Pages:
Author

Topic: Do your research before investing in ICOs - page 35. (Read 54620 times)

Activity: 437
Merit: 100
ICOs, or Initial Coin Offerings, have become a popular way for cryptocurrencies to raise funds from the public. However, they have also become an easy way to prey on the vulnerable, and the financial regulator recently warned customers about what it calls “these very high risk, speculative investments”. It warns that there’s little consumer protection and high potential for fraud, as well as high volatility. Some ICOs are regulated by the FCA, but this is on a case-by-case basis, depending on how they are structured.

As the FCA says, you should fully research any ICO before handing over your money. “You should only invest in an ICO project if you are an experienced investor, confident in the quality of the ICO project itself,” a spokesman says. Alternatively, consider investing or trading with a regulated provider.
I agree with your point that ICOS projects are easy to mobilize capital and investors are vulnerable to fraud. Therefore I am not interested in ICOS projects like 2017. You should research and analyze ICOS projects carefully before you participate in those projects. Because you can lose all your money if you believe in an unclear project.
Activity: 625
Merit: 258
This might just buying a cellphone without knowing the specification of it, same like investing, if you really want to have an investment then you should do a research, like how much the coin should you buy, what is the purpose of the coin and even the end of the ICO is also a thing to consider. As long as you need to put some money as investment it is better to do a research.

Exactly my point you have to know what you are buying and his specifications, else why would you buy some random product without knowing it.
Just be asured of what your heading into is what you need.
Activity: 980
Merit: 261
This might just buying a cellphone without knowing the specification of it, same like investing, if you really want to have an investment then you should do a research, like how much the coin should you buy, what is the purpose of the coin and even the end of the ICO is also a thing to consider. As long as you need to put some money as investment it is better to do a research.
Activity: 546
ICO are now the investing commodity for the investors and the youngsters are good to invest in it because they can understand the power of crypto and it's use for the coming days and if we do research for the ICO we can find the pros and cons of that coin and now it is the best way to make a profitable investment.
Activity: 672
Merit: 1
Of course researching is important. Blind investment increases the risk of loosing one's money. Research allows one to get to know the people he is dealing with beyond the periphery. I research before I invest in ICOs
Activity: 742
Merit: 42
No investors will put their money for nothing. It's a basic rule that if you're going to invest then you should do your own research before investing.

ICO is so risky and we have to be careful specially if we're going to invest with such a great amount in it.
I think there are topics here that can help us how to determine legit and potential ICO.

If you're a big time investors try to hire some experts, it really helps you to choose those potential ICOs.
Activity: 924
Merit: 220
No, I am.not investing in an ICO. It is too much risky because the team doing ICO is.not only achieving.goals and ideal target for.they.are only after the contributions of the investors. They will just list the coin in below ICO price. Some made 10x or 20-100x below ICO price. I have known some projects like this so this is why I really do not like ICO projects. I will just investy money on bitcoin and eth. This is way better than investing in an ICO.
Activity: 1148
Merit: 300
Well i think everyone of us need to research because it really involve profit ee can loss or earn on it depending on our strategy. I believe that all of is already know about do many scam ico on thr crypto feild. I think investing in ico without researching is like lossing an asset.
Activity: 322
Yes it is the best way to secure your money from scam investment. You need to research more informations before investing in ICOs.
Activity: 938
Merit: 501
i do make researches into my ICOs before investing into it because that is one the possible ways to avoid throwing your money into some useless ICO. Researching into the ICO also gives you a fair idea about the development plans of the project and makes you to make an important decision as to how much to invest, how long to hold the tokens before selling it off.
Activity: 441
Bcnex - The Ultimate Blockchain Trading Platform
ICO regulations that are covered by some agencies do not provide enough positive value to investors. only a part of the ICO scam was responded to by the agency. so I think. Unclear regulations today still make investors worried. I have experience investing in an ICO. my capital is gone and I only get regrets.
Activity: 1302
Merit: 540
In any type of investment we need to research, setting our expectations and making things possible by seeing the potential of those assets that we are eyeing to place our money, this is a must to make a good position in anyhow, best to have good sets of plans.

ICO's is no different, it's also another ways for investing our money so we do need to value it by doing a hard research, especially now that the market is no longer favoring our investment.
copper member
Activity: 280
Personally anything that involbe money needs to be thoroughly assessed to mitigate any form of risk. Investing in ICOs lately don't turn out well due to the market conditions.
Activity: 784
Merit: 10
To invest in ico is bot a joke thing, we should really do a further research ir a background research to the ico we plan to invest with. Because if you just join in an ico without doing such thing may lead you into not earning profits.
Activity: 630
Merit: 110
Wherever easy money is possible, some fraud is inevitable. Investors need to do thorough research before investing in anything whether it is an ICO or existing coin.
Activity: 532
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
conducting research is indeed very important so that we do not fall prey to fraud under the ICO. I think the FCA has reminded us to be more careful in choosing an investment place at the ICO and my hope is that in the future all ICOs will be better, there will be no more frauds. so ICO investment will become popular with many people returning to invest in ICO.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
ICOs, or Initial Coin Offerings, have become a popular way for cryptocurrencies to raise funds from the public. However, they have also become an easy way to prey on the vulnerable, and the financial regulator recently warned customers about what it calls “these very high risk, speculative investments”. It warns that there’s little consumer protection and high potential for fraud, as well as high volatility. Some ICOs are regulated by the FCA, but this is on a case-by-case basis, depending on how they are structured.

As the FCA says, you should fully research any ICO before handing over your money. “You should only invest in an ICO project if you are an experienced investor, confident in the quality of the ICO project itself,” a spokesman says. Alternatively, consider investing or trading with a regulated provider.

Doing some research before doing anything important - is a good strategy. In any sphere. So, that looks quite strange when FCA says such an obvious things I think Smiley
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
Small Trader
Research must be done and become a must. Through research, you will know many things and can avoid the worst risks of an ICO. At the very least, do not immediately follow ICo without doing research.
Activity: 198
Merit: 2
The point is people don't believe in ico anymore so it more like researching on what you already know it's not true, and more before doing any investment aside ico you need to do enough research on what you are going in with so as to be sure about it.
Anyone who doesn't research is probably the owner of the project or new commer.
Activity: 392
Yes, that is the first you have to do before investing in ICO, after you have make proper research, make enquiry from your colleagues that you are in the business you are good to go. But it is advisable not to invest all you money in one project
It seems to me that it is better not to invest in ico , the ico market is definitely dead now , not one project does not collect software cap, all moved projects to ieo
Pages:
Jump to: