Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you trust ERC20 tokens? - page 42. (Read 4714 times)

Activity: 56
Merit: 1
May 03, 2018, 08:56:16 AM
Anyone here thinks Oyster is scam?
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149
https://bitcoincleanup.com/
May 02, 2018, 06:47:05 PM
Last year in early december I bought eBitcoin token which turned out to be a scam. Luckily for me I sold them before the ePRX snapshot but alot others have made losses. I really believed this token would be a succes but I've realized that alot of these ERC20 tokens have the same things in common. The devs (or better said scammers) create alot of hype and pretend their token to be the real deal while they never intended to create a working product. I've thought about investing in tokens like Credits and Elixir but I'm afraid they are all the same kind of scam.

Do you trust them?

Scammers will always scam whichever platform they may use so do not single out erc20 tokens. Every project (legit or scam) is expected to market their own product to create "hype" if you may call it in order to be noticed.
Activity: 602
Merit: 262
May 02, 2018, 06:43:49 PM
As it's very easy to create a ERC20 token (you can find tutorials in few seconds), many scammers use them in their "projects".
With big promises to bounty hunters, they can create hype and earn big money in fake ICOs, and then send useless tokens without real project.
Maybe we can check ICO rating sites to avoid scams...but even them can be cheated.

Savedroid gave a big lesson to lots of people with their fake-scam buzz. (or is it real-scam???)

This is really true most ico project (ethereum based) are 90% scam because right now creating your own  token are make easy but still theres a few erc20 token that boom in the market and list in some big exchange site all you need is to do research carefully before entering in that project.
Activity: 658
Merit: 153
May 02, 2018, 06:38:36 PM
I am trust ethereum, ethereum vey good coin with erc20 tokens. I actually trust Vitalik. He is very smart
Activity: 672
Merit: 22
May 02, 2018, 06:36:34 PM
As it's very easy to create a ERC20 token (you can find tutorials in few seconds), many scammers use them in their "projects".
With big promises to bounty hunters, they can create hype and earn big money in fake ICOs, and then send useless tokens without real project.
Maybe we can check ICO rating sites to avoid scams...but even them can be cheated.

Savedroid gave a big lesson to lots of people with their fake-scam buzz. (or is it real-scam???)
Activity: 294
Merit: 106
May 02, 2018, 06:34:55 PM
With the help of cash, thousands of crimes are committed every day, this does not mean that the reason for this money and money should be canceled. So with the ERC20 standard, it was created for general use. And not for scammers. But scammers are looking for different ways to deceive people. In the cryptosphere, there is little real experience. Scammers try to use this.
Activity: 242
Merit: 10
CRYPTASSIST.io
May 02, 2018, 06:33:15 PM
I think you can trust only bitcoin. The rest of all coins no longer deserve your trust.Therefore, most of the money I keep in bitcoin
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
MOBU
May 02, 2018, 06:30:09 PM
You should be trustin erc20 if you are holding ethereum,because if you dont you shouldnt be holding ethereum in your portfolio.I wont be going to trust these scam projects,but it doesnt mean that we shouldnt be closing our hands to these tokens because few of these tokens are useful to our community,a lot of erc20 tokens are indeed created to scam people but not all of them.

Fraudulent projects are a lot, but this is not an indicator of the platform and its performance. You should trust the platform Ethereum and tokens ERC-20. Since this platform creates a massive number of projects that will be applicable in the real sector and will be in demand. Over time, I think many projects will be removed from the blockchain, and only significant tokens will remain!
Merit: 100
Tokenize Fantasy Sports
May 02, 2018, 06:29:35 PM
I trust in ERC20 token although there are a lot of scam ERC20 token Smiley). But these scam tokens are the products of scam project and it seem like never being listed on any exchange so I think I no need to worry about them cause I'm a trader and holder so I only trade and hold truthworthy token already listed on truthworthy exchange Smiley).
Merit: 11
WAWLLET - World’s first multi-asset wallet
May 02, 2018, 06:26:25 PM
Last year in early december I bought eBitcoin token which turned out to be a scam. Luckily for me I sold them before the ePRX snapshot but alot others have made losses. I really believed this token would be a succes but I've realized that alot of these ERC20 tokens have the same things in common. The devs (or better said scammers) create alot of hype and pretend their token to be the real deal while they never intended to create a working product. I've thought about investing in tokens like Credits and Elixir but I'm afraid they are all the same kind of scam.

Do you trust them?

If we are talking about ERC20 technology - today it's the most popular representative of Blockchain 2.0 features. And concerning thousands of noname ERC20 tokens - it's up to you which coin or token to invest, which has nothing to do with particular blockchain technology.
Activity: 196
Merit: 3
May 02, 2018, 06:25:59 PM

Do you trust them?

The scammed project or coin doesnt depend on the ERc20. ERC20 is a platform in which it making sure that the tokens or coins are transferable in all exchanges or wallet. The scam thing is based on the developers..
Activity: 518
May 02, 2018, 06:24:40 PM
Why can't they be trusted ?) a lot of good tokens now , there are very cool projects.  the system is completely good and has almost no analogues )
Activity: 174
Private Banking & Trading Platform: Wealth Managem
May 02, 2018, 06:24:11 PM
You should be trustin erc20 if you are holding ethereum,because if you dont you shouldnt be holding ethereum in your portfolio.I wont be going to trust these scam projects,but it doesnt mean that we shouldnt be closing our hands to these tokens because few of these tokens are useful to our community,a lot of erc20 tokens are indeed created to scam people but not all of them.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
May 02, 2018, 06:21:58 PM
I do trust generally because ERC20 is just a platform. Product, team and whitepaper are much more important in determining a project's quality.
Activity: 166
May 02, 2018, 06:16:29 PM
Of course, I do, it really depends on the fact that you will choose ERC20, I support those who are active in the token as they always update us, and we can see development with which we can tell that such ERC20 will have a future.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 535
May 02, 2018, 06:14:22 PM
Like with everything in Crypto, it really depends on the coin and the team. As far as security, I've read of some tokens that have had flaws. Like the ability for the creator to generate more tokens.
There is much greater flaws with the erc20 tokens, probably we have seen many hacks in the past simply because of the issues created by their development flaws and each token strength depends upon how well the developers are coding the token, if there is a developmental flaw the entire network will suffer.
Activity: 182
Revolutionising Marketing and Loyalty
May 02, 2018, 05:24:57 PM

Do you trust them?
I couldnt disagree that most of these projects are turning into scams which is why theres no doubt there are going to be less investors in the near future,as most of these new projects doesnt have good concept or it is good to be true but we shouldnt be closing our doors with these token based projects because some of these might be still useful to our community we just need to filter these projects to prevent scam potentials.
Activity: 204
May 02, 2018, 05:20:50 PM
I am trusting erc20 tokens as i fully trust ethereum platform,not all of these tokens are worthless but i can clearly say most of these are trash and the main challenge is to filter it out which of these projects are going to be massive and which of these tokens are going to be worthless that is why we should be spending a lot of time on researching so that we can avoid scam projects.
Activity: 532
Merit: 0
May 02, 2018, 05:02:12 PM
I don't believed if a project make use of ERC20 or Coins... As we all know that most project out there are fakes even... the one who intend not to be a scam project but.... As time goes on they run away with investors money.... But I can say that I still trust ERC20 because when we look at the market there are allots of token... Which have become successful... So all you have to know is that market is all about risking and also don't invest with money you can't afford to loss.
Activity: 227
Merit: 1
May 02, 2018, 05:00:00 PM
Not all erc20 token turned scam. Not all developers are doing the same thing by not creating a solution with their tokens. Look at IHT token project based on erc20, looks like build with care and love that has real-life deals. I trust a project by looking at its behaviour, no matter if it's erc20 or anything else.
Pages:
Jump to: