Pages:
Author

Topic: Do you use a Bitcoin debit card? - page 5. (Read 7762 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 100
October 02, 2017, 03:47:18 AM
Actually I am not yet famailiar with this but with the word itself, it is actually an interesting idea. However, I have insights that what may bring this idea in a bad side. First is that people might tend to have more access to it therefore giving hackers other means to hack Bitcoins.

Also one bad side is that we really dont have to use or dont need to debit card unless Bitcoin will continue to grow thst almost everyone is using it.
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
★YoBit.Net★ 350+ Coins Exchange & Dice
October 02, 2017, 03:33:15 AM
No, I don't, I can't find any ATM near me, and I only know just one Bitcoin ATM which is miles away from me. If I have a chance and I can use it. In City where I live, I can't find any way to use it unless ATM machines would accept it. I am willing to try it.

But for now, I am comfortable to just using exchanges and just converting to fiat and then deposit the money to my bank account. I am willing to try it though if there is a chance.
Activity: 686
Merit: 146
October 02, 2017, 03:11:29 AM
I don't really understand the point of them. It's just too easy to change between Fiat and Bitcoin and back again. Really I kind of used Bitcoin for one set of things and fee on for another set of things so I don't see the need to have that sort of instant access through an ATM card.

You are right. There is no such need of keeping the Bitcoin Debit card. But I think there will be no harm in it that if we keep it with ourselves and use it. It will do nothing but will give us more comfort as compared to what we had in past and will help us in managing the things in a better way as before.

The local exchange wallet that I've been using has given me some convenience because I can easily exchange my BTC into fiat but I think having a bitcoin debit card would also be convenient. With a bitcoin debit card, I won't have to retrieve or carry the fiat. Fees may be a problem but there are also fees when I exchange BTC and when I use credit cards. I don't own a bitcoin debit card because I don't think that it's available in my country nor will I be able to use it as there are no merchants which accept it, from my knowledge.

I guess it could also provide you a sense of security, because you may use the bitcoin debit card in times of emergency.
Activity: 305
Merit: 107
I'm going to eat your cookies
October 02, 2017, 02:51:05 AM
I still haven't used my btc as for debit cards but I mostly used this for online transactions - though my online wallet can let us use it as a credit and debit card.
I guess the transaction fees are very high on this case.
Activity: 266
Merit: 101
Im the very decease you pretend to be
October 02, 2017, 02:23:19 AM
I dont use it. I plan to.
For now i just transfer bitcoin to cex.io , sell it there. Rates are always 1-2% higher than anything you can buy at other places.
Than i just transfer money to visa. 3.80 flat. Very fast. I actually gain couple of USD in process.
It takes couple of days to approve card there.
Very nice service. Highly recommended.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
October 02, 2017, 02:18:21 AM
I wanted to get a bitcoin debit card sometime, but really, the card fees are too high. That's why I use other cards. If you know a debit card that does not cost a card, I would expect the proposals.

I don't want to get a bitcoin debit card, it will be useless to me as I'm a person that keeps on saving and the fees does matter to me. And that's why I'm doing my best just to budget the things that I need to buy. But well I wanted to experience and maybe I'll get when I've got tons of money and the fees aren't big deal to me anymore but for now, I have no interest of using it.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 536
October 02, 2017, 02:05:09 AM
I wanted to get a bitcoin debit card sometime, but really, the card fees are too high. That's why I use other cards. If you know a debit card that does not cost a card, I would expect the proposals.
Merit: 262
October 02, 2017, 01:53:35 AM
Bitcoin debit card isn't really available in every country as for now. But I love to have one. Since there are not much stores accepting Bitcoin as for now. Therefore, we need banks for converting first our Bitcoin to fiat and then use that in stores. Bitcoin debit card will make that process easy. I am anytime ready to have that kind of debit card until Bitcoin doesn't becomes mainstream.
Activity: 308
October 02, 2017, 01:50:16 AM
Just curious how many users use one of these..

I've started using Xapo and its pretty good actually.
I can buy whatever I want with BTC.

They have some fees,I tried finding some companies with lower fees but no luck.

They card costs 18$,I guess it was..Actually all companies want like 15$-20$ for a debit card.
Which is a good investment..I guess..

Which one do u use and what are their fees? Smiley

I am not use a bitcoin debit card because this coin not accept our country, but this coin accept our country i will definitely use this card.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 556
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
October 02, 2017, 01:42:34 AM
i am not using bitcoin debit card because in my country, i am having difficulties to find any local store or online store that accepting bitcoin debit card. but maybe if in future, there is any store available, i will order the debit card so i can trying to use the card to buy something. but i think it feels the same as we use debit card or credit card from the banks and the different is we can use our bitcoin directly without withdraw bitcoin first.
Activity: 770
Merit: 126
October 02, 2017, 01:42:13 AM
I have never use bitcoin debit card since I know about bitcoin because the ATM which accept bitcoin is not available in my country. But hopefully, in the nearest future the ATM should be available every where in my country for everyone to use, since the numbers of bitcoin user are increasing day after day.
Activity: 364
October 02, 2017, 01:39:03 AM
No I don’t know about bitcoin debit card .
When I get some money through bitcoin then I will try to use bitcoin debit card.
If you have some money in wallet then you must have a debit card to withdraw that.
legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
October 02, 2017, 01:29:12 AM
I don't use bitcoin debit cards, the idea is good but I just don't want too many cards in my wallet. I already use a couple of debit cards and one credit card(hardly)  because just in case you know anything can happen in real life.
I would like to use a bitcoin debit card in the future once I return back my debit and credit cards to the respected banks.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
October 02, 2017, 01:29:02 AM

Hey man, just found out that Xapo is restricting use of all cardholders located outside the EU, starting October 15, 2017.

I hope you live in the EU, otherwise you should find another card!

https://www.cryptocompare.com/wallets/xapo-usd-card/
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
October 02, 2017, 01:22:59 AM
For now well, I do not really think I need it since I can easily get my bitcoin converted to fiat in just seconds and I have it straight up in my account. Maybe when I see that the need warrants it, I could probably consider.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 637
October 02, 2017, 01:18:59 AM
Hello friends. Love this topic, good discussion too.

I found this Bitcoin Debit Card Comparison Guide. I hope you all find it useful!

I like the convenience that the debit cards provide, but I think it's a mistake if the cards don't say "bitcoin" on them. We miss an opportunity to show people when and how frequently we're using Bitcoin.

How do we get these cards to have a Bitcoin related reference on them?
Activity: 197
October 02, 2017, 12:18:45 AM
Is really bitcoin debit card exist???  I am anaware about it.  If anyone knows about it please give me some idea about it
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
September 30, 2017, 07:58:32 PM
Just curious how many users use one of these..

They have some fees,I tried finding some companies with lower fees but no luck.

They card costs 18$,I guess it was..Actually all companies want like 15$-20$ for a debit card.
Which is a good investment..I guess..

Which one do u use and what are their fees? Smiley

Yes you could use bitcoin as debit card,and yes you could buy whatever you want with BTC. BUt I still looking forward to the time that bitcoin whould be accessible anywhere you could just use it using your pin or personal number.Since here I can just use my bitcoin buying online.
it will be my pleasure to use bitcoin debit card but in fact in my area we do not have such facilities and even i do not know about the procedure how to get a  bitcoin debit card, i do not think that there may be a single person who know about bitcoin debit card, we use our local exchange to convert bitcoin in to our local exchanges for converting our bitcoin into our local fiat currency.
Pab
legendary
Activity: 1862
Merit: 1012
September 30, 2017, 07:17:57 PM
I am using Sectrocoin euro visa and virtual gbp visa,very good service,if i transfer dash from exchange than exchange dash to fiat and load my card take 10min,really nice.I can also unload funds from card and load card at any place in internet

I am using also Skrill card ,Skrill accept btc and ecopayz what is accepting ltc and btc,both have master card,but only Spectrocoin works both way
September 30, 2017, 07:00:30 PM
I've been using Xapo-card for about a year now. I'm satisfied with this service. Payments are very convenient and fast
Pages:
Jump to: