
May 30, 2018, 11:32:44 AM
I trust the platform and the tech just not people.
Pages:
Jump to: