Pages:
Author

Topic: Electrum - Bitcoin client for the common users (friendly and instant) - page 5. (Read 110004 times)

Activity: 475
Merit: 252
File>New/Restore  select wallet from list and then select "Save".  Is that correct, and if so what happens next?

NONONONONONONO THIS WILL OVERWRITE THE WALLET FILE!

File>New/Restore, then TYPE IN A NEW NAME THAT IS NOT THE SAME AS ANY ONE IN THE LIST.

This is like the "Save As..." feature of any word processor. If you choose the same name as an existing file, it will DELETE the old file, and REPLACE it with the new wallet you create/restore.
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
I created a second wallet and wrote down the seed and password.  I must have written down the password wrong because it doesn't work.  I restored my original wallet when I changed computers and then added a second wallet. 

I think I figured out how to restore the wallet but want to make sure before I try it.

File>New/Restore  select wallet from list and then select "Save".  Is that correct, and if so what happens next?
Activity: 475
Merit: 252
So, I am so done with electrum.  I just want my btc out 

Can I command prompt the private key from the address and go put my coin at blockchain or can I send it to multibit?

0.02btc if you can help me do this in the next 10-15 mins so I don't have to stress all damn day

On the receive tab of the electrum window find the bitcoin address where you sent the bitcoins, right click it and select private key. You can then copy it and import it into blockchain.info or multibit or whatever.

Note: Once you've exposed the private key don't use this electrum wallet file again. You will have to create a new one using the file menu > new/restore command in electrum.

Thanks.  Got the bitcoin back

Don't worry, not using electrum for as long as I live.  Swept the entire address and throwing it all away.  Nice 5 hour waste by me this morning

Glad to hear you got your bitcoins back! :-)

Remember, this is a practice you should be using for ANYTHING you are doing that you have NEVER DONE BEFORE with bitcoins: (like switching clients, etc.)

1. send a SMALL AMOUNT first.
2. check to make sure you can recover those small amounts and that you understand how things work. (or IF they work for you)
3. If everything is OK, then move the rest of your funds.

You should follow these steps no matter what it is you're doing in Bitcoin. Once you've confirmed that whatever it is you are attempting works for you, THEN you can move the rest of your funds into it.

Just know that it's not like the programmers of Electrum made the program that way on purpose, so don't blame Electrum. There was some sort of compatibility problem with Electrum and your machine. This is unfortunate, but myself and many others use it just fine.

I find one of the biggest problems with Bitcoin is that the most secure ways to use bitcoins are open source projects without any central company, so no user support teams. Yet if you store your bitcoins in some company's web wallet, they could disappear with it the next day for all you know...

But anywho, good luck on your future endeavors in the bitcoin space.
legendary
Activity: 3612
Merit: 1564

Can I command prompt the private key from the address and go put my coin at blockchain or can I send it to multibit?

0.02btc if you can help me do this in the next 10-15 mins so I don't have to stress all damn day

On the receive tab of the electrum window find the bitcoin address where you sent the bitcoins, right click it and select private key. You can then copy it and import it into blockchain.info or multibit or whatever.

Note: Once you've exposed the private key don't use this electrum wallet file again. You will have to create a new one using the file menu > new/restore command in electrum.

Don't worry, not using electrum for as long as I live.  Swept the entire address and throwing it all away.  Nice 5 hour waste by me this morning

Ok then. Please send the bounty to this address: 1E9HKCWtm2yn1j2TCbyWZdnggxnTWCcy22
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Daily Bitcoins for your Paypal/Skrill

legendary

If someone could please help me I'll tip you.  I sent a large amount of bitcoin to my electrum wallet. 

I installed electrum, opened it and saw my addresses, went to coinbase and sent it all there.  Then went back and saw O TX.

Only then did I see I wasn't connected.

I tried installing python, other downloadables
I tired each of the servers
I converted servers to ip's and tried
I uninstalled, reinstalled
Reset computer
checked virus scan and all I can think of and nothing

I ALWAYS HAVE THE RED DOT.

If I uninstall everything- what do I need to download from the site?  I have Win 7, 64 bit
Thanks for helping.

I unchecked auto connect and tried each of the listed servers, closed and reopened the program and the dot is always red and the left side said no connection.  So, I went to my firewall and electrum is listed as allowed.  Any other ideas?

Try what's listed here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/get-no-connection-570573

Okay I might have noticed my problem, please bear with me.  I sent a lot of coin there and can't afford to lose it.  Please see some images below.

See below I have "electrum" and inside of that is electrum 1.9.8 and inside that is the exe file

Could I have an install error?  The reason I ask is when looking at resource mgr I see

Why is the exe. file waiting for the exe file?

here are contents of 1.8.9

Also just wondering what this # is

Lastly-- is this what the console screen should look like? 

Please help me get my bitcoin out
So weird.  Nothing at all

Since it has never connected I'm unsure how long it should take after I open it.

I've tried everything, even just the ip address.  Their is a little box next to the server... what is that for
legendary
Thanks for helping.

I unchecked auto connect and tried each of the listed servers, closed and reopened the program and the dot is always red and the left side said no connection.  So, I went to my firewall and electrum is listed as allowed.  Any other ideas?

Try what's listed here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/get-no-connection-570573
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
Im using electrum portable 1.9.7 successfully but now a transaction didn't went through. Now, after 2 days it was deleted from blockchain.info's unconfirmed blocks.

I tried changing the server but the transaction still shows up in my electrum as unconfirmed.

How can i fix this without creating everything from seed and having to setup everything again, possibly losing labels?

You can export labels and history.
Click on Wallet option > Labels > Import/Export

Ps: Simply try to Upgrade your client to 1.9.8 first.
Can someone please help me.

I am new to electrum, I heard good things and wanted to try it instead of multi bit.

So I downloaded and installed, everything went fine, opened it up, adjusted preferences, and saw my receiving addresses.  So, I sent some btc.

Only after did I realize it says not connected.  I have looked for help but found nothing.  My btc was sent to the address but I can't get electrum to connect.

Can someone help?

Is auto connect supposed to be on?

Protocol?

Proxy?

Please help

First you don't have to be online to receive money so your bitcoins are not lost. They've been sent to the address in your wallet. So stop panicking.

Electrum isn't aware of that transaction because you haven't been able to connect so far. I'm guessing you found the server selection dialog box already so uncheck auto connect and select another server. If that doesn't work try restarting electrum. Proxy is usually not required so set it to none. Protocol is SSL by default and should work.

If non of the above work then you probably have a firewall blocking access.

Thanks for helping.

legendary

I am new to electrum, I heard good things and wanted to try it instead of multi bit.

So I downloaded and installed, everything went fine, opened it up, adjusted preferences, and saw my receiving addresses.  So, I sent some btc.

Only after did I realize it says not connected.  I have looked for help but found nothing.  My btc was sent to the address but I can't get electrum to connect.

Can someone help?

Protocol?

Proxy?

Please help

First you don't have to be online to receive money so your bitcoins are not lost. They've been sent to the address in your wallet. So stop panicking.

Electrum isn't aware of that transaction because you haven't been able to connect so far. I'm guessing you found the server selection dialog box already so uncheck auto connect and select another server. If that doesn't work try restarting electrum. Proxy is usually not required so set it to none. Protocol is SSL by default and should work.

If non of the above work then you probably have a firewall blocking access.

Can someone help?

Protocol?

Proxy?

Please help
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082
Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile
Im using electrum portable 1.9.7 successfully but now a transaction didn't went through. Now, after 2 days it was deleted from blockchain.info's unconfirmed blocks.

I tried changing the server but the transaction still shows up in my electrum as unconfirmed.

How can i fix this without creating everything from seed and having to setup everything again, possibly losing labels?
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Any ideas to cure the problem?
Cheers

Try the steps I've given here:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.5255759

Hey, thanks...works again! Also did a complete uninstall and reinstall of the app to be on the safe side.

Strangely it didn't work immediately, I was watching the output with -v option: first time it validated a load of chunks but got no further. Second time of opening it generated new addresses, corresponding to number of new transactions, and final time it verified all transactions.

Weird, but working properly again now so that's the main thing.

Cheers,
legendary
Activity: 116
Merit: 10
Since this transaction on 17 Feb all my subsequent ones are showing as pending:

d7dd7bb3e9440f5b549fcd6e2c97c75deae63ea3627c1f295b782040f16341d0

electrum -v shows:

received tx: 00dd877010cf2035c452b422184c2169c2ef5eda059e237197c3dd49f265bf11 454 <---- the most recent transaction

then...

Notifying GUI
Verify chunk failed!!
requested chunks: [142, 143]
Verify chunk failed!!

(the failed message is shown multiple times)

Blockchain.info shows thousands of confirmations, while electrum shows -1

I have tried unchecking autoconnect, selecting manual servers, restoring from seed...nothing fixes it.

EDIT: version 1.9.5

Any ideas to cure the problem?
Cheers
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
I love Electrum because no need for multiple backups of electrum walletit uses deterministic generation of private keys. One wallet/seed backup will do the it.

Pages:
Jump to: