Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you trust ICO Rating sites? - page 12. (Read 9106 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 251
MOBU - FUTURE OF SECURITY TOKENS
October 16, 2018, 02:29:06 PM
They seem biased to me. A friend of mine who's doing an ICO told me that they paid 10ETH for 5 quality ratings and that's that! I noticed that some ICOs with good project, team, and good social media presence are struggling with getting good reviews.

With all that said, should it still be a factor to look at when investing in ICO?

I never take into consideration ICO ratings when choosing ICO to invest in. I'm pretty sure that all about money. Those ICOs at the top are just the ones who paid fixed price to be there. And it has nothing to do with actual rating of the ICO, its quality and worthiness of your investings. 
Activity: 579
Merit: 102
October 16, 2018, 02:25:25 PM
In my opinion, services that review projects are a very useful platform since these people specifically engage in this activity, have a certain range of connections and opportunities for checking information and much more, and in principle I trust these platforms and check any project with
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
October 16, 2018, 10:46:15 AM
Yes.
I also trust ICO rating sites to know who always support for their project and ico ratings will know if the project is legit.
But most of ico rating sites is not true and fake I think they just putting it for programming for their sites to attract investors.
Activity: 490
Merit: 11
Revolutionizing Crypto Payment Solutions
October 15, 2018, 12:43:22 AM
The ICO Rating site is not my benchmark in making a decision. I use the site to help me in knowing the quality of the project that is being, or I will go right. Apart from the ICO rating site, I also need to dig up information from several other sources, until the information I have is truly valid.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
October 15, 2018, 12:04:53 AM
Ranked ICO is very useful because I often find the project through the website. Ranked ICO, has its disadvantages and advantages. That is definitely a quality project is going to get a good ranking. But we have to do some checking because this is very important.
Activity: 2716
Merit: 904
October 14, 2018, 11:47:07 PM
Not all ICO trust ratings is helpful, you also must do all the research also on that ICO you want to invest, some ICO trust ratings are simple made or paid by ICO team to place that rating in order to convince some investors.
Activity: 518
Merit: 104
PUFFY FINANCE
October 14, 2018, 05:48:11 PM
They seem biased to me. A friend of mine who's doing an ICO told me that they paid 10ETH for 5 quality ratings and that's that! I noticed that some ICOs with good project, team, and good social media presence are struggling with getting good reviews.

With all that said, should it still be a factor to look at when investing in ICO?
ICO rating sites are full of CRAP! I trusted an ICO ones based on its ratings and I end up regretting because I was fooled by the ratings that ICO was Envion.
copper member
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
October 14, 2018, 04:25:35 PM
I believe that rating agencies do very useful work - they collect and structure information into a convenient form. Further this information should be analyzed and make decisions independently.
Activity: 344
Merit: 257
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
October 14, 2018, 02:46:54 PM
I do because it will make you choose the good one but not all rated ICO's are good because it will really depend on the teams strategy and promotion of their product
Activity: 244
Official Street Team member
October 14, 2018, 02:43:43 PM
No, all those reviews are biased. They only do good reviews if they got some payment. That's why I don't trust them. Rather, you do your own research and you will come up with a better decision which will help you to choose the best ICO.
Activity: 130
October 14, 2018, 02:40:46 PM
Of course you can not trust the full rating sites. But you can use them as a primary source. It is necessary to allocate projects with sufficient rating and study them further. For me, the most important parameter is the publicity and activity of the team. The presence of experienced professionals and a large number of hype.
All of the ratings are extremely biased opinions on how the coin should be. I don't care what they rate the coins, if I find it as a useful investment then I will invest in it.
Activity: 448
October 14, 2018, 02:28:08 PM
Of course you can not trust the full rating sites. But you can use them as a primary source. It is necessary to allocate projects with sufficient rating and study them further. For me, the most important parameter is the publicity and activity of the team. The presence of experienced professionals and a large number of hype.
Activity: 168
October 14, 2018, 02:13:09 PM
I do not trust 100%. I prefer to trust my own market analysis. ICO ratings can deprive me of the direction, and I make the decision myself after careful analysis.
Activity: 891
Merit: 500
October 14, 2018, 02:12:04 PM
I agree that most of the ratings are just bought, but on the other hand, if the project team pays for the rating, then it wants to attract as much attention to the project as possible. If we take into account the potential growth of the price of Ethereum, the rating is very expensive.
The ratings do make a huge difference if someone wanted to invest in a coin. Someone would want to have their money in a 4 star investment instead of a 1 star investment.
Activity: 448
Merit: 2
October 14, 2018, 02:01:50 PM
I agree that most of the ratings are just bought, but on the other hand, if the project team pays for the rating, then it wants to attract as much attention to the project as possible. If we take into account the potential growth of the price of Ethereum, the rating is very expensive.
Activity: 560
Merit: 16
October 14, 2018, 02:00:35 PM
I don't trust ICO rating sites. ICO's with a high score are often unable to meet their sales goals. So sometimes I'm entering projects with a low ICO score,it is usually more profitable.  Smiley
Activity: 756
Merit: 250
October 14, 2018, 01:58:42 PM
I personally do not trust any ratings. You can check them, but all the analysis you still need to do yourself. I have already learned this. Just believe without analysis is stupid
Activity: 238
Merit: 2
October 14, 2018, 01:44:00 PM
Most ICO rating sites are not truthful and as such I cannot rely on the ratings they give. They may even have been bribed by some scam projects.
Activity: 200
October 14, 2018, 01:37:40 PM
At the moment, ICOs buy a rating from ICO listing websites very often. I think it is a big problem since I have to research projects more carefully.
Activity: 840
Merit: 101
October 14, 2018, 01:32:55 PM
ICO ratings are not really useful because I have analyzed about altcoins that are ranked in the top 10 on Idex, the ICO project does not have the highest rating before
Pages:
Jump to: