Pages:
Author

Topic: El Salvador retirees protest against Bitcoin as legal tender - page 8. (Read 1085 times)

Activity: 1848
Merit: 341
Duelbits.com

This is most probably the result of media/news. The old "bitcoin is dirty money" narrative is still there, I see. Poor misinformed souls are pieces in a game they don't understand, still, they're out protesting.
And if one wants to believe something, no government ad or educational material would get him out of that (just see all what's going on around covid). So educating them won't work.

The only correct move I can see is to move on as planned, provide all the tools and make this program a success. Then they might get out from their bubble.

Because this is indeed an early stage, it is possible that the Government should work even harder to prove that the constraints faced by the community, especially the complaints of retirees, will be given more attention.
It must be continued according to the initial plan, how this goal must be achieved together with mutual synergy between the government and the community in order to reap success.

Despite all the accepted reasons, this is still worthy as input for the government to give more attention.
People really want things that are in accordance with their needs on that day, just as living the economy in the midst of Covid 19 has left many behind. So a fair complaint where it happened in El Salvador which authorized the adoption of legal payments via Bitcoin.
Activity: 882
Merit: 63
Another BS, money laundering is much easier to get caught if they use bitcoin because there's a public ledger that helps you trace the suspicious transactions. It's normal that the prices are volatile, that's how it is plus why do they make a big deal out of bitcoin, as if it's the only thing that matters in El Salvador.
Exactly, it's as if it's still 2014 in El Salvador, bitcoin isn't just used by criminals anymore and it hasn't been the thing ever since, that's why their worries are all misplaced. And you're right about the part where they can easily track the criminals that use bitcoin for illegal activities.
legendary
Activity: 3500
Merit: 6205
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
“Salvadorans also expressed concerns over the lack of knowledge and understanding of the technology needed to use cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. Protesters held up signs saying, “We don’t want Bitcoin” and “No to corrupt money laundering.”

Before that, the government should really provide comprehensive education to all elements of society, both young and old, and also the implementation of Blockchain technology-based curriculum, especially the economy under Bitcoin.

This is most probably the result of media/news. The old "bitcoin is dirty money" narrative is still there, I see. Poor misinformed souls are pieces in a game they don't understand, still, they're out protesting.
And if one wants to believe something, no government ad or educational material would get him out of that (just see all what's going on around covid). So educating them won't work.

The only correct move I can see is to move on as planned, provide all the tools and make this program a success. Then they might get out from their bubble.
Activity: 1848
Merit: 341
Duelbits.com
That's what alternative payments are used for besides Bitcoin. Because we inevitably have to look the other way, how not all El Salvadorans accept the policy that the government is trying to implement that makes Bitcoin a legal payment.

These cases serve as an evaluation before going any further, we know adoption is good, but if anyone feels that inequality in freedom of choice transactions actually falls on El Salvador coercive law enforcement.

Before that, the government should really provide comprehensive education to all elements of society, both young and old, and also the implementation of Blockchain technology-based curriculum, especially the economy under Bitcoin.
Activity: 1120
Merit: 68
Another BS, money laundering is much easier to get caught if they use bitcoin because there's a public ledger that helps you trace the suspicious transactions. It's normal that the prices are volatile, that's how it is plus why do they make a big deal out of bitcoin, as if it's the only thing that matters in El Salvador.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 4795
According to the news I have read was that 30% of El Salvadorians make use of bank, this is one of the reasons the bill to make Bitcoin a legal tender was proposed and accepted by the Salvadoran Congress.

The #BitcoinLaw has been approved by a supermajority in the Salvadoran Congress.

62 out of 84 votes!

History! #Btc

— Nayib Bukele (@nayibbukele) June 9, 2021
He said that accepting Bitcoin would be mandatory for all businesses. “They have to take it by law,” he said of merchants in the country. “If you go to Mexico, they have to take your pesos.

This would have been the cause of protests by some people that went against the bitcoin law. If bitcoin is accepted, it is by force that every business should accept it as a form of payment in El Salvador. I think the government should not go to this extent, they should let citizens to have their own opinion to make. Even if they accept Bitcoin as a legal tender, it should not be a compulsory form of payment, they should just only accept it as a legal form of payment which I think it is enough and not mandating their citizens to accept it as some do not want to. Bitcoin should give freedom, El Salvadorian government should also think about this before making compulsion move, Bitcoin is better to just be a legal form of payment and not more.
Activity: 966
Merit: 801
Introduction : We already know El Salvador become the first country that 100% support Bitcoin because they plan to accept Bitcoin as a legal tender on September 7, 2021 which will bring mass adoption for Bitcoin. As we can see many users spreading good news about El Salvador in this forum, some of them:

I thought there will no bad news from El Salvador to Bitcoin, but I'm wrong I'm really shocked when I see a news talking some veteran, pensioners, and workers from El Salvador protest against Bitcoin as legal tender. The most shocked thing is their opinions about Bitcoin, all is bullshit!

We know this coin fluctuates drastically. Its value changes from one second to another, and we will have no control over it,” Stanley Quinteros, a member of the Supreme Court of Justice’s workers’ union, reportedly said. Salvadorans also expressed concerns over the lack of knowledge and understanding of the technology needed to use cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin. Protesters held up signs saying, “We don’t want Bitcoin” and “No to corrupt money laundering.”
What on earth did they say??? NO CONTROL OVER IT, CORRUPT MONEY LAUNDERING!
Bitcoin = Be Your Own Bank, you have full control over it just like how Bank can have full control of your Fiat. Bitcoin could be used for Money Laundering but do you have an evidence about it? No! You just ignored the fact your favorite Fiat is always be used for money laundering $800 billion - $2 trillion in current US dollars every year!

Not understand about technology and lack of knowledge? You can still to learn, there's no restrictions to study Bitcoin where you from, where you live, how old are you, what you gender, anyone can learn it! A lot youtuber, article, animations, and whatever already make simple definition for Average Joe to learn Bitcoin, you don't need to learn the technical thing at least you know what is Bitcoin, how it works, how to use, etc etc.

According to local reports, El Salvador’s latest anti-Bitcoin protests were apparently a part of a wider opposition campaign by local veterans protesting over low pensions on Friday. As such, some protesters reportedly demanded a pension increase from $100 to $300.
They want to be rich, but they protest against Bitcoin used as legal tender LOL does this both picture are hard to understand? please, open your eyes. Bitcoin from 0 went to $47K while USD from $25 went to $1

Salvadoran President Nayib Bukele announced legislation to accept Bitcoin as legal tender alongside the U.S. dollar in early June. The bill later passed the nation’s Legislative Assembly and is scheduled to be enforced on Sept. 7. Last week, the president clarified that Salvadorans would be free not to use Bitcoin, stating:

“What if someone doesn’t want to use Bitcoin? Don’t download the Chivo app and continue living your normal life. Nobody is going to take your dollars. Someone can always queue up at Western Union and pay a commission.”
This is the most thing I fully respect El Salvador's President statement, he doesn't forcing anyone to download their own Bitcoin app named Chivo which I think it's web wallet or the worst case ask KYC of their citizens. So if you have a privacy concern and worried about the credibility/trustworthy about the wallet, you can use non-custodial wallet or hardware wallet.

In the end, I hope El Salvador's President wouldn't postpone or even rejecting the plan to accept BTCitcoin as legal tender

Source :
Pages:
Jump to: