Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you trust ERC20 tokens? - page 44. (Read 4714 times)

Activity: 693
Merit: 120
May 02, 2018, 02:32:00 PM
Last year in early december I bought eBitcoin token which turned out to be a scam. Luckily for me I sold them before the ePRX snapshot but alot others have made losses. I really believed this token would be a succes but I've realized that alot of these ERC20 tokens have the same things in common. The devs (or better said scammers) create alot of hype and pretend their token to be the real deal while they never intended to create a working product. I've thought about investing in tokens like Credits and Elixir but I'm afraid they are all the same kind of scam.

Do you trust them?
I trust many erc20 tokens but a lot of them are just scams or failures(maybe 90% of the tokens).If you are looking for good tokens to invest you can check Helex project, Rebl, Equal, SgPay and many more..
Activity: 280
Merit: 28
May 02, 2018, 02:28:54 PM
I believe that we can`t talk about ERC20 tokens as a single phenomenon. All tokens are different and before we can say whether we trust them or not, it is necessary to study their specific features. Any project can be a fraud whether it ERC20 a token or something else. Your trust should be based on the facts analyzed by you - the team, the idea, the sponsors, the representation on the exchanges. If you see that these criteria meet your requirements, then you can trust this token.
Activity: 126
Merit: 0
May 02, 2018, 02:23:32 PM
why not? if the project is good and team is trustful what is wrong with having their erc20 tokens. if you buy a hardware wallet to store them i think you are very safe (not totally ofcourse).
Activity: 1008
Merit: 510
May 02, 2018, 02:20:53 PM
Last year in early december I bought eBitcoin token which turned out to be a scam. Luckily for me I sold them before the ePRX snapshot but alot others have made losses. I really believed this token would be a succes but I've realized that alot of these ERC20 tokens have the same things in common. The devs (or better said scammers) create alot of hype and pretend their token to be the real deal while they never intended to create a working product. I've thought about investing in tokens like Credits and Elixir but I'm afraid they are all the same kind of scam.

Do you trust them?

There are plenty of bad coins out there regardless of whether they are ERC20 tokens or not. There are also some that appear to be really good ERC20 tokens like EOS, Tron, and VeChain which I have invested in.

I think your strategy should be to research any token you are interested in including looking at the development team, funding, etc. and base you decision on that rather than whether it is an ERC20 token or not.
Activity: 26
May 02, 2018, 02:19:59 PM
Trust, but verify, as the old saying goes is the best philosophy!  Cool
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
May 02, 2018, 02:08:13 PM
The first time I hear these tokens, I would advise investing in better known ones, since they have a more successful team.
Activity: 448
May 02, 2018, 02:03:34 PM
Erc20  brought billions of dollars to Ethereum Blockchain and Ethereum smart contract emerged as one of the fastest growing smart contract got entire Blockchain space and helpful for many industries as well
Activity: 47
May 02, 2018, 02:00:27 PM

Do you trust them?
im not trusting anyone, always think that all is scam so im not holdint tokens, but just selling if price is good,that why im not affraid each day lootking what is happening to my tokens =) holding only real coins on their on blockchain
Activity: 238
May 02, 2018, 01:53:41 PM
it's so sadly for know on Youtube there is tutorial in how to create an ERC20 token.
but i'm still trust the ERC20 tokens for carefully, you need see more about the projects not the token. pay attention to whitepaper, team, softcap, hardcap, allocation, etc.
you'll be more safe to scam projects
Activity: 479
Merit: 100
May 02, 2018, 01:48:24 PM
yea there are many good ERC20. But besides that, there are a lot of tokens generated to scam. I believe a few ERC20 but not all
Activity: 52
May 02, 2018, 01:45:45 PM
Like with everything in Crypto, it really depends on the coin and the team. As far as security, I've read of some tokens that have had flaws. Like the ability for the creator to generate more tokens.
Activity: 420
Merit: 1
May 02, 2018, 01:42:08 PM
I say 50/50 im gonna trust them when the project is good, and realistic. Sa sad for all those investors who losses their money on scam tokens.
Activity: 504
Merit: 19
May 02, 2018, 01:39:53 PM
There are big % of scam, but there are enough good projects too, i think, in the short future, scam icos will disappear
Activity: 1004
Merit: 111
May 02, 2018, 01:37:01 PM
It is not about ERC20 token or what ever it is, maybe NEP5??
well it is not about that! but the potential and the project that the team will go out.
there are so many tokens and coins now and what we must have to know is the project prospect and potential of it.
not that way ok?
Activity: 182
May 02, 2018, 01:35:51 PM

Do you trust them?
Got eBTC too but luckiliy i dumped those tokens as soon as it hits the exchanges,that is why i am not one of those people who got rekt by that scam,erc20 tokens are commonly used by these ICOs that is why most of these tokens are scams as most of the new projects are just created to raise funds ,after the developers got millions in their pocket they will eventually going to abandon the project.
Activity: 71
May 02, 2018, 01:28:14 PM
I've thought about investing in tokens like Credits and Elixir but I'm afraid they are all the same kind of scam.

By the way a good choice in my opinion Smiley
The ERC20 standard is basically a specific set of functions which developers must use in their tokens to make them ERC20 compliant.Most DAPP developers are encouraged to follow the standards to ensure that their tokens can undergo interactions with various wallets, exchanges and smart contracts without any issues. ERC20 tokens have gotten widespread approval and most of the DAPPS sold on ICO’s have tokens based on the ERC20 standard.
Activity: 121
May 02, 2018, 01:28:09 PM
In fact, I do not know how a different company, but Credits can not be a scam, I certainly hope for it, because I have some coins myself
Activity: 294
May 02, 2018, 01:22:43 PM
I do not think all the ERC20 token is phishing. Statistics released in early 2018, most of the Token released to the market are used on the ERC20 platform. In the future this technology will dominate the market and will be the best platform for developing new Token. There are many good tokens coming up from the ERC20 platform that are important to you to choose a good project.
Activity: 368
Merit: 107
May 02, 2018, 01:16:12 PM
Some ICO currently do business, all others are scam. In reality, those who do not have a realistic value are scams. Open your eyes and invest ERC20. I trust ERC20.
Activity: 665
Merit: 114
#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE
May 02, 2018, 01:15:47 PM
not all erc20 is scam, some of it does, but not all of them,you can see erc20 tokens in the market that is so valuable. erc20 or the smart contract is an easy way to make a new coin, that's why it is being used to create even shitcoins.
Pages:
Jump to: