Pages:
Author

Topic: Does the death of Bitcoin also mean the death of cryptomania?? - page 9. (Read 2622 times)

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1039

If Bitcoin were to completely bottom out, what would happen to the altcoins?

Follow the crypto superstar to a fiery death?  or  Skyrocket passed their predecessor?

I believe that Satoshi had a vision where blockchain technology and cryptocurrency would be the foundation of the world. But as we all know Rome wasn't built in a day(unlike bitcoins run to 20k). What if in this vision Bitcoin wasn't meant to be the gold of the internet but rather a mold of what should be created. When comparing bitcoin to its rivals, it is usually at a disadvantage in the technology department yet, it is still the most valued crypto. While Lightning network has been less than impressive, other crypto tech has been stealing the spotlight. Ripple is currently holding the fastest transaction time of roughly 3 seconds(avg. transaction time for bitcoin~60min). EOS while navigating a rough mainnet launch is dropping EON which looks to fundamentally solve problems within EOS. Investors are already talking about EON being crypto-gold in the near future.

Don't give up hope if Bitcoin does take a turn for the worst. Trust the Tech, better days are on their way.

This is hard to gauge right now. It is true that Bitcoin was the founding father in the entire cryptocurrency craze, meaning that its hypothetical death would certainly impact the cryptocurrency economy in a large way. Then again, the rest of the market is very diversely spread out and could potentially receive a lot of support so that other altcoins don't receive the same result that Bitcoin could run into. The way I see it is that there will always be some supporters of altcoins that don't support Bitcoin. It's a huge possibility that the support for a certain altcoin could prevent it from going far down like other major cryptos in a bearish market.
Activity: 476
Merit: 253
You always need to stick to your strategy and not let go of the market and buy coins for a larger amount than you originally planned.
Activity: 252
Merit: 10
Now no one can understand till the end what is happening to the world and how it is changing along with the Blochkchain technologies! The crypto market was only born, he is only 8 years old! but in just such a short time, the crypto world wore a lot of noise! Now many states can not understand what to do about it. Bitcoin has a very strong position in front of the rest of the crypto coins, due to the fact that he was the first. as bitcoin is now the most popular coin among all the others, as well as Sakmai dear! But I'm sure that in the next 10 years crypto world will change. Must appear very strong and with a large capitalization of crypto coins! We need such coins, with their help, the crypto market will steadily grow up! Crypto market will not pay attention to the falling or growing bitcoin! Today everyone is fed up with the fact that bitcoin is manipulated by big wallets! And because of this, all other projects with their coins can not develop normally and move in front! The growth of all coins on the soaring depends on the cost of Bitcoin! But if there are at least 5-10 competitors in bitcoins and there will be legalization of the crypto market around the world, then large investors will enter! That's when the overall growth will begin, and no one will pay attention to the cost of bitcoin! And even if bitcoin dies, all the crypto industry will actively develop all over the world! The world is constantly changing, let's see what happens next .......
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Death of Bitcoin is beyond imagination but by any means if it happens, surely the crypto world is going to be affected as the trust in the market will become less. Many investors are being driven in the crypto world due to the massive profits made by others with bitcoin, to some extent. It will take time but the ones who knows this system and its analytics properly will wait and re-invest in other Altcoins as this trading world never ends.
Activity: 1274
Merit: 263
I think if bitcoin die in the future the crypto will fall but I think it recover again without the help of bitcoin and we will see the market up again because the founder of the altcoins we will not want to see their coin die too but it will dump very deep first and crypto will recover with the new bitcoin.
Activity: 334
Merit: 100

If Bitcoin were to completely bottom out, what would happen to the altcoins?

Follow the crypto superstar to a fiery death?  or  Skyrocket passed their predecessor?

I believe that Satoshi had a vision where blockchain technology and cryptocurrency would be the foundation of the world. But as we all know Rome wasn't built in a day(unlike bitcoins run to 20k). What if in this vision Bitcoin wasn't meant to be the gold of the internet but rather a mold of what should be created. When comparing bitcoin to its rivals, it is usually at a disadvantage in the technology department yet, it is still the most valued crypto. While Lightning network has been less than impressive, other crypto tech has been stealing the spotlight. Ripple is currently holding the fastest transaction time of roughly 3 seconds(avg. transaction time for bitcoin~60min). EOS while navigating a rough mainnet launch is dropping EON which looks to fundamentally solve problems within EOS. Investors are already talking about EON being crypto-gold in the near future.

Don't give up hope if Bitcoin does take a turn for the worst. Trust the Tech, better days are on their way.

First of all its seems like impossible that bitcoin will die. But if we consider a worst situation that bitcoin dies , crypto mania will suffer alot because Prices of all the crypto currencies follow the trend of bitcoin (if bitcoin rises all other crypto currencies rises and if bitcoin falls all other crypto currencies fall). People will loose their trust in crypto market and will invest in some other field rather than investing in crypto.
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
Bitcoin cannot die. Even if you dumped more and more with all your bitcoins, all these people would have bought more until a certain profits and then sell it away.
Activity: 166
Why, I am thinking that after all the time when bitcoin will be dying it will be already some kind of cryptocurrency that can replace it fast and without any loss of popularity of the cryptocurrencies around the world,
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000
In my opinion there are two possibility to predict these things and the first one is if bitcoin death then following it crypto also will be lack of interest with eventually dead too and the second possibility is there is altcoin could being an the replacement of bitcoin from the price side and from the popularity side
Activity: 2128
Merit: 180
The death of bitcoin would mean a big change inside the crypto world.I`m pretty sure this won`t be the end of the cryptomania,some altcoins,like ethereum and litecoin might survive.Tokens that serve a sertain purpose,like Vechain,might survive and thrive.The consept of a "digital gold" type of cryptocurrency will be destroyed for sure.
If bitcoin dies, cryptocurrency is really in a critical position because investors will not take the risk to invest on any altcoins if a giant coin Bitcoin dead, its simply means this market will not last for more years. I know this is just a sample situation because bitcion will last for more decades Smiley
Activity: 41
I don't see BTC to be bottomed out, but if this is the case then that would mean another alt such as ETH as taken over and in this case cryptomaniacs will only miss BTC not totally the trading of crypto.
Activity: 280
Merit: 11
I believe that in the event that bitcoin will be dead, definitely I would say there will be a big negative impact in the crypto market since btc is always the baseline in every market movement since btc and alts are correlated with the other. However, in my opinion, there is no possibility for btc to die in the current scenario since btc is doing good performance in the market and it is still getting better and better and more and more people are supporting btc.

Bitcoin don't die, and with no reason the death of crypto mania. Look at the chart guys. Market is Volatile, any thing can happened at any given time, price market value may goes up and goes down, dependent on the market investment for Bitcoin, the market structure is Stable, with good fundamentals, high level of confidence of the investors of Bitcoin. I am very optimistic with the current trend of the Market, Bitcoin will make a Bull run anytime soon.
Activity: 448
I believe that in the event that bitcoin will be dead, definitely I would say there will be a big negative impact in the crypto market since btc is always the baseline in every market movement since btc and alts are correlated with the other. However, in my opinion, there is no possibility for btc to die in the current scenario since btc is doing good performance in the market and it is still getting better and better and more and more people are supporting btc.
Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
The death of bitcoin would mean a big change inside the crypto world.I`m pretty sure this won`t be the end of the cryptomania,some altcoins,like ethereum and litecoin might survive.Tokens that serve a sertain purpose,like Vechain,might survive and thrive.The consept of a "digital gold" type of cryptocurrency will be destroyed for sure.
Activity: 322
Merit: 1
Definitely not

Though bitcoins majorly runs the crypto market.
But I tell you, the death of bitcoin doesn't mean the death of cryptocurrency as a whole, i still believe other altcoins can still sustain the crypto market though it might be hard and not as bitcoin would.
Activity: 322
I agree with this. Bitcoin death will have a huge impact on the crypto market. Maybe people will never trust cryptocurrency again. They will sell all the coins and switch to investing in other fields
legendary
Activity: 3542
Merit: 1352
Cashback 15%
The way I see it, bitcoin will have a huge impact on other cryptocurrencies if it were to largely decline. Most crypto on the list only follows the trend of bitcoin; some may deviate a little but still always find the tail of bitcoin and follow it. ETH can be its mighty predecessor, seeing how most coins are now ETH-based or are introduced through ICOs. Crypto-economy might still thrive, but the future for it might be short-lived since most people are only banking on bitcoin and not on other coins.
Activity: 532
Merit: 15
Hard to speculate without knowing the reason of Bitcoin's hypothetical bottom-out. In most scenarios I can think of, altcoins could exist independently even after its death.

Unless we're talking about some global internet shut-down or coordinated ban on crypto/fiat transactions - it's fair to say that cryptos are here to stay.

Thumbs up!
Activity: 54
I think other coins can operate independently without bitcoin. But if ever bitcoin will die it sure will have a big impact on all cryptos since every one of them do depend on the value of bitcoin. As we see when bitcoin's price increase others follow, same as when it decreases.Har to think though that bitcoin will die and what the reason can be
Activity: 344
Merit: 257
EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution
If bitcoin will be dead then cryptos might be dead too because every crypto move depends on bitcoin price as you always on the market and all cryptocurrencies are being traded with bitcoin and it is the major need of cryptos.
Pages:
Jump to: