Pages:
Author

Topic: Electrum - Bitcoin client for the common users (friendly and instant) - page 8. (Read 110004 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
I can probably write a script that takes an input and iterates through all permutations of possible up/lower case characters for a given password. I'm not saying you are doing anything illegal here but is there any way you can prove you own this wallet? I don't want to help you hack somebody else's. 
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
And yes I mean the password itself, not the 12 word seed. The seed is gone for sure, spent 3 days looking for it. Should have printed it or physically written it down, now I know better.
Thanks for replying Tachikoma.

I'd just made the wallet, and transfered all my funds into it. I tried different combinations of the password with uppercases etc. I haven't tried a bruteforce solution because I don't know how to do it. I emailed Dave walletrecoveryservices.com and he told me that he currently doesn't support the Electrum format.

I'm sure it could be bruteforced though, considering what I know about it.
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
You mention you have a good idea what the passphrase (you are talking about the password right) could be and that it might be that one of the letters is upcased by accident. Did you try any brute-forcing yet? Did you consider typos? Did you use this wallet often? 
I'm looking for some help recovering my coins in an Electrum wallet. Lost seed, have a real good idea at what the password is. I've made multiple posts in different areas regarding this, and received no replies. I've looked at the different threads on this forum and all the recovery solutions seem QT related and don't work for Electrum.

I recently made this post in the 1.9 thread, where I outlined an interesting "bug": https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3527024

.7 BTC bounty to whoever can help me recover the passphrase? That's like $250 at the moment.

Please help. Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
What does
Code:
error: {u'message': u'TX rejected', u'code': -22}
mean? I had such errors when i tried to do many single transactions. It only went away after a new block was found.
[...]
Whats the matter?

Either the coins you're trying to spend are too new or your choosen fee is to low.

It wanted a fee so i gave 0.0001btc. Then the error happened. The coins came from a pool but were already a day old. I could send it after some blocks. I dont know why.
Activity: 225
Merit: 100
What does
Code:
mean? I had such errors when i tried to do many single transactions. It only went away after a new block was found.
[...]
Whats the matter?

Either the coins you're trying to spend are too new or your choosen fee is to low.
legendary
What does
Code:

But now its not going away. I sent some bitcoins from a different address successfully with 1.8.1 portable and then tried another one from another address. But i only get this errormessage on different servers and after new blocks were found.

Whats the matter?
donator
Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019
Which servers are you trying?

ecdsa.org: not able to connect
electrum.no-ip.org: problem occurs
electrum.datemas.de: not able to connect
cube.l0g.in: error: not able to connect
electrum.coinwallet.me: problem occurs
electrum.pdmc.net: problem occurs
electrum.drolette.com: problem occurs
electrum.stekprav.pw: problem occurs
btc.it-zone.org: problem occurs
electrum.novit.ro: problem occurs
btc.medioix.com: problem occurs
electrum.hachre.de: problem occurs
electrum.be: problem occurs

so: no success on any server.

can I do a rescan somehow without re-generating the wallet?
Activity: 349
Merit: 250
Which servers are you trying?
donator
I have some transactions (1 incoming, 2 outgoing) showing as "unverified" for a couple of days now. Looking at "details" reveals

(tried 3 different servers.)

Looking in the blockchain reveals these transactions have roughly 820 confirmations.

any ideas?
donator
why are all electrum servers I try "Server is lagging (47 blocks)"?

A bug was discovered in the Electrum server code a couple of hours ago. Most server operators are fixing this as we speak.

See https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3393171

thanks!
Activity: 349
Merit: 250

A bug was discovered in the Electrum server code a couple of hours ago. Most server operators are fixing this as we speak.

See https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3393171
donator
legendary
Activity: 1896
Merit: 1353
i think the proxy support is broken? Anyone can confirm that?

yes, it has been reported that proxy does not work
Activity: 188
Merit: 100
i think the proxy support is broken? Anyone can confirm that?
legendary
If i could request a change to gui... the repainting of the lists... cant the list be again at the previous height? I mean when i have a couple of preferred addresses i always have to scroll down, then i can only chose one address at a time and when i changed it im on top again. I think it would be easier to handle if it jumps to the previous position. Thanks!
Activity: 63
The pull request for master and 1.9 are:
https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/pull/282
https://github.com/spesmilo/electrum/pull/283

I enhanced it recently to mirror the Import raw transaction details by having a forked menu w/ file and text inputs.
Activity: 63
Guess I should post the pull request for the CSV import Smiley ... after I make sure it merges with trunk and 1.9 cleanly.
legendary
Since i have to do a lot of refund transactions in the next time it would be good if i would be able to do multiple transactions in one transaction. Is the development so far till now? Would be good when i could use it because i then only need to change my calc sheet a bit and create a big transaction.

sorry I have not worked on that at all; this will not be included in 1.9 unless someone else does it.
I think the way it should work is you open a csv file and it auto-fills a transaction dialog with all the outputs

Yes, either loading a csv-file or pasting csv-code. The same like raw transaction works. Only with more transactions that are merged into one single transaction. It would good if its possible to set a label for the transaction too.

I now did around 200 transactions by hand, took me 5 1/2 hour...  Cheesy and i hope i did no error with all the copying. CSV-Transactions look risky on the first sight but when automatically create the transaction by ooo calc, doing a small testtransaction with the same workflow and checking the details plus doing in batches of 10 i think it would be safer in fact. Doing single transactions make you tired and the risk of copy errors or similar things is rising.

By the way... by doing the single transactions i often got this error. Probably when too many transactions were in queue or so:
Code:
Pages:
Jump to: