Pages:
Author

Topic: [DSH] Dashcoin (Cryptonote, automated source) - page 47. (Read 216687 times)

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Are you seeing just core developers as owners? When I use the word 'owner' I mean every person holding coins. Holding coins = owning part of the network.

+1
slb
Activity: 598
Merit: 501
What for? Dashcoin brings nothing unique.
Litecoin brings nothing unique. Dogecoin brings nothing unique. Monero and Ducknote brings nothing unique. It is the set of people that makes the coin. The activity of the owners is what gives value.

From the OP:

Why mirror image is better than self sustained fork?
The reason is simple - costs. Self sustained forks demand a lot of development time, if you want to build a well maintained cryptocurrency. And if the network grows, the required development time is likely to grow too.
A simpler, and less costly way to maintain a network with high reliability is to create a self mutating copy of it. Mutating copy is a simple copy of the original source, mutating every time the original source mutates.

Even more - such a process can be automated!

Tell me, what is it exactly that you do?

Scripts, tests, bug fixing and reporting. Suggesting features to make the process better.
Are you seeing just core developers as owners? When I use the word 'owner' I mean every person holding coins. Holding coins = owning part of the network.
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
You can trust me, I have an avatar
Litecoin brings nothing unique. Dogecoin brings nothing unique. Monero and Ducknote brings nothing unique. It is the set of people that makes the coin. The activity of the owners is what gives value.

From the OP:

Why mirror image is better than self sustained fork?
The reason is simple - costs. Self sustained forks demand a lot of development time, if you want to build a well maintained cryptocurrency. And if the network grows, the required development time is likely to grow too.
A simpler, and less costly way to maintain a network with high reliability is to create a self mutating copy of it. Mutating copy is a simple copy of the original source, mutating every time the original source mutates.

Even more - such a process can be automated!

Tell me, what is it exactly that you do?
Activity: 122
Dev,can you develop a GUI DSH wallet like BBR?
Activity: 125
Will DSH be the next cryptonite coin listed on hitbtc.com after XDN,BCN,FCN,QCN?  Huh Huh
slb
Activity: 224
Something error:

504 Gateway Timeout
Cann't connect to remote host

Please check or try again later.
Generated by kangle-proxy/3.1.6.

Does http://dsh.extremepool.org/ stop DSH mining?

Just use Minergate  Wink
extreme pool is fine.  has 56khs on it.
Activity: 521
Merit: 256
Something error:

504 Gateway Timeout

Just use Minergate  Wink
Activity: 235
Greetings DSH wizards! I humbly bow before your knowledge in quest of DSH enlightenment.

After a computer (ubuntu 14.04) hang I cannot load the simple wallet file.  I get this message:

Error: failed to load wallet: failed to read file "dashcoin-qt"

My last back-up was about 15 hours ago and I have received many coins since then. Please advise me on what I should do.

Thanks in advance!

All is well! Back-up refreshed just fine!
Activity: 378
Let's vote  Grin
Vote for Dashcoin on hitbtc - https://hitbtc.com/vote

Litecoin, Dogecoin and Ducknote are excellent examples of coins that are doing terribly bad.
Activity: 235
Greetings DSH wizards! I humbly bow before your knowledge in quest of DSH enlightenment.

After a computer (ubuntu 14.04) hang I cannot load the simple wallet file.  I get this message:

Error: failed to load wallet: failed to read file "dashcoin-qt"

My last back-up was about 15 hours ago and I have received many coins since then. Please advise me on what I should do.

Thanks in advance!
slb
Let's vote  Grin

Activity: 378
Let's vote  Grin

Activity: 122
Let's vote  Grin
slb
Dev,any marketing or promotion plan for DSH?
No marketing plan. If you or someone else is willing to make some you can contact me or just act. We (core devs) have no time for marketing/promotion, so you must be the active side. I can help with DSH from the community funding.
Activity: 123
Something error:

504 Gateway Timeout

Activity: 123
Dev,any marketing or promotion plan for DSH?
slb
I think the current transction fee is way too high  Sad
Explain your problem. No way to help you if you not explain. The default transaction fee is 0.01 DSH as I said above.
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
I think the current transction fee is way too high  Sad
slb
@Dev,What's the tranaction fee now?
I've mined .41 bil,but only received less than 0.4bil.  Huh Huh
Any pending balance on pools? Tx fee is 0.01 DSH on most pools (10 DSH on minergate). Where are you mining?
I made an extensive investigation of the issue. The problem is in the open source pool that all pools expect Minergate are using. There is a flaw in the pool design. When a transaction passes as successful through the daemon, but it not included in the blockchain in 24 hours, it is still counted as paid. This is a major flaw in the open source pool design. Not only Dashcoin is affected by this. Every Cryptonote with "transaction life" mined by "fancoder/cryptonote-universal-pool" and "zone117x/node-cryptonote-pool" has this problem.
Also, I am not sure Minergate makes this check either. I just have no way to test it.
Pools have the transaction ids saved, so the unpaid balances must not be counted as lost.

Edit: I informed all pool developers about the issue.
Pages:
Jump to: