Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you trust ERC20 tokens? - page 41. (Read 4714 times)

Activity: 1666
Merit: 629
May 06, 2018, 04:30:44 AM
Last year in early december I bought eBitcoin token which turned out to be a scam. Luckily for me I sold them before the ePRX snapshot but alot others have made losses. I really believed this token would be a succes but I've realized that alot of these ERC20 tokens have the same things in common. The devs (or better said scammers) create alot of hype and pretend their token to be the real deal while they never intended to create a working product. I've thought about investing in tokens like Credits and Elixir but I'm afraid they are all the same kind of scam.

Do you trust them?

When I think about it in general, yes, I trust, but unfortunately I can not trust all the projects if I do a project review. We can not trust every project, such as the fact that there are a lot of projects nowadays, some of these projects can not reach the purpose or the fraud project comes out. But you have to feed the occasional successful projects. Indeed, we rarely see successful and profitable projects.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
May 06, 2018, 04:25:38 AM
yes of course I am very confident with ERC20 that has a very good product development and useful in the future because for now there are some ERC20 that does not have a very good project so you should be able to choose and avoid ERC20 project like that so you do not get loss.
Activity: 574
Merit: 15
May 06, 2018, 04:22:02 AM
Most of the projects after ending ICO lose interest in their project and stop its development, I would advise selling ERC-20 tokens at the first take-off of its price and transferring funds to the newest blockchain platforms.
Activity: 182
Merit: 2
May 03, 2018, 03:30:28 PM
Yes, I trust in ERC20 tokens, I sometimes don't trust some ICO, but if you understand anything in ICO you can read roadmap, whitepaper, speak with team project and if you are sure you can invest in!
Activity: 414
Merit: 102
May 03, 2018, 03:03:11 PM
All type of tokens can be scam. That’s why should check if the team already have any kind of working product before we invest. We should invest in the product, not in the idea. But even after all the checks it can still turn out to be scam. This is the risk of investment in ICO. We accept this risk knowing that the profit can be high
Activity: 78
Merit: 1
May 03, 2018, 02:48:29 PM
Currently many ERC20 purse has been hacked. I have not determined how they penetrated and hijacked our private key, but my friend was hacked and robbed of all the tokens in the wallet. so be careful.
Activity: 368
Merit: 18
May 03, 2018, 01:05:01 PM
Yes I do trust them but you should only choose what to trust because most of the alt-coins would turn out to be scam,
Specially if they aren't listed in any trading platform and some of then even when they got listed would turn out to be a shit coin.
Activity: 321
May 03, 2018, 01:03:07 PM
I think you want to ask if we trust ICO because every token sold is an ERC20 so there is no point talking about it. I personally trust them and I think you can choose a lot of them that are not scam if you are looking for the right things. The token you bought last year, eBitcoin has a suspicious name that is related to bitcoin and that's surely not a good thing from my opinion. I don't know about the project but I am pretty sure you didn't spend much time to analyze it enough in order to find out if it's scam
Activity: 378
dApps Development Automation Platform
May 03, 2018, 12:58:13 PM
I think you can trust only bitcoin. The rest of all coins no longer deserve your trust.Therefore, most of the money I keep in bitcoin
It seems to me that there are a lot of good and reliable coins besides bitcoin. For example ETH. This coin has proven itself well. And I trust ERC20 tokens.
Merit: 10
May 03, 2018, 12:54:04 PM
I think there is no reason why we can not trust the erc20 tokens. I think there are reliable and beautiful coins out there. even what we need to do is not to stand up to them but to follow them closely.
Activity: 336
Merit: 1
May 03, 2018, 12:53:01 PM
I do not think that it depends on the ERC20 tokens. First of all, it depends on the development team and the idea that they are developing.
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
May 03, 2018, 12:51:31 PM
In this case you should be more careful for investing in ICO, Many ERC20 tokens are valuable and there are only a few that are scam. I think ERC20 is the best with smart contract.
Activity: 168
Merit: 0
May 03, 2018, 12:43:16 PM
Last year in early december I bought eBitcoin token which turned out to be a scam. Luckily for me I sold them before the ePRX snapshot but alot others have made losses. I really believed this token would be a succes but I've realized that alot of these ERC20 tokens have the same things in common. The devs (or better said scammers) create alot of hype and pretend their token to be the real deal while they never intended to create a working product. I've thought about investing in tokens like Credits and Elixir but I'm afraid they are all the same kind of scam.

Do you trust them?
Friend, you need to be very attentive to the choice of ICO for investment. Among them there are very good and promising ICO projects. To learn how to analyze the ICO, I recommend reading on the forum good topics about it. People write a lot of useful things. Here is a good checklist.
it: I use: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.28918101
Fast, Smart, Trustworthy
May 03, 2018, 12:37:53 PM
No way, I can only believe it, because 80% of my altcoins are ERC20 tokens, and the tokens on the exchange are almost all ERC20 tokens,you always inevitably buy and trade them. Although ERC20 tokens have too many scams.
Activity: 2142
Merit: 424
May 03, 2018, 12:34:54 PM
There are too much erc20 tokens. Some token is trusly some token is scam. İ trust some erc20 tokens. For example ins bnb omg.
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
May 03, 2018, 12:30:50 PM
I do not trust, but new projects give me the opportunity to invest! ERC20 is a good opportunity to ICO, I can invest more safely!
Activity: 185
Merit: 3
May 03, 2018, 12:26:00 PM

Do you trust them?

It isn't at the type of coin you will refer its legitimacy. ERC-20 or ERC-223, it doesn't matter if you know the project you're currently investing at. Credits has some fair reviews on it, I think it would be reasonable to drop a coin into it quite some time.
Activity: 140
OPEN GAMING PLATFORM
May 03, 2018, 12:23:31 PM

Do you trust them?
  So now there are a lot of tokens that go out on the ERC20 platform and then turn out to be a lohotron. But I think if you carefully choose a project for investment then you will not fall into a fraudulent project. In addition to bad tokens on this platform, there are also a lot of good tokens that are very useful to people.
legendary
Activity: 1778
Merit: 1026
Free WSPU2 Token or real dollars
May 03, 2018, 10:12:52 AM
ERC20 tokens are built on ethereum network and that makes it good and easy to use.  Since ethereum is a trusted coin it there means that erc20 token are trusted.

You are right.
The problem is not the ERC20 token,it is the ERC20 creator.

And if the creator is honest,it does not mean that the project is successful.
Activity: 285
Merit: 11
quarkchain.io
May 03, 2018, 09:35:38 AM
ERC20 tokens are built on ethereum network and that makes it good and easy to use.  Since ethereum is a trusted coin it there means that erc20 token are trusted.
Pages:
Jump to: