Pages:
Author

Topic: Do your research before investing in ICOs - page 39. (Read 54620 times)

Activity: 910
Merit: 257
ICOs, or Initial Coin Offerings, have become a popular way for cryptocurrencies to raise funds from the public. However, they have also become an easy way to prey on the vulnerable, and the financial regulator recently warned customers about what it calls “these very high risk, speculative investments”. It warns that there’s little consumer protection and high potential for fraud, as well as high volatility. Some ICOs are regulated by the FCA, but this is on a case-by-case basis, depending on how they are structured.

As the FCA says, you should fully research any ICO before handing over your money. “You should only invest in an ICO project if you are an experienced investor, confident in the quality of the ICO project itself,” a spokesman says. Alternatively, consider investing or trading with a regulated provider.

Of course, mate. Especially these days, the chance and rate of success of many ICOs are hanging by a thread, it would be more comforting, if not, a little safer to research and get to know everyday that relates to any ICO that you are eyeing as an investor. It would be too difficult to just wing it and hope that everything will be alright because that's clearly not how this market works. Every investment and venture here are risky at best, and if you won't do your homework to study and get to know them to be ready, then there will be a higher for your to fail, which in turn, would mean the loss of your capital.
Activity: 625
Merit: 258
You are right and those ones who try to invest at new ICOs should know their whitepapers as a must have to achieve information on what ICO is all about and if it is able to succeed in the future.
Just dont rush into the ICO if you have no clue what you are about to go into by investing your money into something that might not actually be stable in the long run meaning not so many new investors so you can have some profit.
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
Researching is the first thing for me to do so far what I intend to do is investing my hard earned money in a project that's yet to prove itself before. I always take my time to go through their Whitepaper to learn more about their business plan, do background checks about the core team and read different expert opinions about the project before taking my final decision on it.
Activity: 1190
Merit: 100
That must be learned before investing. Of course if you have analyzed and the results in your opinion are good. Of course the next decision is in your hands. Do you want to invest or not. Because investing in crypto is certainly no accountability from any party if something happens.
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
Of course, I try to study the project well before investing money in it.It's my money and I don't want to give it to crooks.But still it is very difficult to recognize the scammers,they come up with new schemes and no guarantee that my money is safe, no one will give me.
Activity: 910
Merit: 103
Definitely Yes, We must research before investing in ICO, check the company details and who's behind the project, search information about the particular ICO on forum, reading whitepaper to know everything about the project and visit the social profiles of each of the team members, but it's still do not guarantee the ICO will become success and won't being a scam, so ICO investing is only suitable for experienced investor.
Activity: 3080
Merit: 603
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
There is still no guarantee that you won't be deceived even when you make your research. The way some of these rogue developers/projects mask their deeds is really a wonder. It's now luck to pick a credible ICO. May be one can get a credible IEO (Initial Exchange Offering) at present but not ICO. This is my mindset and I try to stay away from ICOs as distantly as I can. So, OP you may want to wait until they get listed on exchanges before buying. Even, most times the coins drop below ICO prices when listed.
Activity: 588
Merit: 10
That's sure. Any investments has also risky, so to protect our money, we must do our own research before invest in. In crypto market, we have seen a lot of projects which scammed. Bitcointalk forum is one of places to search/ report scammers.
legendary
Activity: 2226
Merit: 1086
Free Bitcoins Every Hour!
Of course, we mustn't invest in ICOs or IEOs without taking research firstly. Put our money on random projects is absolutely too risky and possible to lose it. At least, we have tried to prevent everything through research and analysis in order to minimize the scam.
Not all ICOs are promising to be invested especially for future investment. For, we know that most ICOs will be probably valuable after hodl in a year or more. That is why being careful and smart in choosing the right ICO by good analysis is a must.
Activity: 7
Merit: 1
ICOs, or Initial Coin Offerings, have become a popular way for cryptocurrencies to raise funds from the public. However, they have also become an easy way to prey on the vulnerable, and the financial regulator recently warned customers about what it calls “these very high risk, speculative investments”. It warns that there’s little consumer protection and high potential for fraud, as well as high volatility. Some ICOs are regulated by the FCA, but this is on a case-by-case basis, depending on how they are structured.

As the FCA says, you should fully research any ICO before handing over your money. “You should only invest in an ICO project if you are an experienced investor, confident in the quality of the ICO project itself,” a spokesman says. Alternatively, consider investing or trading with a regulated provider.
Pages:
Jump to: