Pages:
Author

Topic: Do your research before investing in ICOs - page 36. (Read 54620 times)

Activity: 392
Merit: 21
ICOs, or Initial Coin Offerings, have become a popular way for cryptocurrencies to raise funds from the public. However, they have also become an easy way to prey on the vulnerable, and the financial regulator recently warned customers about what it calls “these very high risk, speculative investments”. It warns that there’s little consumer protection and high potential for fraud, as well as high volatility. Some ICOs are regulated by the FCA, but this is on a case-by-case basis, depending on how they are structured.

As the FCA says, you should fully research any ICO before handing over your money. “You should only invest in an ICO project if you are an experienced investor, confident in the quality of the ICO project itself,” a spokesman says. Alternatively, consider investing or trading with a regulated provider.
At first, without experience, my research was not deep enough
This caused some losses for me
but it is a learning tax
now the situation is changing. I am studying the project in an integrated way
Whitepaper
the team
partners
and some other points.
Activity: 2422
Merit: 357
You cannot just invest and hope it will succeed in the future. It will decrease the probability of being a scam knowing you research about it. Investing is not a gambling game. You can gather datas to tell whether it is investable or not. Its like going to war with guns , bombs and knives with you.
Activity: 798
Merit: 258
ICOs, or Initial Coin Offerings, have become a popular way for cryptocurrencies to raise funds from the public. However, they have also become an easy way to prey on the vulnerable, and the financial regulator recently warned customers about what it calls “these very high risk, speculative investments”. It warns that there’s little consumer protection and high potential for fraud, as well as high volatility. Some ICOs are regulated by the FCA, but this is on a case-by-case basis, depending on how they are structured.

As the FCA says, you should fully research any ICO before handing over your money. “You should only invest in an ICO project if you are an experienced investor, confident in the quality of the ICO project itself,” a spokesman says. Alternatively, consider investing or trading with a regulated provider.

Research before investing in ico is a very much important for a wise investors in crypto business.
Because if we didn't apply this for sure in the end there is  high chances for us to lose our capital investment.
And in every ico project there is a reference for us to find out if it is legit or not one of this are having a
whitepaper, roadmap plan their team behind the project and the background itself too something like that.
Activity: 1904
Merit: 138
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
There is still no guarantee that you won't be deceived even when you make your research.

You will be deceive if you just do a lazy research about the ICO project. Researching about crypto project is not only by reading their whitepaper and checking out their website, but its about you reading the whitepaper, looking at how feasible the project is to the entire crypto ecosystem and world in general. Also, how different the project is compared to other similar projects which are already in the system. This allows you to know how real this ICO project can be. 

It's not about being lazy, I would say. Because there are projects that know how to make a well-written whitepaper without leaving a hint that they will just scam their users. Even legit teams can screw their project. But of course, doing your own homework should be your basic task before investing to any project. And you are just here, hoping that they will deliver their promises as stated from their roadmap and hoping that they will be honest running their show.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 509
For now ICOs are not the right investments to make a profit. As we all know, most of the good projects stopped their projects to moving away from the current situation. That is why, recently, finding a good ICOs is really far away.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 535
There is still no guarantee that you won't be deceived even when you make your research.

You will be deceive if you just do a lazy research about the ICO project. Researching about crypto project is not only by reading their whitepaper and checking out their website, but its about you reading the whitepaper, looking at how feasible the project is to the entire crypto ecosystem and world in general. Also, how different the project is compared to other similar projects which are already in the system. This allows you to know how real this ICO project can be. 
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
All the business that you are going to do must use a lot of calculations and research, so that it will minimize losses and optimize profits, let alone investing in Crypto which is very risky, requires good research.
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
If research can totally save from scam, it would gave been good.
You don't just trust a project, because of a positive outcome of research. Always have it in mind that it can turn out to be a bad dear, which is why you nerd to invest what you can afford to lose.
The developer might mean good, but he might not be skilled enough to handle the project, which might lead to failure.
Activity: 712
Merit: 15
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
You are very right about this and it doesn't not apply to ICOs alone, it applies to every form of investment. You should always do a proper research about any ico or investment you want to put your money into, because the lack of knowledge about it is very suicidal because you can easily be manipulated, played or scammed which means that all your money is gone. So always do a very good research and leave no Stone untouched when deciding to invest in any ICO.
Activity: 1189
Merit: 107
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Of course, why people not research before investing?? For me i always do research or i dont but my friend do. And i think people will do research about team first, because that's most important. If all real then will reseach another information
Activity: 156
Merit: 2
Yes, that is the first you have to do before investing in ICO, after you have make proper research, make enquiry from your colleagues that you are in the business you are good to go. But it is advisable not to invest all you money in one project
Activity: 126
Merit: 2
The idea of investing in cryptocurrency has penetrated into many parts of our society. It is mind-blowing to think that people would be willing to invest their hard-earned money in something they can barely understand, but that’s exactly what seems to be happening in the crypto world.
Activity: 1093
Merit: 103
Most people don't want to believe their own research. This is our money we will search everything before invest any running initial coin offer. Because of don't trust any Initial coin offer people are now follow to initial exchange offer, people are tried of scammers and wrong research.
Activity: 280
Merit: 3
BTC $1 mln.
You are right, you need to be extremely careful in investing in ICO. Now it has become popular to organize IEO and to participate in them is safer for investors due to the fact that before the IEO project is evaluated by the exchange team, which acts as a guarantor. But ICOs are still popular and collect the necessary amounts to launch a project. Here on the forum there is a guy who exposes scammers, you can contact him if you have doubts about the projects. https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/icoethics-2204241
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
I certainly agree with you. Based on my experience, it's risky to invest in new Ico's without doing a series of research. You should know how to value your funds so you should invest it in a trusted one. I have learned that it's important to know everything about a coin and its future plans just to know if it has a potential and if it's worth investing.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
Do we really need to asked or answer this?does this sounds very stupid ?ofcourse we need to make research in each investment we are making because this includes our money that we hard earned so its a normal thing to find which one is reliable and profitable
You have said it all and that is the truth. Every investor whether in this space or not needs a good reason to invest in any project. In the crypto space now, I think it's wise going for projects whose team already have something they are working on not just some imaginary products.
Indeed the team must have product first before we invested,but not because they have already product means they will be successful because this will depend on how the team sell those and how to gather investors
Activity: 224
Ofcourse we should review and study the project well before investing,no one wants to invest on scam projects or to not sure ICO projects.So wise investorshave some research before investing on the projects they dont just invest because they want to make money and not to give money to scammers.
Activity: 276
I not only do research before investing, but i spend hours in researching about the coins I am  going to invest in. After all nobody wants their hard earned money to go to waste. As there are frauds going on in the crypto market, we should become extra aware to ensure we are not cheated under any pretexts. It is not that only newbie or newcomers should do research. All experienced or inexperienced should do research before investment. Only then go ahead. After all only good projects give you good returns. 
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
You have said it all and that is the truth. Every investor whether in this space or not needs a good reason to invest in any project. In the crypto space now, I think it's wise going for projects whose team already have something they are working on not just some imaginary products.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 613
Winding down.
Of course I did research before investin in the ICO, but currently I am no longer investing in ICO. Its more difficult to find good ICO project right now and now I choose to invest in the IEO.
Yes. We should make our own research before investing in a certain ICO, study its background and the team behind the ICO so that we can justify if its legit or not. We invested a big sum of money so we should be responsible of its security and assurance that it will also make profits in the end.
Pages:
Jump to: