Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you trust ICO Rating sites? - page 14. (Read 9106 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 100
October 14, 2018, 09:40:49 AM
Hi, everybody. The actual question today, many people are interested. I can not rely only on the ICO information presented on the website. To finally trust, you need to carefully analyze the project and then it is much easier to calm down.
Activity: 378
Merit: 11
October 14, 2018, 09:36:57 AM
They seem biased to me. A friend of mine who's doing an ICO told me that they paid 10ETH for 5 quality ratings and that's that! I noticed that some ICOs with good project, team, and good social media presence are struggling with getting good reviews.

With all that said, should it still be a factor to look at when investing in ICO?

Ico rating sites or ICO listing sites or just ICO treckers are all almost useless. The reason is not only in a fact that any 5/5 or 10/10 rate can be bought. There is another reason: a reliable and promising token sale cannot be listed on that trackers because of legal obstacles. Look at Kamagames token sale, the company has $57M revenue, 100M users and 250 people in staff. But because of the "ICO" phrase used in icobench and icorating (major ICO listing sites), Kamagames cannot be listed there. The result many people are just missing the opportunity to contribute to it.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
October 14, 2018, 09:32:52 AM
ico rating sites is not a good factor to make your move as you said there many scammers using this to get attention but if you select some sites and research about their previous ico  current market condition , you can get clear picture about these sites
Activity: 784
Merit: 250
October 14, 2018, 09:22:05 AM
to me, that kind of site assessment is merely the number alone without any clarity from the side where they assess. many who gave good rating against an ICO but rather it is a scam. This makes sure the site rating into a difficult to believe and the analysis of the self which is certainly better and clear than relying on that kind of rating sites.
Activity: 261
Merit: 2
October 14, 2018, 09:12:15 AM
Yes, I can trust in ico rating but not fully trusted because sometimes it may wrong. But it is important for investing money in coins and with the help of these rating an investor decide to hold own coin and think about to sold them.
legendary
Activity: 1311
Merit: 1000
October 14, 2018, 09:01:24 AM
We never should depend on them.As you said they may be sold to  ICO projects.We really need physical world connected rating system.
But how to do it!? Now there are a lot of resources for tracking ICO projects, but most of them are pacifiers, in which not a few people go, should have an impact on future ICO projects?
Activity: 364
October 14, 2018, 08:38:52 AM
No, I do not trust such ratings. I think that it is impossible to determine how reliable a project is if you study only white paper. In addition, ratings can be assigned for money.
copper member
Activity: 546
Merit: 0
October 14, 2018, 08:38:44 AM
Not all the rating can be reckon with, most of them are biased and not real. Physical world connection rating system should be use to rate and not the ICO bench because it not always correct.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
October 14, 2018, 08:08:26 AM
We never should depend on them.As you said they may be sold to  ICO projects.We really need physical world connected rating system.
Activity: 476
https://beta.afce.io/#/
October 14, 2018, 07:59:33 AM
There are many sites but if you ask me for my opinion I believe only on ico bench and ico drop sites I love both.
copper member
Activity: 56
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
October 14, 2018, 07:47:07 AM
Of course, I don’t trust rating sites for 100 percent, now everything can be bought. But I take for myself useful information and analyze the project myself. I don't want to blame various sites for possible failure. Better to think for yourself.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 254
October 14, 2018, 07:12:14 AM
Of course not all ICO rating sites I trust, especially the many scam project cases that actually get a good rating, I think nothing is perfect with their performance but I can understand.
Activity: 588
October 14, 2018, 06:41:47 AM
In my opinion, rating Ico can be an option to identify good ico, but to make investment choices, you also have to do research first to avoid scams, ico is very risky and therefore you have to spend time doing research.
Activity: 980
Merit: 276
October 14, 2018, 06:08:53 AM
i dont trust them of course. i am not a stupid. but i follow them as much as i can. because it is a clear fact that they have an effect on popularity of icos. those kind of sites can easily shill any ico by using their rating system.
copper member
Activity: 210
October 14, 2018, 06:05:55 AM
I had trusted ICO Rating sites before but i had a worst experienced with that. This is the only reason, now days i never fully trusted any ICO Rating sites, only takes a rough idea from it and evaluate every ICO in my specific measures first.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Look ARROUND!
October 14, 2018, 05:55:16 AM
I do not trust ICO ratings of companies for 100% of course I use ICO rating as research information but I study the team,the technical side of the presented project,white paper on my own.
A rating for a coin is not going to get that many people to invest in the coins that they have in their crowdsale. They should just do interviews instead of just rating the coins.
Activity: 252
October 14, 2018, 05:49:57 AM
A friend told you correctly that everything can be bought and the rating too, because someone publishes it and these people also want to make money from here and such not true ratings on scam projects
Activity: 518
Merit: 111
Dota2
October 14, 2018, 05:47:08 AM
You shouldn't completely believe them. Ratings are deceptive, and so most of the scammers take advantage of it, setting themselves high bar on left-handed accounts.
You have a point, maybe the rating site is already paid to advertise that scam project. More or less, is a part of the plan to take advantages to others. Sadly, this strategy is still effective on this days, specially to those noob when in comes of investing and other matter that related in crypto marketing. For some bad side, most of the investor don't want to invest again from losing a lot of asset.
Activity: 476
Merit: 100
October 14, 2018, 05:45:42 AM
Of course, we must not believe them, all the information on this sites can be bought for money. It like listing on hyip monitors sites.
Activity: 518
Merit: 111
Dota2
October 14, 2018, 05:42:22 AM
For me, I trust the ICO rating sites... but I don't trust the project it self. For the reason of multiple news of scam and fraud project now a days. This thing remind me of high possibility of losing money, this start on early of this year 2018. That's why don't act or don't be a newbie/idiot on this kind of league.
Pages:
Jump to: