Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you trust ERC20 tokens? - page 43. (Read 4714 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 10
Protocol and Token to Reinvent Skill Validation
May 02, 2018, 04:50:58 PM
Though you are right most of these ICOs are scams,we shouldnt be closing our doors to these tokens there are still few projects that offers something new and useful in our community which is why we shouldnt be underestimating these tokens,though it is doubtful right now as theres a hack incident  in ethereum's wallet few days ago it should be trusted still.
Activity: 308
May 02, 2018, 04:48:07 PM
Last year in early december I bought eBitcoin token which turned out to be a scam. Luckily for me I sold them before the ePRX snapshot but alot others have made losses. I really believed this token would be a succes but I've realized that alot of these ERC20 tokens have the same things in common. The devs (or better said scammers) create alot of hype and pretend their token to be the real deal while they never intended to create a working product. I've thought about investing in tokens like Credits and Elixir but I'm afraid they are all the same kind of scam.

Do you trust them?

Ethereum is one of the ERC20 tokens and the price is still growing in the market so it actually depending on the coin if it has potential or not because bitcoins do not have developers today and the price was still increasing.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1656
May 02, 2018, 04:47:04 PM
Focus on projects where the team has a great reputation and a proven track record, and where you can verify they are actively involved with the project by personally reaching out to them.
Activity: 151
Merit: 3
THE ONE STOP SOLUTION FOR THE CRYPTO WORLD
May 02, 2018, 04:44:24 PM
Last year in early december I bought eBitcoin token which turned out to be a scam. Luckily for me I sold them before the ePRX snapshot but alot others have made losses. I really believed this token would be a succes but I've realized that alot of these ERC20 tokens have the same things in common. The devs (or better said scammers) create alot of hype and pretend their token to be the real deal while they never intended to create a working product. I've thought about investing in tokens like Credits and Elixir but I'm afraid they are all the same kind of scam.

Do you trust them?

It's dangerous to invest in things that don't offer good incentives for growth... Any payment crypto now has to present a serious use cases to be valid or else it's just nonsense... Utility tokens are the real deal
Activity: 868
Merit: 252
May 02, 2018, 04:43:45 PM
Well actually I do not trust the ERC20 token because it's a lot of devs who take advantage of the ease of making the token ERC20 by fraud, especially if we follow a project that has no clear vision and mission and you can follow eBitcoin really funny if Bitcoin name uses token erc20 when many projects are clearly potential in this forum in sub altcoin there you are free to do analysis which project you will follow.
Activity: 364
Merit: 21
May 02, 2018, 04:39:49 PM
The infrastructure itself is tested and works without fatal crashes. And as for individual tokens, yes, I agree that horrible slag comes across, sometimes even spam tokens arrive.
Activity: 210
May 02, 2018, 04:37:00 PM
I do trust erc20 tokens but not most of them,because few of these thousands projects are going to be useful in our community and the challenge is to pick those good apples out from these bunch of baskets,you shouldnt be investing into something that you arent fully aware of so that you can prevent big losses with your investments as theres a lot of scam ICOs nowadays.
Activity: 476
Merit: 17
May 02, 2018, 04:30:51 PM
There is already a Youtube tutorial in how to create an ERC20 token. It is not about the token that you should be asking about.
It is about the project in it. Even if it is under NEM or under Waves, they will all just be tokens without the real project as the backbone of it. There are too many tokens now so better be wary with what you will pick next time.
I completely agree, this topic is slightly incorrectly formulated and therefore misleads some. Fraud has no boundaries and spheres of human activity in which it would not exist. The ERC20 standard itself is well protected by cryptography and has not been hacked to anyone yet. And projects for investment should be chosen carefully, so as not to buy a useless token.
Activity: 158
May 02, 2018, 04:24:41 PM
Yes, I trust. The ERC-20 tokens are used in many areas. For example, they can act as project shares, certificates of ownership of assets, loyalty points or net cryptocurrencies.
Activity: 206
Merit: 2
May 02, 2018, 04:19:35 PM
why ? there is great erc20 tokens like wepower etc and daicos can stop scam projects
Activity: 261
Merit: 105
May 02, 2018, 04:19:29 PM
Of course I trust them. Many companies trust them. I think that the problems are snatched up rather by competitors on this platform than the real problems. At the moment this is the best application for storing tokens, no matter what
Activity: 182
May 02, 2018, 04:17:07 PM

Do you trust them?
I dont trust most of the developers,as well as these tokens because new projects nowadays are scams which is why i am strictly picking good projects from these bunch of ICOs,giving me good accuracy when it comes picking good investments.I dont usually going to invest to something that i am not fully aware of because i do believe in researching.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
May 02, 2018, 04:03:38 PM
There is already a Youtube tutorial in how to create an ERC20 token. It is not about the token that you should be asking about.
It is about the project in it.
Activity: 350
Merit: 133
SIMPLE SHOPPING AND SAFE PAY
May 02, 2018, 04:02:55 PM
Personally, I certainly believe in ERC20 tokens, most promising projects come out exactly on this platform! For example, in NEO good projects very rarely go out (for example, NEX). In the near future the etherium will retain its leading position, new blockchain projects will be released at the ERC20!
Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
May 02, 2018, 04:01:51 PM

Do you trust them?

There are plenty of bad coins out there regardless of whether they are ERC20 tokens or not. There are also some that appear to be really good ERC20 tokens like EOS, Tron, and VeChain which I have invested in.

I think your strategy should be to research any token you are interested in including looking at the development team, funding, etc. and base you decision on that rather than whether it is an ERC20 token or not.

Would you invest in Oyster?

It’s funny that you ask because I do own a small amount of Oyster. It’s unusual because it’s an ERC20 token but uses the IOTA Tangle for storage. I don’t know exactly how that will work but I bought some because I am a fan of IOTA and thought Oyster might have potential. I’m a little disappointed that Oyster has dropped some in value since I bought it.

To answer your question, Oyster probably would not be on the top of my list to buy, but if you have a bunch of money in some more well known and established coins, this may be one of those extra ones you buy just in case it takes off one day.
Activity: 257
Merit: 11
May 02, 2018, 03:48:23 PM
I do trust ethereum tokens,but only for those tokens which has some good use,most of these projects are being based on er20 tokens which is why most of those projects that are turning into scams are from ethereum based tokens,it doesnt mean that these tokens are scams as most of the scammers are using these tokens to raise funds from these noob investors.
Activity: 212
Merit: 1
May 02, 2018, 03:42:37 PM
It is important not what kind of token it is, but who issued it and for what the purpose of this token. Some ERC-20 tokens have a huge capitalization and are clearly not like a scam.
Activity: 280
May 02, 2018, 03:40:10 PM
All tokens created on the basis of Ethereum can be trusted. It is necessary only to study projects and development teams in detail in order to avoid scammers.
Activity: 56
Merit: 1
May 02, 2018, 02:57:37 PM

Do you trust them?

There are plenty of bad coins out there regardless of whether they are ERC20 tokens or not. There are also some that appear to be really good ERC20 tokens like EOS, Tron, and VeChain which I have invested in.

I think your strategy should be to research any token you are interested in including looking at the development team, funding, etc. and base you decision on that rather than whether it is an ERC20 token or not.

Would you invest in Oyster?
Activity: 301
Merit: 11
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
May 02, 2018, 02:51:43 PM
Scam projects are almost everywhere but it doesnt mean that all of these erc20 tokens are scams,you should be doing a lot of research before investing to anything so that you wont be joining these scam projects,because most of these ICOs are scams that is why most of the tokens erc20 surely are going to have the most scam projects.
Pages:
Jump to: