Pages:
Author

Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com - page 86. (Read 87645 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
January 17, 2018, 09:49:37 AM
Yes, QuestionQuest, I agree with you that others that have backed it publically, however they have no real skin in the game.  We haven't heard anything else from them since their initial tweets. Yoshi, Offord work directly for/with HalongMining.  I have faith that this will all play out as everyone hopes, as it's hard to imagine going to such lengths and taking huge criminal risks to be a scam.  But then again, I'm probably just naive.  Can hardly wait for 19th-20th for some reports from the demo in Miami.
Activity: 263
Merit: 131
January 17, 2018, 08:40:28 AM
Thanks for your post @bt898. If the Miami demo proves true, it will show that the technology is doable, however it doesn't mean that they can or even intend to mass produce these to satisfy the orders Sad   I don't know anything about the Innosilicon plant but perhaps they will use their facility Huh given the similarities pointed out on this thread. Just trying to stay optomistic although it's quite hard with all the red flags and unusual secrecy swirling around it.  At least we have known entities (yoshi, offord) who seem to legitimize it, and, by the way, would be liable to some degree for any scam.

Positive:
1) I dont see any "real red flag" for now. And I am still staying the middle of it. There are to many known people involved with many authentic sources and proofs (see the post from page 34 to here) that I still believe in it. And that Bitmainwarranty is involved is gaining more trust to me. I still believe its more real then anything else by proofs and sources.
You said Yoshi and Offord "legitimized it. What about btcdrak, Jan Braiins (@Slushpool), Adam Back or Samson Mow? They all legitimized it in a way. (the testmachine, only)

Negativ:
2) Proof is even not given thru testmachines. Could be 1 of 10 machines they assembled. (we already had this before with other manufacturers). In this case we have the "UFO"-thing "Searing" was already explaining some sites before in this post. Biggest scam, even known people could not stand the scam.

At the end, even without scam, a lot of things can happen and go wrong until delivery.
If my (or your) order of DragonMint received the delivery address and its working in the given parameters - then we all can be sure.

Until this point I say: Its more real, then scam - but nobody knows Smiley
Activity: 14
January 17, 2018, 07:57:54 AM
Thanks for your post @bt898. If the Miami demo proves true, it will show that the technology is doable, however it doesn't mean that they can or even intend to mass produce these to satisfy the orders Sad   I don't know anything about the Innosilicon plant but perhaps they will use their facility Huh given the similarities pointed out on this thread. Just trying to stay optomistic although it's quite hard with all the red flags and unusual secrecy swirling around it.  At least we have known entities (yoshi, offord) who seem to legitimize it, and, by the way, would be liable to some degree for any scam.
Activity: 223
Merit: 12
January 17, 2018, 06:03:44 AM

They said that they didn't need to raise any cash as they had enough from the private investors. It's mentioned earlier in this thread.

It’s been said they had $30 Million to develop the product, but no clue how accurate that may be nor if any was left to mfg or not. It’s all hazy until they shine some more light, frankly.
Activity: 3
January 17, 2018, 04:19:02 AM
I am making this post to put the most up to date and relevant information to the general public as possible. Everyone share this as you like I believe it is the most substantial information on Halong that there is anywhere right now.

I contacted Halong to place an order of 1000-10,000 units. In response to my original message I was contacted by a "Richard Hogan". After asking about secured methods of payment and assurances for such a large order I received "only BTC or Wire" for payment and not much else.

Next, I asked to fly any day of the week to meet with Halong and see their factory and unit in action. At this point he responded and cc'd MyRig and a guy named Yoshi; who, after doing some research I found was previously "bitmainwarranty" who has done work with philipma1957. I found all of this from thread posts and also saw that Yoshi hasn't been active since June of 2017. This was about 3 days before they made the announcement that MyRig would be their distributer.

I then asked when they would be available for a factory tour, wanting a future date since they "aren't set up to accept visitors right now" to which I received the same response but was asked if I wanted to go meet in Miami on the 20th for "demonstration day" of their machine. What is interesting is that at this point they cc'd Myrig <[email protected]>                
Scott Offord <[email protected]>,
Halong Corp <[email protected]>

.....  as you can see Scott Offord is clearly working with Halong and he is using the email "[email protected]"

So at this point I resubmitted that I wanted an estimate for a date in the future for clarification.

They then replied that they will never have factory tours.

I believe this scared them into a corner as they saw that I am adamant and that I want to see their "factory" and "company" in real life and they suggested that I not go to the demonstration day and that I wait for a may order cycle. Presumable to get me off this chain of questioning since in all likelihood they cannot prove anything.

I would love to be wrong but there seems to be way to many red flags right now.

After I then said that I still want to go to the "demonstration day" they said that all of a sudden within 24 hours all their meeting times were booked; but, that they that might be able to squeeze little ole million dollar order me in to see a demonstration of the unit.

It seems that the whole company is 3 people: This Richard Hogan who is the name they gave themselves in china, Scott who has the only rig in existence in america, and then MyRig who threw together a site and is acting as their "distributor" and repair company for warranty work. Also, it seems that Scott is just going to ferry the one existing unit in the world to Miami to show these people at "demonstration day".

Right now I have a "meeting" on the 19th in Miami, to see the unit and a address to go to.  Lets see how far this goes.

Currently I am waiting to see if they follow through with their invitation to go to Miami, I have a feeling that they will not provide any information as I seem to have gotten as far as I can.

HOWEVER, if they do provide proof and I go to Miami I will follow up. After all I am ready to place a multi million dollar order; however, only if there is substantial proof that the product is real and that my company will receive our orders. If the product is real I will place the order and keep you all updated on their reliability and output if the orders truly exist and come in.

If anyone would like copies of the email chains you are more than welcome to message me.

I would like to receive the communication with Halong, could you dm me?. I am also planning for a big order, but need more info although...
Activity: 156
Merit: 100
Can I eat a Bitcoin?
January 17, 2018, 03:26:11 AM
100% scam. I have yet to see a video or even hands on review of the thing

Even Bitmain made fun of them

Bitmain itself is not the brightest shit out there. At least they deliver products though I must give it to them. (products with ANTBLEED & ASICBOOST)

Some people are just happy with their hardware which carries a trojan horse inside i guess.

Anything to keep the populous happy I suppose
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
January 17, 2018, 02:39:32 AM

Bitmain itself is not the brightest shit out there. At least they deliver products though I must give it to them. (products with ANTBLEED & ASICBOOST)

Some people are just happy with their hardware which carries a trojan horse inside i guess.
Activity: 402
Merit: 116
January 17, 2018, 02:31:58 AM
This is not going to end well for many people............just like good ol' Bitconnect
Can I eat a Bitcoin?
January 17, 2018, 01:54:50 AM

Activity: 70
Merit: 34
January 17, 2018, 01:48:43 AM
There goes the 50th red flag.

OMG I really hope nobody gets ripped off on this. That would suck.

legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
January 17, 2018, 01:25:58 AM
Umm, Now I don't feel as happy as before. I guess It might be a scam:(

Legitimacy dropped to %70

Scott said that he is helping with the sales. He didn't say he was working for them which is what he is doing. That's a red flag.
Activity: 461
Merit: 306
January 16, 2018, 11:54:33 PM
This whole thread is suspect...At this point I will buy from only the established manufacturers in this space. I am not risking $40,000 in my next wave of miners on the unknown plain and simple. You guys want to go for it, I hope it works out for all of you. I have seen too many of these fly by night companies overpromise and under deliver (or not deliver at all).

When we were trying to grow BCMonster.com we were trying a ton of ways to get investors/miners/manufacturers interested and they didn't pan out. Frankly because bitcoin wasn't what it is now. We wouldve been ecstatic if someone wanted to invest in a large mining farm to point solely at our pool. We wouldve gladly waived all pool fees to do so to help grow the pool. It just baffles me that any legitimate startup would reject any sort of payment from prospective buyers.
Activity: 10
Merit: 1
January 16, 2018, 11:34:58 PM
I am making this post to put the most up to date and relevant information to the general public as possible. Everyone share this as you like I believe it is the most substantial information on Halong that there is anywhere right now.

I contacted Halong to place an order of 1000-10,000 units. In response to my original message I was contacted by a "Richard Hogan". After asking about secured methods of payment and assurances for such a large order I received "only BTC or Wire" for payment and not much else.

Next, I asked to fly any day of the week to meet with Halong and see their factory and unit in action. At this point he responded and cc'd MyRig and a guy named Yoshi; who, after doing some research I found was previously "bitmainwarranty" who has done work with philipma1957. I found all of this from thread posts and also saw that Yoshi hasn't been active since June of 2017. This was about 3 days before they made the announcement that MyRig would be their distributer.

I then asked when they would be available for a factory tour, wanting a future date since they "aren't set up to accept visitors right now" to which I received the same response but was asked if I wanted to go meet in Miami on the 20th for "demonstration day" of their machine. What is interesting is that at this point they cc'd Myrig <[email protected]>                
Scott Offord <[email protected]>,
Halong Corp <[email protected]>

.....  as you can see Scott Offord is clearly working with Halong and he is using the email "[email protected]"

So at this point I resubmitted that I wanted an estimate for a date in the future for clarification.

They then replied that they will never have factory tours.

I believe this scared them into a corner as they saw that I am adamant and that I want to see their "factory" and "company" in real life and they suggested that I not go to the demonstration day and that I wait for a may order cycle. Presumable to get me off this chain of questioning since in all likelihood they cannot prove anything.

I would love to be wrong but there seems to be way to many red flags right now.

After I then said that I still want to go to the "demonstration day" they said that all of a sudden within 24 hours all their meeting times were booked; but, that they that might be able to squeeze little ole million dollar order me in to see a demonstration of the unit.

It seems that the whole company is 3 people: This Richard Hogan who is the name they gave themselves in china, Scott who has the only rig in existence in america, and then MyRig who threw together a site and is acting as their "distributor" and repair company for warranty work. Also, it seems that Scott is just going to ferry the one existing unit in the world to Miami to show these people at "demonstration day".

Right now I have a "meeting" on the 19th in Miami, to see the unit and a address to go to.  Lets see how far this goes.

Currently I am waiting to see if they follow through with their invitation to go to Miami, I have a feeling that they will not provide any information as I seem to have gotten as far as I can.

HOWEVER, if they do provide proof and I go to Miami I will follow up. After all I am ready to place a multi million dollar order; however, only if there is substantial proof that the product is real and that my company will receive our orders. If the product is real I will place the order and keep you all updated on their reliability and output if the orders truly exist and come in.

If anyone would like copies of the email chains you are more than welcome to message me.
Activity: 266
Merit: 109
Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!
January 16, 2018, 06:38:50 PM
"No need to increase price" 1600 > 2400... same shit as Bitmain.. No more-no less.
Can I eat a Bitcoin?
January 16, 2018, 06:24:01 PM
My buddy ordered one back in November and has yet to get a tracking number so I'm wary on even considering one of these
That's because they haven't shipped out (yet).

What a bunch of slackers
Activity: 56
January 16, 2018, 06:22:54 PM
Does anybody else think the company's stated goal of decentralization is inconsistent with a 5 piece minimum order? Or does it just seem that way to me as a nooby noob?

Hey... nice noobys. Sorry... had to.

It does seem counter-intuitive to that. I think any hardware manufacturer's first order of business is to sell a shit load of hardware, and this helped them probably raise up the cash needed to do this first mfg. run, I'm guessing. Maybe future runs won't require such a high MOQ.

They said that they didn't need to raise any cash as they had enough from the private investors. It's mentioned earlier in this thread.
Activity: 223
Merit: 12
January 16, 2018, 06:19:33 PM
Does anybody else think the company's stated goal of decentralization is inconsistent with a 5 piece minimum order? Or does it just seem that way to me as a nooby noob?

Hey... nice noobys. Sorry... had to.

It does seem counter-intuitive to that. I think any hardware manufacturer's first order of business is to sell a shit load of hardware, and this helped them probably raise up the cash needed to do this first mfg. run, I'm guessing. Maybe future runs won't require such a high MOQ.
January 16, 2018, 06:14:31 PM
I tested, the Myrig.com order system is not functioning properly at the moment..
Indeed, and I am not getting the option to ship the package. The only option I get is "Local pickup".
I guess their system isn't ready for order, just yet.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706
Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.
January 16, 2018, 06:12:59 PM
I tested, the Myrig.com order system is not functioning properly at the moment..
January 16, 2018, 06:11:05 PM
My buddy ordered one back in November and has yet to get a tracking number so I'm wary on even considering one of these
That's because they haven't shipped out (yet).
Pages:
Jump to: