Pages:
Author

Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com - page 68. (Read 87776 times)

Activity: 99
Merit: 11
February 09, 2018, 05:24:55 PM
Just a food for brain... IF someone orders full palettes... Will that person need to manually connect all boards, and cables with hashboards and control boards? Thats seems to much work that is not needed for 50-100 units...

The video subtitle is "Some miners awaiting QA." so they would not get shipped in pallets like you see in video.

QA is gonna be saying "Yoshi! you forgot the controllers!!!"
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
February 09, 2018, 02:52:11 PM
If it is real, the difficulty will skyrocket. That alone is bad for everyone because bitcoin price is no longer skyrocketing like last year. It looks more real than before.

The opportunity to buy miner from someone else other than this Bitmain scammer Jihan Wu is bad for everyone?!? Maybe it's bad for you, but it's best thing that happen for everyone else. I just hope this not turn to be just another scam, for the good of the Bitcoin.

A war between asic manufacturers will not be good or bad for bitcoin. It will however, be horrible for miners LOL.
It will not be so bad for manufacturers because it probably cost them under 1,000 usd to make a miner. Bitmain can sell the antminer A3 for 980 USD after all. I read a theory by someone in the forum that it is possible that in future, only asic manufactures will mine because their break even is their machine manufacturing cost which is in the few hundred USD.

I understand that u do not like bitmain but this isnt any good. From wat I see, bitmain wins the war on SIA coin with the A3. If they want to, they can flood the market with S9s. They may even come up with a better chip. Who knows. And if they dont, more difficulty is just bad...

My bet is that this is manufactured in Innosilicon facility and shares same components, like control board and the steel tube design.

The constant mystery curtain around this Dragonmint case is just something I can not understand, and also I still don't know why they decided to kick me out in the telegram chat group.

That makes sense. If true, I guess inno rather do it quietly and thus, thats why there is no acknowledgement.
legendary
Activity: 2464
Merit: 1710
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
February 09, 2018, 01:59:32 PM
My bet is that this is manufactured in Innosilicon facility and shares same components, like control board and the steel tube design.

The constant mystery curtain around this Dragonmint case is just something I can not understand, and also I still don't know why they decided to kick me out in the telegram chat group.
February 09, 2018, 01:39:39 PM
The gear is real.

Not sure if it works well.

Not sure if it breaks a lot.

Not sure what repair service will be like.

Not sure how fast they ship.

Not sure if bitmain will:

a) drop the s-9 down to 1200 to hurt sales of this.
 b) drop sales of s-9 to 900 to kill sale of this.
 c) release a 18 0r 20 0r 22 th miner that uses  1200 to 1300 watts and just match sales price of this.

I am sure my gpus still make money even if I can't buy anymore.

I am sure Feb 9 is today

I am sure March 21 is spring and Yoshi said he will sell me 4-5 miners to be shipped to me in early April. I can pay with cc or paypal as he will trust me.

I  am sure I will check thread every day.

If it is real, the difficulty will skyrocket. That alone is bad for everyone because bitcoin price is no longer skyrocketing like last year. It looks more real than before.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
February 09, 2018, 01:26:15 PM
The gear is real.

Not sure if it works well.

Not sure if it breaks a lot.

Not sure what repair service will be like.

Not sure how fast they ship.

Not sure if bitmain will:

a) drop the s-9 down to 1200 to hurt sales of this.
 b) drop sales of s-9 to 900 to kill sale of this.
 c) release a 18 0r 20 0r 22 th miner that uses  1200 to 1300 watts and just match sales price of this.

I am sure my gpus still make money even if I can't buy anymore.

I am sure Feb 9 is today

I am sure March 21 is spring and Yoshi said he will sell me 4-5 miners to be shipped to me in early April. I can pay with cc or paypal as he will trust me.

I  am sure I will check thread every day.

February 09, 2018, 01:18:54 PM
Control boards are missing entirely.

I think they should change the video to "Stacking of DragonMint 16T". Production of a miner is typically quite a bit more complex than placing a thing on a pallet.

This video from their twitter post, says, "some miners awaiting QA" in the video description.  I wish I could zoom in
on those stickers on the sides, to get a glimpse of what they say. But, and a big but (no pun intended), perhaps the
boards and controllers are not connected for QA purposes.

From Hangolin's Twitter post: https://youtu.be/93UzVnRe6t0

I think they should change the video to "Stacking of DragonMint 16T". Production of a miner is typically quite a bit more complex than placing a thing on a pallet.

Yeah they suddenly think it is better idea to pack them to a pallet without any control board included, after I mentioned that it is a Innosilicon control board.

Seriously, wtf.  Huh

Something in all this smells fishy.

Also kicking me out of the telegram group chat seems fishy.

Two possibilities

1 - They are real

2 - This is a video taken after sneaking into innosilicon or bitmain factory.

Oddities and red flags:
-If u look at the background, on the left pallet, the miners have the white rectangular sticker BUT they do not have that black sticker that we see on the main pallet miner. That means the ones we are looking at the main pallet miner have been modified? They didnt modify the ones on the left and top left pallet because they are still wrapped in plastics?

- One of the miners that is still in its plastic wrapping, on left side pallet shows a smooth metal surface. I think the miners in that pallet are not modified as they are still wrapped in plastic.

-The 2 previous halong mining videos were 720p and 1080p. Why is this one 360p resolution?
-The yellow and black sticker looks like bitmains but I dont think it is difficult to make a sticker and paste it. Bitmains sticker is placed abit more lower, this one is placed higher. The smooth metal surface would be harder to do and I believe the accidental reveal online by Hagsfin showed that it could be innosilicon miner.

Do not that this is speculation. I am not saying anyone's factory was broken into. The miner could very well be real. The video isnt exactly clear.

Activity: 223
Merit: 12
February 09, 2018, 02:30:19 AM

From what they said: they will start shipping at the end of March and there will not be many units sent in March. Most of the units will be shipped early April. Just as FYI.

Isn't that the same Yoshi guy from the other video? I thought Yoshi worked at MyRig... now he's in the factory stacking pallets. Maybe Halong is a MyRig company all along? Or is this not the same dude?

I get more confused by the minute.
legendary
February 08, 2018, 10:09:29 PM
Packing those miners without a control board seems fishy as hell, and only reason I can think of is that because I've revealed that it is a Innosilicon hardware.
Activity: 266
Merit: 109
Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!
February 08, 2018, 10:08:12 PM
Just a food for brain... IF someone orders full palettes... Will that person need to manually connect all boards, and cables with hashboards and control boards? Thats seems to much work that is not needed for 50-100 units...
legendary
February 08, 2018, 10:05:28 PM

Yeah they suddenly think it is better idea to pack them to a pallet without any control board included, after I mentioned that it is a Innosilicon control board.

Seriously, wtf.  Huh

Something in all this smells fishy.

Also kicking me out of the telegram group chat seems fishy.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007
February 08, 2018, 05:43:10 PM
March 2018 shipping is supposedly, 22 days away..they did say units would ship in March 2018 I think I read...(can anyone confirm this?).no real pics/demo/etc to review.....you'd think they'd

From what they said: they will start shipping at the end of March and there will not be many units sent in March. Most of the units will be shipped early April. Just as FYI.
Activity: 350
Merit: 158
#takeminingback
February 08, 2018, 04:32:21 PM

This video from their twitter post, says, "some miners awaiting QA" in the video description.  I wish I could zoom in
on those stickers on the sides, to get a glimpse of what they say. But, and a big but (no pun intended), perhaps the
boards and controllers are not connected for QA purposes.

From Hangolin's Twitter post: https://youtu.be/93UzVnRe6t0
February 08, 2018, 03:54:27 PM
I find it odd that they are time after time avoiding my thorough question about the exactly similar design with Innosilicon hardware & software.

Usually when I ask this in the Telegram group chat, they just talk about different subject or post memes/emojis.

What makes you think you're so important that they should divulge trade secrets to a random stranger on a message board? Instead of everyone yelling scam why not just wait until March to see if the first batch of orders ship? The amount of time some of you are spending on this thread is nauseating.  

Copying Innosilicon hardware and software is now known as a 'trade secret'?  Cheesy

Lol.

I'm not thinking that I'm a important person.
Just for the sake of people who have invested in this a lot of money, I would like things to be as transparent as with any other manufacturer company.

None of them are innocent.  As the story goes,,, Innosilicon 'lifted' their IC technology from a Swiss company that was forced into bankruptcy.  I am not sure how true this story is and the reader will need to do their own due dilligence.  A good place to start may be Innosilicons rebuttal of these accusations.  
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/innosilicon-official-reponse-to-bitmine-bankruptcy-let-the-evidence-talk-1117069

In a country with little protections on intellectual property rights, this is not stealing, but a savvy business practice.

I am not an Inno customer but my gut tells me that Inno did didnt steal it. Why? Because they did invent other machines that mine other algorithms. Since they can do that, it seems unlikely that they stole that one tech for that one machine. This is just pure speculation though.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1220
February 08, 2018, 02:41:42 PM
No thats bogus FUD, bitmine and AMT just purchased the chips and boards from innosilicon and build miners around them.

There were lots of A1 miners around at the time, available from other resellers in china.
Activity: 262
Merit: 11
<<<-----( )----->>>
February 08, 2018, 01:43:37 PM
I find it odd that they are time after time avoiding my thorough question about the exactly similar design with Innosilicon hardware & software.

Usually when I ask this in the Telegram group chat, they just talk about different subject or post memes/emojis.

What makes you think you're so important that they should divulge trade secrets to a random stranger on a message board? Instead of everyone yelling scam why not just wait until March to see if the first batch of orders ship? The amount of time some of you are spending on this thread is nauseating.  

Copying Innosilicon hardware and software is now known as a 'trade secret'?  Cheesy

Lol.

I'm not thinking that I'm a important person.
Just for the sake of people who have invested in this a lot of money, I would like things to be as transparent as with any other manufacturer company.

None of them are innocent.  As the story goes,,, Innosilicon 'lifted' their IC technology from a Swiss company that was forced into bankruptcy.  I am not sure how true this story is and the reader will need to do their own due dilligence.  A good place to start may be Innosilicons rebuttal of these accusations.  
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/innosilicon-official-reponse-to-bitmine-bankruptcy-let-the-evidence-talk-1117069

In a country with little protections on intellectual property rights, this is not stealing, but a savvy business practice.
Activity: 6
Merit: 0
February 08, 2018, 12:39:46 PM

Glad someone else pointed that out.
legendary
Activity: 4256
Merit: 8551
'The right to privacy matters'
February 08, 2018, 09:56:55 AM
The gear is real.

Will it not break much? no one knows
Will it do 16 th at 1300 watts? no one knows
Will it ship on time? no one knows
Did they get big money up front ? yes

Should you send money in now?  I am still waiting for Yoshi to tell me in March I can buy 4-5 with a cc

Economics of a Nov 25 to March 25 preorder are very risky.

I earned good money from Nov 25 to Feb 8 with no preorders from them.  I did order 5 s-9's  and I am selling them off slowly making money on them and making space for my dragon mint order.

I still believe they are real and I have not sent in any money coin gold silver to get them.  My money has been working for me.

This is a big reason to not preorder. It ties up money.

I can not wait the 40 days to spring so I can order my five.

but I will wait
Activity: 461
Merit: 306
February 08, 2018, 09:46:24 AM
Once again Yoshi featured in a video showcasing their products yet he has no idea he is their distributor  Roll Eyes
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1858
Curmudgeonly hardware guy
February 08, 2018, 09:25:35 AM

Activity: 266
Merit: 109
Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!
February 08, 2018, 08:40:11 AM
Uhhh can @Sidehack and @Philip pull out something out this video?

And if you pay a little bit attention cables are missing from hashing boards that are connecting controllers...

And control borders are kinda shorter if you compare it to demo video: https://youtu.be/SRCsQUyR7_I?t=20
Pages:
Jump to: