Pages:
Author

Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com - page 85. (Read 87645 times)

Activity: 99
Merit: 11
January 18, 2018, 03:41:05 AM

Are they doing this out of spite for bitmain?? No offense but it does not sound believable that it suddenly exists.

I could only suspect it before but now it is all too clear. Halong is simply a propaganda smoke screen in the BTC/BCH tug of war.

Bitmain allied with BCH therefore BTC Devs need a hardware ally so they created Halong. Slush is also very aligned with BTC Core Team so it all makes sense.

Halong may very well have every intention of trying to create an actual miner so this is not the typical run away with the money scam. However they are completely deceptive in their tactics.

I have come to believe their motives are:
#1 publicly denounce bitmain. you can easily see this in their marketing and comments on this thread
#2 soak up money from miners who would otherwise be buying from bitmain
#3 collect money from the unwary as a slush fund to be used to advance Core priorities
#4 the last priority in all this is to create an asic miner. They may actually make one. I can only hope that they do but it is not their primary focus.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 2036
January 18, 2018, 03:40:28 AM
He has posted more information regarding his dealings with Halong on the other thread. You can find it by clicking on his profile and going to his only other post.

Keep in mind these are his only 2 posts, and if everything is true, it's nice to try and help everyone out by being transparent.

Either way this whole product scenario has my spidey senses tingling, and until they get out the batches they have taken pre orders for I wouldn't touch it with someone else's 10 foot pole.

EDIT: Sorry misread didn't realize that his first post was in this thread. If there is new information it would be great to see it.
Merit: 11
January 18, 2018, 03:22:28 AM
After further research and after being in contact with Innosilicon our company will no longer be going to Miami for the demonstration day.

We have talked to Innosilicon regarding Halong using one of their machines in the press pictures and we have reached a concrete verdict. We will be taking our business elsewhere.
Caveat emptor, please do not delve any further into this smoke and mirror operation and put more money into this. We have done the most intensive research by far of anyone online and there simply isn't a silver lining.

If anyone wants more information feel free to pm me, and if anyone wants our spot for the demo day or information on it also pm.

Don't leave us. Please share your information publicly. People deserve to know.
Activity: 10
Merit: 1
January 18, 2018, 02:22:51 AM
After further research and after being in contact with Innosilicon our company will no longer be going to Miami for the demonstration day.

We have talked to Innosilicon regarding Halong using one of their machines in the press pictures and we have reached a concrete verdict. We will be taking our business elsewhere.
Caveat emptor, please do not delve any further into this smoke and mirror operation and put more money into this. We have done the most intensive research by far of anyone online and there simply isn't a silver lining.

If anyone wants more information feel free to pm me, and if anyone wants our spot for the demo day or information on it also pm.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 18, 2018, 02:00:41 AM

It is kinda coincidental. When did they spent the time to research this? Bitmain juz released A3 yesterday.

Antminer A3 is at 815 GHz for 1275Watts.
Baikal Giant B is 80 Ghz for 300watts.... For 1200 watts, it does 320 Ghz only

How in blue hell can they do 3,500 GHZ for 1000watts. Thats 4,200 GHZ for 1200 watts.... about 3 times better than bitmain and 13 times better than Baikal giant B? Did I get the numbers right?

Are they doing this out of spite for bitmain?? No offense but it does not sound believable that it suddenly exists.

Also, if i read this right https://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/blakecoin-mining-calculator/?h=3150000&p=1000&pc=0.1&pf=0.00&d=83525.89964994&r=25.03564214&er=0.00001039&btcer=11762.66000000&hc=0.00
3.15 TH at 1000watts at 10 USD cents electricity would give them 2,300 usd profit a day!!!
Of course, adding miners these would increase difficulty but it is still really good.
There is no point selling these miners when they give near 70k usd a month....
They probably got 3.15 TH in simulation  Roll Eyes
Activity: 462
Merit: 118
January 18, 2018, 01:57:35 AM
FYI
Real or not

It is kinda coincidental. When did they spent the time to research this? Bitmain juz released A3 yesterday.

Antminer A3 is at 815 GHz for 1275Watts.
Baikal Giant B is 80 Ghz for 300watts.... For 1200 watts, it does 320 Ghz only

They do 3,500 GHZ for 1000watts?? Thats 4,200 GHZ for 1200 watts.... about 5 times better than bitmain and 13 times better than Baikal giant B? Did I get the numbers right?

Also, if i read this right https://www.coinwarz.com/calculators/blakecoin-mining-calculator/?h=3150000&p=1000&pc=0.1&pf=0.00&d=83525.89964994&r=25.03564214&er=0.00001039&btcer=11762.66000000&hc=0.00
3.15 TH at 1000watts at 10 USD cents electricity would give them 2,300 usd profit a day!!!
Of course, adding miners these would increase difficulty but it is still really good.
There is no point selling these miners when they give near 70k usd a month....
Activity: 70
Merit: 34
January 18, 2018, 12:01:25 AM
They just tweeted that they are releasing a blake2b miner as well, with supposedly better stats than the A3. That's awfully coincidental don't you think? I mean why go after one coin? I can see an established company doing it, but now there's two vaporware miners with one drawing the ire of a particular coin.

Balls on these guys. Damn.

So their first try at designing a more efficient ASIC, BAM better than Bitmain and all others.
One day after Bitmain offers A3 for sale, BAM they do it better.

Just send us plenty of BTC.
Activity: 28
January 17, 2018, 11:29:40 PM
I just tried to get on there waiting list for the new miner and it doesn't let you sign up.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
1.21 GIGA WATTS
January 17, 2018, 11:22:25 PM
FYI
Real or not
Activity: 504
Merit: 71
Just Getting Started...
January 17, 2018, 11:11:54 PM
They just tweeted that they are releasing a blake2b miner as well, with supposedly better stats than the A3. That's awfully coincidental don't you think? I mean why go after one coin? I can see an established company doing it, but now there's two vaporware miners with one drawing the ire of a particular coin.
Activity: 199
Merit: 100
January 17, 2018, 11:04:00 PM
  I ordered 5, that is all I am willing to risk. At this point, I am doubtful any machines will ever materialize. If 3rd party videos come out of "demonstration day," I might believe that this is all not a scam.

I will not be buying any more until actual units are delivered, but Bitmain will probably have something better by then anyway.   For now, it is wait and see for me. A real company with real products should be out there demonstrating their product to as many people as they can, not hiding the product and themselves away. It is about real people coming out and putting themselves out as much as their product, an easy thing to do if it is not a scam.

Exactly.
They don't even have an About Us page on their website..
Comments disabled on their YouTube video..
I wouldn't buy a toothpick from this "company".
Activity: 17
January 17, 2018, 04:00:38 PM
   I ordered 5, that is all I am willing to risk. At this point, I am doubtful any machines will ever materialize. If 3rd party videos come out of "demonstration day," I might believe that this is all not a scam.

I will not be buying any more until actual units are delivered, but Bitmain will probably have something better by then anyway.   For now, it is wait and see for me. A real company with real products should be out there demonstrating their product to as many people as they can, not hiding the product and themselves away. It is about real people coming out and putting themselves out as much as their product, an easy thing to do if it is not a scam.
Merit: 4
January 17, 2018, 03:37:00 PM
So now theyve done TWO preorders with no real product in anyones hands.

How could anyone trust this?
Activity: 658
Merit: 21
4 s9's 2 821's
January 17, 2018, 03:05:09 PM
That's interesting. Lets see if they can beat Halong to the punch by Mar/Apr with a new miner.

I fear for it.

No new batch of S9 before chinese new year?
Maybe they just will wait until March to not "scam" those customers who just bought an expensive one.
And then maybe first selling the S9 for a cheap price.

Or ... S11 ? Maybe, but I think first they will sell the S9 for a rocking price to competit.

Future will be interesting Shocked Grin

They will keep selling the s9 until someone else can get something better.  Meanwhile they can keep whatever it is they have under wraps in their own mines. 
Activity: 263
Merit: 131
January 17, 2018, 03:00:21 PM
That's interesting. Lets see if they can beat Halong to the punch by Mar/Apr with a new miner.

I fear for it.

No new batch of S9 before chinese new year?
Maybe they just will wait until March to not "scam" those customers who just bought an expensive one.
And then maybe first selling the S9 for a cheap price.

Or ... S11 ? Maybe, but I think first they will sell the S9 for a rocking price to competit.

Future will be interesting Shocked Grin
Activity: 263
Merit: 131
January 17, 2018, 02:55:34 PM
Yes, QuestionQuest, I agree with you that others that have backed it publically, however they have no real skin in the game.  We haven't heard anything else from them since their initial tweets. Yoshi, Offord work directly for/with HalongMining.  I have faith that this will all play out as everyone hopes, as it's hard to imagine going to such lengths and taking huge criminal risks to be a scam.  But then again, I'm probably just naive.  Can hardly wait for 19th-20th for some reports from the demo in Miami.

Maybe Yoshi is not the same Yoshi.. maybe he sold bitmainwarranty/myrig to someone who is now using it to show legitimacy for Halong.

And maybe the hair of Donald Trump is really an alien. And this alien controls Trump.
Any maybe the conspiracy is bigger as you believe. Hitler is alive and Satoshi Nakamoto for real is him!
And he now is scamming all of us with Halong - the short form for HAIL ON GENIUS!
After all proofs it seems to be more legit then the other way around.

But lets wait some more days for Miami before getting crazy again about "red flags", "scam" and whatever people are screaming without any proofs.
Activity: 28
January 17, 2018, 02:03:07 PM
legendary
Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000
January 17, 2018, 01:23:46 PM
* But most importantly of all, Bitmain are not going to give up their crown, they will either release large batches of cheap miners, or they will come up with a new miner say with an extra board and down clocked so as to achieve the speed and power usage to beat it, that's if they haven't got a completely new miner up their sleeves already.

And to illustrate this point perfectly, Obelisk were planning on releasing a SIA miner in July 100GH @ 500w. Today out of the blue with no warning bitmain just dropped an 800GH @ 1275w miner the A3 and just rendered that project obsolete.
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
January 17, 2018, 11:17:03 AM
Yes, QuestionQuest, I agree with you that others that have backed it publically, however they have no real skin in the game.  We haven't heard anything else from them since their initial tweets. Yoshi, Offord work directly for/with HalongMining.  I have faith that this will all play out as everyone hopes, as it's hard to imagine going to such lengths and taking huge criminal risks to be a scam.  But then again, I'm probably just naive.  Can hardly wait for 19th-20th for some reports from the demo in Miami.

Maybe Yoshi is not the same Yoshi.. maybe he sold bitmainwarranty/myrig to someone who is now using it to show legitimacy for Halong.

That is an interesting take.

Would not fit the style of the thread but hey until they are working in the field we don’t know a thing.
Activity: 199
Merit: 100
January 17, 2018, 10:46:36 AM

Pages:
Jump to: