Pages:
Author

Topic: Dwarf FPGA – the anti-ASIC - page 23. (Read 43440 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 2
June 21, 2018, 01:52:23 PM
I think I'm more excited about building a little tower of these as a project, than actually mining: something like this:

(I'm too new to embed images)

i dont know what exactly that is or what it does but i want one
Activity: 91
Merit: 10
June 21, 2018, 01:31:16 PM
I think I'm more excited about building a little tower of these as a project, than actually mining: something like this:

(I'm too new to embed images)

Activity: 364
Merit: 106
ONe Social Network.
June 21, 2018, 12:47:56 PM

thats the only thing you will get if you are lucky Grin
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
June 21, 2018, 11:30:47 AM
With a small team it may take them a month to get 5000 miners in the mail, so I'm forcing myself to be patient (and also remain optimistic Smiley ) . Is the next thing we're hoping for a pic of a box of miners all individually bagged up? Then we'd at least know those bare-boards were processed.

yes, pics would be great.

my money is spent already, ...so, yeah, took the risk and staying optimistic.
Activity: 557
Merit: 5
June 21, 2018, 11:09:30 AM
With a small team it may take them a month to get 5000 miners in the mail, so I'm forcing myself to be patient (and also remain optimistic Smiley ) . Is the next thing we're hoping for a pic of a box of miners all individually bagged up? Then we'd at least know those bare-boards were processed.
They are shipping directly from China. I'm pretty sure they are more than well equipped with small hands to do that in a week
With an average of 4 piece per shipping than only 5 days for a team of 5 with 10 minutes / box, nothing special (and i'm very generous in time with 10 minutes, this can be done in less than 5 minutes with the correct process)
June 21, 2018, 10:55:53 AM
June 21, 2018, 10:44:28 AM
So tomorrow is the big "Friday"

killing me softly with "festivals" 
There is no national holidays before september now.
Honestly, many chinese boards manufacturers are known to throw customers orders in the waiting line for some specific national holidays whatever the consequences for the customers. Dragon Boat festival is one of those occasion with the New Year in february.
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
June 21, 2018, 10:29:42 AM
So tomorrow is the big "Friday"

killing me softly with "festivals" 
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
June 21, 2018, 10:06:30 AM
Ouch. How could people even fall for scams like this?

They can't even afford to buy their own domain and you thing this is a legitimate product? This is why scamming is becoming a very lucrative endeavour for some. Don't get me wrong I feel really bad and sorry for all those who were scammed but come on. I'd expect that people investing in crypto and posting here would be smarter than the average person.

Having a .com domain doesnt give any kind of security.
I'd say my weakness is faith in humanity, and greed.

It's not like Baikal's order process was any better last year; talk to a guy on skype, send btc and pray that something shows up in the mailbox!
Ordering the S1's from Bitmain wasnt a "sure thing" either back in the day.

I think these previous experiences has increased the amount of risk I'm willing to take. And maybe this experience will lower the amount of risk I'm willing to take!  Tongue
June 21, 2018, 09:04:21 AM

They can't even afford to buy their own domain and you thing this is a legitimate product? This is why scamming is becoming a very lucrative endeavour for some. Don't get me wrong I feel really bad and sorry for all those who were scammed but come on. I'd expect that people investing in crypto and posting here would be smarter than the average person.
Greed and stupidity (and disappointement in current mining revenue, that helped too)
Activity: 252
Merit: 13
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
June 21, 2018, 08:36:43 AM

June 21, 2018, 08:34:52 AM
I hope these are real. I just did a quick power supply conversion of a supply I got for free. 4 12V rails @18Amps each. So this thing could power a lot of dwarfs. So if this is real I will be building a nice rig with a ton of them.

My confidence is not high enough to even buy a new switch or work on a PSU so for the time being, i'm just waiting...
Activity: 146
Merit: 4
June 21, 2018, 08:31:34 AM
That’s the nice thing about ATX supplies. They also have a 5V line. My conversion has 1 5V connector and 4 12V. I would estimate I can power about 80 dwarfs with this.  Smiley If it is not a scam.. I did the conversion for another project but maybe I am gonna use it for a dwarf rig.
June 21, 2018, 08:02:25 AM
Nice conversion! The DwarfMiner needs a 5v line as well right? I'm also planning to reuse an old PSU: mining these days normally means buying big 750-1500w models... but you can easily run a dozen+ DM's on an old crappy 250w supply.

Activity: 146
Merit: 4
June 21, 2018, 07:58:01 AM
I hope these are real. I just did a quick power supply conversion of a supply I got for free. 4 12V rails @18Amps each. So this thing could power a lot of dwarfs. So if this is real I will be building a nice rig with a ton of them.

June 21, 2018, 07:34:57 AM
Yeah, shipping was in bundles of 4, and he said "...80% of orders for 4 pcs. Some people buy more than one hundred pieces"...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.39166631

So no cap at 4.
June 21, 2018, 07:22:53 AM
Looking at replies, I think he did sold thousands of these "units".

As some people brought over 16 units, this also tell us about his commitment to not sell more than 4 units to a person.

I don't think there was commitment regarding the number of unit per persons. Just that there was a limit for the shipping.
The cost of delivery includes no more than four units (a parcel weight limit is 500 grams). If you need more, please contact us:
Activity: 252
Merit: 8
June 21, 2018, 07:12:55 AM
Looking at replies, I think he did sold thousands of these "units".

As some people brought over 16 units, this also tell us about his commitment to not sell more than 4 units to a person.
Activity: 348
Merit: 119
June 21, 2018, 06:08:29 AM
I'm still praying, as I've ordered 16 of these fuckers..

I have a feeling that a Bad Luck Brian meme will be in order soon Tongue
You've got balls going that deep  Grin
I went with only 8 but i think that was alreayd too much, so 16  Shocked you are a risk taker

Its a fine line between big balls and stupid! Tongue
If by some miracle this thing works out, I'm going to celebrate Chad style!

I'd say 8 is high risk too, hopefully it will work out, lets pray together!
Hope for you to.
Activity: 324
Merit: 250
June 21, 2018, 05:46:40 AM
I'm still praying, as I've ordered 16 of these fuckers..

I have a feeling that a Bad Luck Brian meme will be in order soon Tongue
You've got balls going that deep  Grin
I went with only 8 but i think that was alreayd too much, so 16  Shocked you are a risk taker

Its a fine line between big balls and stupid! Tongue
If by some miracle this thing works out, I'm going to celebrate Chad style!

I'd say 8 is high risk too, hopefully it will work out, lets pray together!
Pages:
Jump to: