Pages:
Author

Topic: DragonMint T1 16TH/S halongmining.com - page 90. (Read 87645 times)

Activity: 223
Merit: 12
January 14, 2018, 11:05:54 PM
Given that myrig.com price for the S9 according to their website is twice bitmain's, I'm hoping for a reasonable price first Smiley

I'm guessing about double as well. And double what? I doubt after the recent Bitmain pricing jumps that the Dragonmint will stay around $1,500 -- so probably closer to $2,100 and then double that. Ugh.

Or... maybe with these two going more head-to-head, perhaps there will be some price easement across both brands? Dunno.

And then there's those who believe that because of the Dragonmint's existence (or suggested existence, etc.)... that Bitmain is now rushing along S11 development to smack Halong upside their head as soon as they actually start shipping the things. Ugh.

If Bitmain comes out with a 18-28TH S11 around the same time as the Dragonmint, then pricing probably stays in the $2,200-$2,500 range for the time being. Too much interest in either product not to. Ugh.

(Moderator's note: This post was edited by frodocooper to fix broken quote formatting.)
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
January 14, 2018, 10:49:59 PM
I'm hoping, but not expecting. It's going to be a crazy buy fest. Maybe within a few months the "frenzy" will ease up. Either that or I'll simply vote with my pocketbook and buy cheaper, but less efficient ASIC hardware.

Hopefully at the very least Bitmain will release some s9's at a low price when the Dragonmint's come out. It would be nice to have the option to order less than 5 at a time as well if these end up being legit.
Activity: 504
Merit: 71
Just Getting Started...
January 14, 2018, 10:39:08 PM
That is the quote that convinced me it is real.

fefox has been in the top 5 on bitminter since I first mined there in 2012

back when  20th  was the entire network. Grin

I hope to order  2-4 units from myrig.com
Given that myrig.com price for the S9 according to their website is twice bitmain's, I'm hoping for a reasonable price first Smiley

I'm hoping, but not expecting. It's going to be a crazy buy fest. Maybe within a few months the "frenzy" will ease up. Either that or I'll simply vote with my pocketbook and buy cheaper, but less efficient ASIC hardware.
Activity: 140
Merit: 17
January 14, 2018, 10:31:10 PM

Activity: 266
Merit: 109
Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!
January 14, 2018, 09:59:13 PM
Ah yea other way around....ah god im sooo stooopid...thanks!
January 14, 2018, 09:47:18 PM
Soo how i understood MyRig is now BitmainWarranty - guyz that fix antminers from US?

Other way around. Formerly known as BitmainWarranty now MyRig.com. But yes, same co and they still do repairs.
Activity: 266
Ultra Mega Giga Super Cool Flying Oposum!
January 14, 2018, 09:43:25 PM
Soo how i understood MyRig is now BitmainWarranty - guyz that fix antminers from US?
legendary
Activity: 4172
Merit: 8075
'The right to privacy matters'
January 14, 2018, 09:31:11 PM

Activity: 462
Merit: 300
January 14, 2018, 09:29:06 PM
So phil I went to bitminter thread and found this

There is a (POSABLE) new miner out called Dragonmint miner. I saw it on Ebay for preorder and on Bitcointalk. It's supposed to hit 16TH. If it is legit it's great for mining and it's not Bitmain's. Launch date is March/April My advice is to wait and see before putting any money into a preorder.

The Dragonmint miner is real! I have had physical contact Smiley

Fefox has mined at bitminter for 5+ years

https://bitminter.com/livestats/big

number 2 on the list
legendary
January 14, 2018, 09:17:38 PM

@ mustangy

I have been told it is a completely new chip

I have exchanged emails  with myrig.com

it is real and they will be taking orders.

Contact [email protected]

bigger size link to email

https://i.imgur.com/4KVKEW0.png
Activity: 333
January 14, 2018, 08:59:39 PM
finger crossed waiting anyone see what chip they been used?
power consume is 240v 1480w ?
this seems better than s9
copper member
Activity: 1162
Merit: 32
January 14, 2018, 05:15:01 PM
What country are you in?
legendary
January 14, 2018, 04:30:48 PM
Now its %95+ legit to me.  Cheesy

To make it %100, i need to see the actual product. Just to be sure.

I will email them and ask if they confirm it is real.

email sent

and screen shot of myrig website dragonmint sell page

January 14, 2018, 04:30:24 PM
I wasn't implying they were not real, I was thinking they probably have much higher priorities now. Revenue from repairing boards may be peanuts compared with the business opportunity of selling/representing these miners. It also makes sense for people with a deep knowledge of bitmain's and other hardware to be involved with this. The part of my board ending up in a dragon mint mock-up was just a joke. Although I do think that some of those first "prototypes" may have had bitmain's hardware inside.
legendary
Activity: 3276
Merit: 2442
January 14, 2018, 04:26:51 PM
Now its %95+ legit to me.  Cheesy

To make it %100, i need to see the actual product. Just to be sure.
legendary
January 14, 2018, 04:25:15 PM
myrig.com is real
I do business with them

I can email them  and if they say it is real it is real.

I will email them today

January 14, 2018, 04:12:40 PM
This may explain why they haven't even looked at the board I sent them for repair 3 weeks ago. I hope it doesn't end up in a dragon mint mock-up Smiley
Activity: 504
Merit: 71
Just Getting Started...
January 14, 2018, 01:50:40 PM
Well let's just take this as a glimmer of hope. One thing's for sure, pretty much everyone here wants to have choice in the equipment they buy to mine.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
January 14, 2018, 01:06:18 PM

Hopefull. I have an UFO in my head the last day Wink
But the Twitter account of "Dorian Nakamoto" (pseudo name) is from summer 2017.
A lot of retweets but he is not famous or known in the crypto community for now (what I see or know).

But on the website, next to a lot of numbers from different countries, I see an address:
3700 Quebec Street, Unit 100-239 Denver, Colorado 80207, USA

I see inside this building:
Panera Bread
Westerra Credit Union
Aerial Equioment Company
SportClips
The UPS Store

So its maybe the store address what is not uncommen in USA/Canada (P.O. Box)
Anyways. Anyone in here from Denver to visit them?

The company does its shipping and receiving from the UPS Store.
People don't realize that many businesses operate in any way they can.  These are not large multi-national companies such as Amazon.
A lot of the Bitmain resellers in China (who sell on Alibaba) run their business from a 5x5 cubicle with boxes of antminers stacked up high, with some guys just setting up shipments all day.  People expect too much from these small businesses, not every profitable business can afford to run professional distribution facilities.
Pages:
Jump to: